Get Excited: Downtown Disney Has Now Reopened Superthread!

Yesterday David at Fresh Baked speculated two things, both of which don’t sit well with me.

1. Once DCA reopens part of BVS, they’ll begin to charge for parking once again.

2. Sig/Sig+ AP holders will not have parking fees waived, despite it being included in our AP.

Seems a bit nervy to charge someone to park... merely so that they can come and spend money on food and merch at an ailing business. Disney should *encourage* guests to come to DTD, not discourage them. Thoughts?

Last edited:
Yesterday David at Fresh Baked speculated two things, both of which don’t sit well with me.

1. Once DCA reopens part of BVS, they’ll begin to charge for parking once again.

2. Sig/Sig+ AP holders will not have parking fees waived, despite it being included in our AP.

Seems a bit nervy to charge someone to park... merely so that they can come and spend money on food and merch at an ailing business. Disney should *encourage* guests to come to DTD, not discourage them.
I hope they don’t charge for parking, or at least not charge APs who have included parking.

Has anything been said about opening M&F structure? I feel like with Buena Vista St. open, the demand is going to go up, and they will need more parking than Simba can handle.

I hope they don’t charge for parking, or at least not charge APs who have included parking.

Has anything been said about opening M&F structure? I feel like with Buena Vista St. open, the demand is going to go up, and they will need more parking than Simba can handle.
They currently aren’t using more than half the simba lot as it is. I don’t see them needing more than the rest of the simba lot with opening BVS. I also do not see them charging for parking until the theme parks reopen because there will be uproar if they try to charge.

They currently aren’t using more than half the simba lot as it is. I don’t see them needing more than the rest of the simba lot with opening BVS. I also do not see them charging for parking until the theme parks reopen because there will be uproar if they try to charge.
So when they close Simba lot, it’s due to DTD capacity, not the lot capacity? I wonder how much capacity will increase with the opening of Buena Vista Street.

So when they close Simba lot, it’s due to DTD capacity, not the lot capacity? I wonder how much capacity will increase with the opening of Buena Vista Street.
Correct. When I’ve headed out of DTD, and the Simba lot is closed, it’s only about half full. If they don’t open the garage they will probably just fill up Simba

Not sure what they will do about parking...but found it interesting that Catal listed they would validate parking for the Santa event should the need arise. Why would they even mention that if parking was going to remain free? 🤔

Not sure what they will do about parking...but found it interesting that Catal listed they would validate parking for the Santa event should the need arise. Why would they even mention that if parking was going to remain free? 🤔
I wondered that too. I thought maybe they were thinking in terms of the park getting to open. If that does happen, then I assume DTD would begin to charge for parking, so restaurants could validate.

Are they currently charging to park your car for a downtown Disney visit? Which lot are they using for parking?

TIA

No, parking is free... currently. In the Simba lot. However, it’s been speculated that Disney may begin to charge again once DCA’s Buena Vista Street is opened sometime next month.

If they charge anything close to full price they would be crazy. If anything I could see a “free for 3 hours/5hours with validation” setup.

We more than likely will stay at the Hyatt or a hotel not on the Harbor side unless we can get the Courtyard which seems booked.
Earlier this summer when I had hopes of DL being open by the end of the year, I had booked Courtyard for early December. I think it was in August when I got an emailed cancelation saying they'd be closed until December 17, 2020. We were also toying around with a DtD trip and I tried booking at Courtyard...no availability for any late December date I tried. I have a feeling they extended their closure date. :(

Earlier this summer when I had hopes of DL being open by the end of the year, I had booked Courtyard for early December. I think it was in August when I got an emailed cancelation saying they'd be closed until December 17, 2020. We were also toying around with a DtD trip and I tried booking at Courtyard...no availability for any late December date I tried. I have a feeling they extended their closure date. :(
That must be it. Because i did try some other dates in Nov and Dec and it showed not available.

Someone posted yesterday in the Speculation Superthread (and in the December Check In thread, too?) that the Courtyard is cancelling dates through March 1, 2021.

ETA: Found it.
Cal-Pie said:
No big surprise here, but I received an email today from Courtyard waterpark canceling my reservation 12/18-12/23. They were supposed to reopen on the 18th, so it looks like that is no longer the case.
I posted this in the Dec thread, but I thought I'd share it here too. I got curious and looked to see how far out Courtyard is canceling reservations. Looks like it's all the way out to March 1☹.

The new scanners were gone this evening -- back to dog check (yay!). We had a golden retriever and saw a young couple get stopped by a CM with a German shepherd. Many more CMs than usual throughout DTD. Perhaps Disney staffed up because of the holiday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter