Grand Floridian: Indoor Dining Alternatives

MamaJJ2018

Mouseketeer
My family of 4 has a trip planned for June and are staying at GF. In general, we take a lot of covid precautions. Have not dined at a restaurant indoors since March 2020... We are very hopeful that we will be comfortable with indoor dining by June but if not, are there good easy alternative options at Grand Floridian? Is room service operational right now?

I know I can get groceries delivered but would love to not have to do most of our meals that way... honestly I would probably just push the trip back to when it could feel like a real vacation or explore offsite rentals

thanks!

You could utilize the QS restaurant at GF - Gasparilla's - do take-out and then either eat your food outside or in your room. I believe the pool bars are also open with a selection of items. You could also walk over to Poly to pick up food at their QS. The QS places will have hot and cold selections along with grab-and-go items. I believe the pool bars typically have sandwiches and salads. I find the QS at GF and Poly to be rather good though the menus right now may be a bit limited. Unfortunately, I believe the only resort that currently has room service is YC/BCV, but this could change in the coming months.

Unfortunately, I believe the only resort that currently has room service is YC/BCV, but this could change in the coming months.

FYI, GF does have room service. Of the NBA resorts, GF and YC (and by association BCV) opened with private dining (room service), CSR/GDT did not. And you’re correct in that no other resorts have room service at the moment.

OP, when we were at GF in October we did most of our meals via Gasparilla Island mobile order, did a couple with room service (make sure to build in extra time, it was a little slow) and also went over to Poly twice. I’m a fan of doing Kona Cafe To Go, particularly for breakfast. Captain Cook’s is ok, but I like Kona better and the To Go option basically makes it a more expensive quick service. A bit of a hike there/back for breakfast, but it’s a very nice morning walk.

I actually think Disney has done a great job adapting to mobile/to go ordering and with each trip since reopening I’m more impressed with the to go packaging, attention to condiments/napkins/things you need to eat, etc.

FYI, GF does have room service. Of the NBA resorts, GF and YC (and by association BCV) opened with private dining (room service), CSR/GDT did not. And you’re correct in that no other resorts have room service at the moment.

OP, when we were at GF in October we did most of our meals via Gasparilla Island mobile order, did a couple with room service (make sure to build in extra time, it was a little slow) and also went over to Poly twice. I’m a fan of doing Kona Cafe To Go, particularly for breakfast. Captain Cook’s is ok, but I like Kona better and the To Go option basically makes it a more expensive quick service. A bit of a hike there/back for breakfast, but it’s a very nice morning walk.

I actually think Disney has done a great job adapting to mobile/to go ordering and with each trip since reopening I’m more impressed with the to go packaging, attention to condiments/napkins/things you need to eat, etc.
Thanks for the info! Do you know if Kona is definitely staying open throughout the Poly renovations?

Thanks for the info! Do you know if Kona is definitely staying open throughout the Poly renovations?

While anything is possible I guess, for now Disney hasn’t indicated Kona will be a part of any upcoming Poly work.

Any idea how easy it is to request a seat on the outdoor terrace? Is there a way to do this online when making the reservation?
If I remember right, I do not think there is an option for special seating on the online site. I would see if you could call them to make the reservation for the Terrace.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter