Give a day volunteer search showing only American places?????

CdnDisneyLover

Mouseketeer
I just did a search on disney.ca with the Give a Day Get a Disney Day volunteer and its saying the closest is in Michigan. Now I do live in a boarder city but we don't want to volunteer in Michigan! :confused3

I'm going to keep looking.

There are alot of Toronto-ish choices for me. My only concern is that I need the ticket for Feb 13th, and not sure how likely it would be to get it on time. Oh well, if not, I'll just donate it.

It's frustrating because as per usual, people think there are only 2 cities in Canada: Toronto and Vancouver (ok, maybe a few more, but for the most part, it seems they carry the most listings).

Hope they add some more soon - I've been volunteering since I was 8 years old, so I like the promo for the simple fact that it promotes altruism and caring. The bonus ticket is just that, a bonus, but I do suspect, that for many, they are only going to do it for the free ticket.

Tiger

My search turned up 17 listings, most in the Ottawa region, but the remainder in Eastern Ontario.

Unfortunately ,I think it is up to the agency to request participating in the program. A lot of non-profit places rely on major police checks... etc.. which take time and paper work... not worth it if people are only in it for the free day ticket.

I actually saw a "BRILLIANT" foundation in Buffalo which I may actually go and volunteer at instead of in Ontario. I think it is more about doing good rather than where you are doing it.
In terms of getting ticket on time... as I understand it, you sign up, book you hours, do the hours and the agency confirms them. Then you get a voucher emailed to the address you have on file and you print it off. The voucher tells you how to redeem it for a ticket. I would think it would be at the park with photo id.
We too are going in Feb.

I am not having luck - everything that comes up you have to be 15 or over, and my daughter is 13.
Also, there is a neat one at the Van Aquarium (again age 15 and up), but you must pay them $40 to do it! ***?

Everything for me is coming up all over WA state and Vancouver, with a few in Langley, but nothing for under 15.
I could kick myself because at first the site was glitchy and gave me a bunch in spanish that we could do at home - making blankets or something, and I went off that page.
I might try and search in some remote zip code in the middle of nowhere and see if I can get one of those! lol

I found a good one that ANYONE in Canada can do! In order to get this to pop up, you have to put in zip code 82520 and look for the one that says residents of Canada only. - why i sit coming up that way? who knows, but glad I found it!

: Handmade Blankets - A Family Friendly Project (For Residents of Canada Only)
Serving: Volunteer Canada
Verifying Organization: VolunteerCanada
Interest: Arts & Culture, Children & Youth, Community

Show details Hide details How many times have heard a story of a sick child, a family who has come upon hard times or a child who has been abused or neglected? Through the donations of new, handmade blankets and afghans, you can help bring a little comfort, warmth and love to a ...

About this Volunteer Opportunity:
This is a volunteer project that can be done in your own home. For this project, you will download a toolkit with all project directions, a guide to self-managing the project, and resources to make the project meaningful and fun for your family. Upon completing the project, you will ship or mail the results of the project to the verifying organization.

Get the Toolkit!
Enter your information below to receive an email with instructions on downloading the Project Toolkit documents. After reviewing the toolkit, if you decide to commit to this project, use the "sign up" link in the email to sign up for the "Give a Day. Get a Disney Day." program. Your project results must be received by the verifying organization within 60 days of the date you sign up for the program.
Project Description:
How many times have heard a story of a sick child, a family who has come upon hard times or a child who has been abused or neglected? Through the donations of new, handmade blankets and afghans, you can help bring a little comfort, warmth and love to a child in need.

Goals

• To provide dignity, a sense of security, warmth and comfort to homeless individuals in need of shelter through the gifts of new, handmade blankets and afghans, lovingly created by volunteers.

• Second, to provide a rewarding and fun service opportunity for interested individuals and groups in local communities, for the benefit of children.
Project Toolkit:
To receive an email with instructions on downloading the toolkit for this project please enter your email address here and click submit:

I have the Canadian link in my siggie already if anyone is looking for info. We are registered!!

Thanks for that information Lollipop's Mom! :) I'm awaiting their email for more on this volunteer project!

We live near Montreal and our only options were in Burlington, Vermont!

I don't think so. Too bad though.

Jan

Nothing from the edge of the planet ... :headache:

ted- theyve added two things for ns....one was mardi gras in lunenburg i think, and teh other was volunteering with the red cross- a host/ess type thing- helping out after people have donated blood i believe. i had troubke getting the site to work and then i accidedntly scrolled down after it said ti was too busy and both of these were listed. was hoping theyd list GGC since im already a volunteer there, but no such luck.

I am trying and trying, and trying to sign up my additonal volunteers and so on, I get to the spot where all my info is received and it says press Edit or Continue, to go to hands on network, I can't get past there, anyone know what to do?

I used disney.com and got into all of the canadian stuff with no problems. I just found that blanket one kinda 'hidden' and hard to find.

Thats the one I am trying to sign up for, cause I am a knitter and so are my kids, and they are so happy to be doing this project, I just can't get past the sign up part, and it is supposed to send you on to Hands On network, and I can't get there!I hope I can finish it soon, I am getting frustrated!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter