Give a day volunteer search showing only American places?????

Thats the one I am trying to sign up for, cause I am a knitter and so are my kids, and they are so happy to be doing this project, I just can't get past the sign up part, and it is supposed to send you on to Hands On network, and I can't get there!I hope I can finish it soon, I am getting frustrated!

Any luck yet? I am also unable to complete the registration.

Nope not yet! It says now that my email has already been used and I may continue to the hands on network to continue, but the HON doesn't recognize my email address!!!!!!!!!!!!ARGGGGGGG

Yep I was on disney.ca. Its because I live in a border city and it takes the closest radius but I thought London, Ontario would have something. We already volunteer at our local Salvation Army so too bad that wasn't one of the options. I will keep looking........

Now it keeps telling me to Please Enter a valid Canadian Province/Territory
Please enter a valid primary phone number.
Please enter a valid first name. The field may only contain alphabetic characters (letters A-Z) and/or hyphens.

This is the instructions I was given. Choose a volunteer opportunity. Express interest by filling out the info. Within five days the organization will contact you. We chose our organization and sent info. I received a confirmation email. After the organization contacts me we make final arrangments. I am to follow the link in the confirmation email sent to me today to complete my registration and sign up. It took less than five minutes. Maybe people are trying to complete the registration before they have been contacted by the organization and that is why you might be getting errors.:confused3

This is the instructions I was given. Choose a volunteer opportunity. Express interest by filling out the info. Within five days the organization will contact you. We chose our organization and sent info. I received a confirmation email. After the organization contacts me we make final arrangments. I am to follow the link in the confirmation email sent to me today to complete my registration and sign up. It took less than five minutes. Maybe people are trying to complete the registration before they have been contacted by the organization and that is why you might be getting errors.:confused3

That's what I got too!

Now it keeps telling me to Please Enter a valid Canadian Province/Territory
Please enter a valid primary phone number.
Please enter a valid first name. The field may only contain alphabetic characters (letters A-Z) and/or hyphens.

Any luck? I picked a volunteer opportunity and have received the email to register. STILL can't register. Keeps saying enter a valid Canadian Province even though I selected ON from the list.

This is VERY frustrating.

Any tips? Or a # to call to get tech support from disney??????

I really wanted to do this and include our whole family, but I was very disappointed to see that it actually ends on Dec. 15th, not the 31st - this is the ONLY year we are going for Christmas (we always go in the summer), and of course we are not arriving until the 17th, so this is a big let down!

riu girl, I am having the same problem. I have contacted a few people that have tried to help me, and the latest email I have gotten is that it is a global glitch, and they are working on the problem, they said they would contact me as soon as the problem was fixed. I will let you know when they get back to me!!!!!!!!!!!!Good luck!

YES, please post on this thread when you have been told it is fixed. I called the # associated with the promotion and was told that the glitch is tied to certain postal codes? I was told to check once per day and that it should be fixed within a week:confused3

What is the email address that you have used? Maybe I will also send an email.

Thanks

I might have the answer....

I was able to sign up last night for the blanket activity.
I received this confirmation email :( Pay attention to the "What happens next")
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Volunteer Canada Volunteer Opportunity Portal
Dear XXXXX,

We're thrilled that you've signed up to participate in the “Handmade Blankets - A Family Friendly Project (For Residents of Canada Only)” opportunity. We have notified VolunteerCanada of your commitment and sign-up for the “Give a Day. Get a Disney Day.” program.

Registered Participants:
xxxx
xxxxx
xxxxx
xxxx
xxxx

Opportunity Location:

If you have questions about this opportunity, please contact the Opportunity Coordinator or Volunteer Leader who will be supervising this project:

Email: gadgadd@volunteer.ca

Here is the description of the opportunity you have signed up for:

How many times have heard a story of a sick child, a family who has come upon hard times or a child who has been abused or neglected? Through the donations of new, handmade blankets and afghans, you can help bring a little comfort, warmth and love to a child in need.

Goals

• To provide dignity, a sense of security, warmth and comfort to homeless individuals in need of shelter through the gifts of new, handmade blankets and afghans, lovingly created by volunteers.

• Second, to provide a rewarding and fun service opportunity for interested individuals and groups in local communities, for the benefit of children.

What happens next?

Follow the directions in the toolkit you downloaded to complete this project. To qualify for the “Give a Day. Get a Disney Day.” program you must mail your completed project to VolunteerCanada no later than 60 days from today.

After you have completed your volunteer assignment, VolunteerCanada will notify Disney Parks, who will contact you with instructions for printing your voucher for your free Disney day at Disneyland® Resort or Walt Disney World® Resort.

If you are not able to fulfill your commitment to volunteer, please let us know immediately. Click on the following link or paste it into your Web browser to be taken to the Volunteer Opportunity Portal to remove yourself from the opportunity.

On behalf of govolunteer, its affiliates and partner organizations, thank you for volunteering and being part of the “Give a Day. Get a Disney Day.” program.

govolunteer
“Give A Day. Get A Disney Day.” Volunteer Support Team
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok,
I received this email last night, went to the fabric store this morning, spent $45.00 on material, spent the day making the blankets with the kids and DH ( it was great!), and ran to the post office to mail them out( another $15.00). We are going to Disney in Feb, so I really wanted to do this sooner then later.
When I get home, at 5:00, I receive this email:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear XXXXX,

Thank you for your interest in this opportunity. Unfortunately this is a virtual opportunity only available for those in remote regions who do not have access to other qualifying volunteer opportunities.

We encourage you to continue searching at www.disneyparks.ca to find a volunteer position. New opportunities will be added daily so keep going back and we are certain you will find a meaningful volunteer opportunity.

Customer Service Coordinator

Volunteer Canada / Bénévoles Canada

353 Dalhousie Street / 353 rue Dalhousie

3rd floor / 3ième étage

Ottawa, ON KIN 7G1

Can you believe this? :confused3

I sent them back an email stating that we already completed the activity, based on the first email I received. No where did it state to wait, or that it was still being validated ( verifyed). It was a great day to it. I think this is very unfair ( misleading) . My kids are so disappointed! I feel terrible.( and angry.) Remote area? Where does it state that?

That's why I think you are not able to put in your postal code.

Any advice on what we should do?

Yes, it was a great family activity, and the blankets will go to good use, but I feel as though we have been mislead.I would not have spent the money on this right now, had we not been enticed with free tickets.

We got the same email from the blanket project, and it was the only one we could find for our 6 year old to participate in. She was so excited too.

I didn't even get an email from the blanket project!
This would have been a good one for disabled people to complete as well.
I am not going to go and volunteer for the day without my daughter - I wanted to do it together.
There are no opportunities for us at all. This program REALLY SUCKS!

I just found my blanket email in my spam folder.
I went to sign up, but it keeps telling me to choose a valid province. UGH

I might have the answer....

I was able to sign up last night for the blanket activity.
I received this confirmation email :( Pay attention to the "What happens next")
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Volunteer Canada Volunteer Opportunity Portal
Dear XXXXX,

We're thrilled that you've signed up to participate in the “Handmade Blankets - A Family Friendly Project (For Residents of Canada Only)” opportunity. We have notified VolunteerCanada of your commitment and sign-up for the “Give a Day. Get a Disney Day.” program.

Registered Participants:
xxxx
xxxxx
xxxxx
xxxx
xxxx

Opportunity Location:

If you have questions about this opportunity, please contact the Opportunity Coordinator or Volunteer Leader who will be supervising this project:

Email: gadgadd@volunteer.ca

Here is the description of the opportunity you have signed up for:

How many times have heard a story of a sick child, a family who has come upon hard times or a child who has been abused or neglected? Through the donations of new, handmade blankets and afghans, you can help bring a little comfort, warmth and love to a child in need.

Goals

• To provide dignity, a sense of security, warmth and comfort to homeless individuals in need of shelter through the gifts of new, handmade blankets and afghans, lovingly created by volunteers.

• Second, to provide a rewarding and fun service opportunity for interested individuals and groups in local communities, for the benefit of children.

What happens next?

Follow the directions in the toolkit you downloaded to complete this project. To qualify for the “Give a Day. Get a Disney Day.” program you must mail your completed project to VolunteerCanada no later than 60 days from today.

After you have completed your volunteer assignment, VolunteerCanada will notify Disney Parks, who will contact you with instructions for printing your voucher for your free Disney day at Disneyland® Resort or Walt Disney World® Resort.

If you are not able to fulfill your commitment to volunteer, please let us know immediately. Click on the following link or paste it into your Web browser to be taken to the Volunteer Opportunity Portal to remove yourself from the opportunity.

On behalf of govolunteer, its affiliates and partner organizations, thank you for volunteering and being part of the “Give a Day. Get a Disney Day.” program.

govolunteer
“Give A Day. Get A Disney Day.” Volunteer Support Team

Ok,
I received this email last night, went to the fabric store this morning, spent $45.00 on material, spent the day making the blankets with the kids and DH ( it was great!), and ran to the post office to mail them out( another $15.00). We are going to Disney in Feb, so I really wanted to do this sooner then later.
When I get home, at 5:00, I receive this email:

Dear XXXXX,

Thank you for your interest in this opportunity. Unfortunately this is a virtual opportunity only available for those in remote regions who do not have access to other qualifying volunteer opportunities.

We encourage you to continue searching at www.disneyparks.ca to find a volunteer position. New opportunities will be added daily so keep going back and we are certain you will find a meaningful volunteer opportunity.

Customer Service Coordinator

Volunteer Canada / Bénévoles Canada

353 Dalhousie Street / 353 rue Dalhousie

3rd floor / 3ième étage

Ottawa, ON KIN 7G1

Can you believe this? :confused3

I sent them back an email stating that we already completed the activity, based on the first email I received. No where did it state to wait, or that it was still being validated ( verifyed). It was a great day to it. I think this is very unfair ( misleading) . My kids are so disappointed! I feel terrible.( and angry.) Remote area? Where does it state that?

That's why I think you are not able to put in your postal code.

Any advice on what we should do?

Yes, it was a great family activity, and the blankets will go to good use, but I feel as though we have been mislead.I would not have spent the money on this right now, had we not been enticed with free tickets.

That is so unfortunate. Please let us know if they email you back and what they say.

Son3disfan that really sucks. They should have been much clearer from the start. I really hope you get your ticket.

The closest thing I could find was 2 hours away in Vermont. We probably won't go to wdw this year anyways but I was hoping to donate the ticket.

We got the exact same email about remote areas!! The funny thing is, we are in a remote area. We live on an Island, in a community of about 1500 people. The nearest city to us for volunteering is over 1.5 hours away, and kids under 15 can't do the 3 listed.
I was frustrated because I had fought with the system endlessly to even sign up, and then finally do, and get that back as well.
I emailed the go volunteer and explained to them in the email how we are a remote area, and have always been cosidered a remote area. I will see what the say, haven't heard anything back yet!

HI there, Very promptly received an email back from the volunteer agency, and was told that they were sorry and that I had received and automated general delivery ad. I actually can do this project and was told so in the email. I had to explain to them that I do live in a remote area, and that also, there is nowhere in their listing does it say that you have to be living in a remote area to do this project. I told them their ad was very misleading to many people, and that they should change it if that is the case of remote areas. SO now it says I am signed up and can complete this project. My kids had already started crocheting blankets,and I didn't have the heart to tell them to stop doing it already! That would have been a real kicker for them.
Good luck all!

I guys
I just received my email.
I was able to put my postal code in.
I'm trying for an organization in Oakville,family - homelessness.
Assisting children during a playgroup while parents receive assistance.
I received an email that I'd hear from the organization in 5 days.
Looking forward to a new experience and helping out.

Hugs Mel:hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter