Goal Getting....my journey....lmhall2000

Way to go.....your doing supper :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:
Sounds like you have a good plan of attack for Easter stuff. Anything you might gain I hope comes off as fast as it went on lol.

Kristin

Well, it's the day before my weigh in and I hope the scales are kind...I was not so kind to my eating over Easter....I had about 5 pieces of candy...should have only had one...but I did slimfast for a meal that day so hopefully it won't KILL me tomorrow! The good news is I got in 14 miles this weekend...the weather was GREAT except for Easter..but I even walked in the drizzle on that day. I also did the 4 mile WATP and Cardio pilates...I haven't missed a workout with Oprah's challenge this week so hopefully that will help...I think since I've started I've only missed 2 workout days...so I'm hanging in there.

I am anxious about the house selling...it's been over a year! It's really sad....we don't have a hearth room and our kitchen is white...those are two things I can't change...all other comments are GREAT...I know it is in God's hands...I'm just having bit of anxiety about it today...

I'm going to a scrapbooking meeting at a friends house...the fellowship should lift me up today...I've found that going low carb the two days before my weigh in really helps...I slowly add in carbs over the weekend to keep the low blood sugar drops from hitting me with all that walking I'm doing. I am fitting in clothes that were given to me last year by a friend who had dropped to a size 10 and I'm wearing them now! :) They're 14's but they are loose! :) I can't wait to fit into a size 12 really well. I'm sooo hippy and huge thighs that my bottoms seem to take longer to shrink than my tops..I can wear most Mediums in tops now...YEAH! Better run...just had to check in! :) Hopefully a 60 pound clippie will be on the horizon and a new picture!!! :)

Tara

You are doing GREAT Tara! :banana: :banana: :cheer2: Keep up the good work and those size 12's will be looking good in no time. ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo

Hey Tara - Good luck with your weigh in tomorrow. I hope to see that 60 pound clippie :teeth: Don't worry about the candy... it's not like 5 pieces are going to make or break your diet. Now a whole bag is a different story ;)

I'm sorry your stressing out over your house. Isn't it unbelievable how picky some people can be about a color of a room. What is a hearth room? Keep the faith and it'll happen soon.

Great job on the size 14's being too big. You sound like your built alot like me... small top and waist and then big saddlebags, hips and butt :rolleyes: If I could lose as much on my butt as I have on my ****s, I'd be set :rotfl: I'm just starting to be able to wear 12's, but not all brands comfortably. I did buy some size 12 skorts today and realized how fat my legs still were :guilty:

Here's some :wizard: :wizard: for tomorrow

Good luck on your weigh in. What is a hearth room? A fireplace in your kitchen? There are lots of people who like white cabinets in a kitchen. My girlfriend had white cabinets in her last 4 houses. Good luck. :wizard:

Wilderness!! THanks for the encouragment!!! I know there must be SOMEONE out there that likes White cabinets and doesn't need a hearth room...it's a living space off your kitchen with a fireplace...I hope this is the week!!! I really want to get this over with...

Good news....I lost .5 pounds...not alot but my body always does this...I'll have a big loss (3 pounds last week) then I'll do a .5 or maintain then maybe a pound the next...but I'm going to work my hardest at getting 2 pounds off by next week!! I want to have that 60 pound clippie!!! And I want April to be the month where I FIRMLY plant myself into the 170's never to see the 180's AGAIN!!! :)

Let's kick it!
Tara

I thought it was something like that. If someone really does not like white cabinets they can have them redone. Keep the faith. Congrats on your loss.

Way to go on the loss! :banana: Don't worry, the house will sell soon, you just have to have faith. ;) ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo

I had done so well the past two days eating...and somehow weigh in day just makes me feel like I've got a little wiggle room before the next weigh in...my dd (5) has been going through off/on stomach virus for 5 days...the other kids went through it in 3 days with no problems..but after the third day we thought she was better then yesterday she had it again...so I haven't been able to go to the grocery and we were out of ALL food...okay I have some dried beans, frozen peas, and sour cream...couldn't figure out how to make that into a meal...so I thought I'd take them to a breakfast out, then go shopping...I had already decided to slimfast this whole week...so I figured I'd make it a good meal...had a whole grain bagel with egg/cheese/chicken at Chik-Fil-A and I did eat the hash browns....I fretted a bit thinking these were sooo close to my ban on french fries ....but I convinced myself they were not french fries and ate them! :) I've also got a Cadbury egg I saved for today...it's the last one and I just am going to eat it. Then I'll have 6 more days to get some groceries and have better meals..

As soon as we finished eating at Chik-Fil-A...she grabbed her belly and gave me that look that says 'GET ME TO A TOILET QUICK!'....I raced her in..and nothing..we went back out and she did the same and again nothing...I knew if she didn't get in the laying down position...we'd be in trouble...so had to skip the grocery run...poor dog doesn't even have any food but we did manage to save her some biscuit and chicken from their meals...now we're back at home and she's laying down watching Melody and Ariel.

Dh comes home today...so I know I can get some groceries tonight...just need some skim milk so I can have slimfast and the kids have to eat something other than leftover Easter candy. Hoping my sister-n-law can stop by...I hate calling in for help. But it happens like that sometimes!

Now...when am I going to enjoy that Cadbury??? Should I wait till the afternoon craving between meals or just load it on top of the big meal I just ate??? Am I not NUTS!!! :)

Tara

No April Fool HERE!!!! I weighed today at 181.5!!! Yesterday (my official weigh in was 183..) but that cup of coffee I had yesterday (first in a couple of years) kind of whooshed my tract if I can say...and I just felt thinner today for some reason...and with today's weigh in I completed my first 10% goal of 20 pounds to get to 182...my next 10% goal will be 164...and then I'll be within GOAL RANGE!!! Somewhere between 145-155!!! :) AND I'm .5 from grabbing that 60 pound clippie and just less than 2 pounds from the 170's!!! I think this week I'll have to weigh daily to see them all!!! :) CAN'T WAIT!!! YAHOO!!!

Off to grab my slimfast...and I'm doing my 4 miler this afternoon after the rains stop....YEAH!!!

Tara

WAY TO GO TARA!!!!! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :banana: :banana: :banana: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Keep up the good work and by the time the weekend is over you will be in the 170's!! ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo

Tara - WEIGH TO GO!!!! :banana: :banana: You are SO close to those 170's. I bet this will inspire you to be extra good and workout extra hard. Sorry to hear your DD is still not feeling well and I know how it is to stay OP with sicks kids. Hang in there and we'll have so much to celebrate with you soon. :cool1:

I so understand about the stomach bug!!! It is the PITS!!!! I hope DD is feeling better today! :grouphug:

Well, last week I saw 181.5...but not today's weigh in...I was at 182.0...that nasty TOM! I did lose a net pound from last week's official weigh in but was really hoping to see 181 today..it'll happen and sooner than later I'll be in the 170's..I'm almost at my mid point of my journey to 4th of July and I'm starting to wane a little bit...I feel like I just want to have 3 normal days of eating...no slimfasts..eat anything I want...but I know if I do that it could put my goal date off longer...I can have thousands of normal eating days after 4th of July...just gotta remind myself! :)

Well....off to pray that our house sells and praise God for the many many blessings He has given us!

Tara

Keep up the good work Tara. Remember, building healthy eating habits is half the battle of maintaining, so try not to skip too many days of normal eating.

You'll get under 180 next week, I am sure. ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo

Tara - DAMN that TOM :sad1: If your like me, I bet 2 pounds of water will be gone by next week, so I'm CERTAIN we'll be celebrating the 170's with you :teeth: Hang in there and drink EXTRA water this week (if that's even possible :earboy2: )

Tera!! AAAGH!! I've been bad...something about weigh in day does it to me...if the scales are kind (they really were today...a loss is a loss but I REALLY REALLY wanted to see 181 today) so I REBELLED!!! I had scrambled eggs and one piece of wheat toast (so far so good)....then I just figured I had been soooo good the past week and had avoided all that leftover easter candy that I better see what's left. Oops..there was a Cadbury left...but, alas, it was cracked on the inside and all the gooey stuff was seeping out...well, that won't do..it's no fun to eat it unless I can have the pleasure of finding the surprise goo inside. So I threw it away!! YEAH!!! I'm doing GREAT! But, no..I had already decided that I needed chocolate..so I had 4 mini mini Reese eggs...they're about the size of a peanut M&M...so really that's not soo bad is it? I feel good about my choice to chunk the Cadbury.

Then, for lunch, I was even better! I ordered a small caesar salad from Mcallister's..still..pretty darn good! But then my littlest just couldn't finishe a fourth of her kids pita pizza...so of course I allowed myself to eat it..the pita was whole wheat so I figured...that's still not bad. But, here's where I set myself up! I ordered them each a giant cookie...knew my son could eat all his and usually one daughter can eat all hers but I KNEW my littlest would share half that gooey cookie with me. Well, of all days....both my girls only finished half their cookie...so what did I do? I sat there and ate BOTH their leftovers!!!! Well, I just convinced myself I would slimfast tonight...although I'm out of slimfast and wonder if a skim milk will do the job...so I'm sitting on the couch...and get a craving for cheetos..I had thrown out a bag last week but bought those multipacks of serving bags for the kids to take on the go...so I just ate a bag of cheetos!!! UGH!!! THAT'S IT!!! Something about weigh in day gives me the license to CHEAT!!! NO NO NO!!! I will not have that!! Or maybe it's just rebound from being so disciplined during TOM that my body just cracked. Whatever, it's over...I've confessed my cheat....and I'm MOVING on!!! :)

Oh...had a showing today...but here's where the stress hits the fan. Yesterday, get a request for documents/admissions from the attorney of the fella I'm suing. He's trying to be a nuisance thinking I'll give up if they force me to do all this busy work...so I spent hours researching how to respond...you know in civil court you have to reply in a certain fashion...use legalese...use a certain type of paper and typeset...etc. I'm trying to find an attorney who I can pay hourly just to coach me through these little nuisances so I don't lose on some technicality...well, while I was becoming a very amateur attorney....I forgot I had eggs boiling on the stove (was going to make deviled eggs...sticking to my low carb ya know!) All of a sudden I hear POP POP POP!! I figured it must be the kids playing or something. Then my realtor calls and says he wants to pay someone to stage our house for this weekend's open house...sure...then I hear a pop/pop again. I get worried...I tell him I have to go...then my son comes out of the kitchen and I see a room filled with smoke...where are my smoke alarms??? My eggs have exploded all over the kitchen counter and thick black smoke is coming out of the pan. Oh my GOSH!! THE SMELL!!!! I quickly yell to the kids to get upstairs hoping they'll avoid inhaling this toxic smoke...I open all the doors and windows and start cloroxing everything to tone down that smell! I do the best I can before the realtor shows up with his staging lady...I think she'll help..she's going to fluff up the rooms and bring accessories since all of ours are packed away...but it smells AWFUL! She makes me a list of towels and such that she wants me to buy...and today I get ready to go buy and the kitchen still reeks! Then I get a call that there will be a showing in 15 minutes!! UGH!! I tried to Lysol and run the dishwasher and dryer to get some fresh scents in...but it's AWFUL!!! So all this to say that I think I ate those cheetos and chocolate chip cookie out of frustration over my stinky boiled eggs...the $$$ I just spent on colorful towels and doo-dads to "stage" my house....and the fact my scales only showed a pound gone!!!

UGH! But on a high note...the pants I wore today are sooo sooo loose and 4 weeks ago they were tight!! :) So I'm making do.

Tara

Tara
Sounds like you had a Murphy's Law day. Hopefuly things will start going better for you.

Keep up the good work and you will be in the 170's soon. With your determination, you are sure to suceed.

Here is a group hug to make you feel better. :grouphug: :grouphug:

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:
I just can't (breathe) help myself (breathe), but your story (breathe) sounds so funny.(breathe)

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Ok, I am better now. I don't mean to laugh, I know that you were in a serious situation with trying to show the house. But I could just picture you doing the normal mom thing (maybe it is the kids and I will ignore it for now) and then come to find out it was actually one of those things that needed your attention. Then I pictured you furiously trying to clean the house and De-Smell (is that a word). Then I pictured you trying to explain this AWFUL smell to everyone while trying to show the house and get ready for staging.

I just couldn't help myself. It was truly one of those, "the funniest things happen in daily life" moments. Ok, so maybe you will laugh later. At least I burned off quite a few calories just by reading. ;)

Glad to hear your pants are loose. Time to pack them up. ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo

Thanks Kathy and Lesli!!! If I lost a pound for every laugh I will have over all this AAAAGGHHHH moments..I would need serious weight gaining therapy! :) I HAVE to laugh at these things! My husband says I can always find the good in everything/everybody...we have this saying...the devil may be bad, but he's a hard worker! :)

Y'all are making me smile sooo big! And I'm going to be smiling through all 4 miles of the WATP DVD...I'll kick my knees up extra high tonight trying to ignore the rancid smell that is probably being absorbed into my walls as I speak. I tried a mix of lemon joy/ammonia/vinegar and soaked the little grease vents from the microwave hood where all the pieces of eggs were imbedded, that room will need a major wash down or we'll have to bake 10 batches of cookies to cancel the smell by the open house on Sunday! :) Oh well...another day...another adventure! :)

Tara

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter