Goal Getting....my journey....lmhall2000

I DID IT I DID IT I DID IT!!!!

It's taken over a year..but I finally traded in that 55 pound clippie for the 60 pound...and I'm not keeping it longer than a month!! I weighed in at 180.5 this morning...I knew TOM was holding me back and I could feel my body smaller so to see the scale say that (I checked 3x to be sure!) I just knew I'd never see 182 again. Now I'm going to push HARD to get to 179 by next weigh in...Can't wait to only have teens to lose before I see 150's!!! :)

YAHOO!!! Picture coming soon..gotta figure out how to get the digital from the camera to my computer...we're lacking the right cable or something. Thanks guys!!!

Tara

lmhall2000 said:
I DID IT I DID IT I DID IT!!!!

It's taken over a year..but I finally traded in that 55 pound clippie for the 60 pound...and I'm not keeping it longer than a month!!

Tara--

All I can say is:

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Congrats to you! What an awesome accomplishment! :cheer2: :Pinkbounc

I honestly think the coolest thing about what you did was the fact that you hung in and stuck with it for over a year! That takes real determination and grit!

You should definitely reward yourself for this!

Hope you have a great weekend! :sunny:

WTG Tara!! :cheer2: :banana:

This time it's 60.......soon it will be 70! ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo

I just had my longest walk of the year...I walked for 2 straight hours!!! I figure that's about 7 miles...I usually walk at a 16 minute pace but those last two miles were more like a 20 minute pace...now I'm off to a nice hot bath to keep my muscles from fainting. And I've got to get some food!!! :) I can feel my fat just trembling with fear from what I just put it through! :)

Tara

Four more pounds and I'll have that 65 pound clippie!!!! I'm at 180...actually saw 179 on the scale but it was one of those lightly stepping on the scales trying to trick it weigh ins..the flat footed..head high..step on revealed 180 3x...so I'm going with that...I'm more than 1/2 way to my goal of 150's!!! :) Just 20.5 pounds to go and then I'll coast on to goal!!! :)

Can't wait!!!

Tara

Little laugh for the day...my son was doing his grammar assignment when he asked for help...In his book there was a picture of 3 shirts with an iron next to it and he had to write a sentence using a past form of a verb to describe the picture. My son said, "Mom, I have no idea what that thing is!" :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Yes!!! It is true!!! I don't use an iron!! I buy knit clothes or blue jeans so I don't have to iron anything! When my son was first born, my dh would use an iron but now his work is very casual (jeans and knit polos) so we have never pulled that thing out!! I just had to laugh at myself...boy, I remember my mother spending hours ironing everything from shirts to pillow cases....not this mamma!! My how time's have changed! :)

Tara

WEIGH TO GO TARA!!!!!!!!! :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

I can't believe you lost so much so quickly. Make sure you're not starving yourself. I can't wait to celebrate the 170's with you, which I know will be next week :goodvibes

Funny as hell about the iron :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: I'm the same way though, hardly ever use it. My DH is the same way with work clothes and if he needs something ironed, he does it. It wasn't in my "job" description ;)

Yes, times are changing. I remember my grandma always had plenty of ironing. There are some things that I still iron, but it's not much. Great job on getting so close to a new clippie. ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo

WAHOO!!!!

179.0!!!

:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Ba-da-bop-dop-baaaaaa I'm Loving it!!! :)

Tara

Can you say it any louder? ;) Congrats on getting to the 170's! ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo

I'm at 178.5 this week...so from last weigh in on Thursday I've lost 1.5 pounds...I really am glad to see this since this week has had chocolate chip cookies (TWICE!), brownies, apple pie and ice cream and Cheeseburgers!! UGH!!! But I did walk 16 miles this week and swam laps at the Y and did cardio pilates...I just think of how much I could have lost if I hadn't indulged sooo much in that junk! :) But, I'm resetting my losing mind clock and know that I need to lose 6.5 pounds in the next 3 weeks to keep up with my 150's goal by July 4th...

It will be tough...we're moving next Thursday!!! Aagh! And I won't have a fridge for 4-5 days in our new house so it's hard to eat right without a fridge....any tips?

Off to drink a slimfast and get back on plan.

Tara

Congrats on the loss! :banana: Keep this up and you will make your goal in no time.

Get a cooler and "camp out" in the new house. Buy just enough ice to put in the bottom and keep things at a proper temperature. And since you don't have the same amount of room as you do in a fridge, buy only the essentials. Milk, eggs, fruits and veggies. You can buy meat daily at the store if need be. Use small storage containers to put your fruits and veggies in so that they don't get wet when the ice melts. Look at it this way, you will have to really portion control the meals since you don't have a place to store leftovers and with limited room a well stocked cooler will keep you on plan.

Good luck on the move! ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo

WEIGH TO GO TARA!!!! Those pounds are dropping off you now :cool1:

Lesli has the right idea about the cooler. There are plenty of other snacks that don't need to be refrigerated. Have fun with that move ;)

GREAT idea Lesli! Thanks Tera for the cheer...I'll have to buy a cooler, those mozzarella sticks and summer sausage oughta come in handy while low carbing the next few days! :)

Well...whew...I can't believe how this is really going to happen...I've arranged movers/trucks/changed utilities/moved phone service/obtained new car/home insurance/consulted with an attorney on dog's lawsuit/must find a notary public/file documents with Circuit Court/mail defendant's a response and request for admissions and discovery/have a garage sale tomorrow/clean out refrigerator to sell/open up an AL banking account/transfer all auto withdrawals to new account/ordered new cell phones/taught some homeschool/had a showing/arranged for busted glass on new door frame to be replaced/pack up the rest of the house/transfer funds for closing/change oil-filter in my car/clean out my car so I won't be embarrassed..okay, that's where I'm just going to have to be embarrassed..I just don't have the time to clean out the car...that junk will hold...oh forgot...pick out paint colors for the kids new rooms (must paint before they move their bedroom furniture because builders use that non washable finish paint...must be able to wash their walls! :))

Trying to prioritize in all this..so due to my cumbersome schedule...I think exercise may be on hold this week...will have to do low carb to counter and stay good with my weight loss...plus one week of low carb may be just the ticket to whoosh me to my 65 pound clippie...that's worth it!! :) I wanted to start May in the 175 range...it can be done..I probably won't get to weigh until next Friday and with all the to do's I'm gonna be sacked.

Will check in probably next week! :)

Tara

Have fun moving and we will see you when you get a chance to post again. ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo

I'm BAaaack!!!

Let me catch you up....

Moved to Huntsville, Alabama on April 28th...great weather....2nd day here my 7 year old dd fell and put a hole in her forehead...nice first visit to emergency room for stitches...next weekend dh had to leave town for 10 days for business....isn't that why we moved to be with him??? :) That weekend (Mother's Day weekend) my 6 year old dd became very ill...of course on the weekend no pediatricians work except at ER...I refused to go to ER 2x in 10 days UGH! But I did find an urgent care clinic and they took x-rays and said she had pneumonia!! AAGH! She's much better now...dh brought last load of boxes from our home in TN and I'm trying my hardest to get back on track with eating while trying to organize our home here...

So I'm writing to AVOID the brownies I made last night...I always sabotage myself the day before I know I'm going on plan again. But I will NOT EAT ONE!!! I had 4 yesterday and I've gained 5 pounds in 3 weeks with all the fast food (no fridge for the first week so had lots of take out...yes, I know they have salads but just too hard to eat while unpacking a box with the other hand...so cheeseburgers it was! ICK!)

I did walk 4 miles this morning and it was GREAT!!! Got loads to do...got to flatten boxes and put all packing paper in garbage bags for pickup...have about 25 more boxes to go through...and they're not little ones...they're those large Uhaul boxes...so it takes me a good 20 minutes to clear out each one...UGH! ONWARDS...I may miss my 4th of July goal with this 3 week setback but I will be at GOAL by my birthday for sure (September 13)

YEAH!!! I'm BACK and feeling the WISH vibes helping me through this!
Tara

Hey Tara - Congratulations on the move. I know all too well how it is to pick up and move to another state. I know it's got to be tough for you to try and say OP, but don't worry about it. You'll get things settle in at home and then get back on the program. I won't be hitting my goal either thanks to our Disney cruise, but I'm not worried about it. I got back on the program yesterday and I know I will continue to lose, and so will you.

Well, I'm at 181 today...so I've lost 2 pounds of the 5 I gained!! Ugh..did I just say ugh? No I meant HURRAH!!!! And even better news is that TOM started today so I may not be so far from my lowest of 178.5 anyhow! :) I'm hoping to finish this month off at 175...then I'll spend most of June trying to kick myself down to the 160's then to 150's!!! :)

Let's get this done ONCE AND FOR ALL! :)
Tara

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter