• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Grocery shopping during Coronavirus?

Bacon wrapped asparagus...
Caprese salad skewers...
Deviled eggs...
Fruit salad skewers...
Cold fruit soup shooters...
Veggie egg rolls...
Fried ravioli with dipping sauce...
Mini quiche bites...

(I saw you had a lot of meat focused options, so I thought you might appreciate some non-meat ideas:)...

These are really good suggestions... Thanks so much

Can you give me your recipe on the bacon wrapped asparagus... I have tried a couple of times with no success in making them... DH and I love bacon wrapped anything... LOL

The fried ravioli, is something that we would really like... I am going to use the air fryer...

I make deviled eggs all the time, DH loves them...

I am planning on DH grilling a pork loin, and I think that I will make some fruit skewers for him to grill as well... canned - peaches halves, pineapple chunks, and pears halves work great for this... make sure to rinse well, a pat dry, so that they will stay on the skewer... I like to use the canned fruit, as it grills up very quickly, and really makes canned fruit shine...

Thanks again...

These are really good suggestions... Thanks so much

Can you give me your recipe on the bacon wrapped asparagus... I have tried a couple of times with no success in making them... DH and I love bacon wrapped anything... LOL

The fried ravioli, is something that we would really like... I am going to use the air fryer...

I make deviled eggs all the time, DH loves them...

I am planning on DH grilling a pork loin, and I think that I will make some fruit skewers for him to grill as well... canned - peaches halves, pineapple chunks, and pears halves work great for this... make sure to rinse well, a pat dry, so that they will stay on the skewer... I like to use the canned fruit, as it grills up very quickly, and really makes canned fruit shine...

Thanks again...

I don't use recipes, but I find the trick to bacon wrapped asparagus is to parcook the bacon...so however long you normally cook bacon and how, go about half the time and then take it out and cool (it does still need to be wrappable, so don't go too long)...and then wrap the asparagus, add s&p, and roast according to most roasted asparagus recipes:)...this way, both items are done at the same time, and you don't get either blackened asparagus or uncooked bacon:)...

PS - My mom and I used to differ wildly on our bacon preference (she liked it almost black and crunchy...and I like it just went it gets to the crunch stage, but can still have a bit of chew), so that's why I adapted on how to cook the bacon...if I made this for her, I'd leave some bacon in longer in the parcook, and then we'd have what we both liked later:)...

Man, it's sad that a good day is when you win the Amazon Fresh sweepstakes and snag a delivery spot unexpectedly at 9:32pm tonight for 10am tomorrow.
And that a great day is when Amazon Fresh lets you order any ground beef and chicken (80% and skin on/bone in thigh, but I'll take it).
Now, to get a truly outstanding day tomorrow, I'll see if they deliver any of that meat (and a 1 lb of bacon and some lunch meat)...but I'd really like the chicken and ground beef the most!:)...

This almost feels like ADR stalking...

Last edited:
For those using walmart pickup, what's the earliest time slot you've gotten? We used them twice, once a 11-12 slot and once a 2-3 pm slot. I stayed up to midnight hoping to get a earlier slot. I'm assumining they would start at 8 or 9 am. Click it right at midnight. 11-12 am slot. Was there a lot of people with the same idea????

Well, dumb me, if I had googled a little better, I would have found out my walmart pickup hours start at 11 am. At least I have no place to go tomorrow, I can sleep in.

Last edited:

Man, it's sad that a good day is when you win the Amazon Fresh sweepstakes and snag a delivery spot unexpectedly at 9:32pm tonight for 10am tomorrow.
And that a great day is when Amazon Fresh lets you order any ground beef and chicken (80% and skin on/bone in thigh, but I'll take it).
Now, to get a truly outstanding day tomorrow, I'll see if they deliver any of that meat (and a 1 lb of bacon and some lunch meat)...but I'd really like the chicken and ground beef the most!:)...

This almost feels like ADR stalking...

And of course, I recheck the order I threw in within 5 minutes...and forgot bananas...ah well, it wouldn't be a stay home experience without always not having something you need:)...

Yesterday I couldn’t find a single store with an open pickup time. New ones are released daily so today I snagged one for April 1st (the first available) and I’ll add to my order between now & the night before.

I picked up this order yesterday and snagged another pick up slot for April 8. So now I’ll start slowly building that order over the next week, Although honestly I may be able to cancel it. I was pleased with how much of my April 1 order was present. They gave me all the meat, produce, butter cheese, & coffee that I requested. They were out of instant yeast and substituted my bread flour for a different brand. They were also out of chocolate nesquick powder, baking soda and toilet paper.

2 items not delivered (and one was eggs)...sigh...so I almost will need another small order for bananas and eggs...but it's not worth me stalking yet...

I did get the ground beef and chicken, so I'll declare it a win:)...

I am sorry so many of you are struggling. My Walmart pickup orders have been 90% filled the last two weeks. I also ran into Aldi's on Saturday and they were fully stocked on everything.

Hi all...

I was up really early this morning and here's how my shopping went... I shop every 2 weeks...

First in line at Publix this morning, this is the second time I was the first one in the store, armed with trusty list... and off I went...

I did get toilet paper, and paper towels... Score!!!! ... no napkins, I still have enough to get by with for a few more days...

I did manged to get eggs (18pk), and bread, and sliced cheese, and sour cream - and steaks... Woo Hoo... tomorrow night is steak and tato night...

I did get excited to see Dean's Ranch dip which is a consider a staple at our house.. I picked up 2 containers which is normally how many I buy, they were the last 2 in the case, I saw this young guys face just fall, I said you want one of these, he was like yes please... he was like your really going to give me one of them, I was like sure... He was so sweet, omg your so nice, thanks so much... I was like just pay it forward...

The only thing that I did not get that was on my list for Publix was ibuprofen... this was something that I have had on my list for a while... and really need it...

Then on to Aldi , pretty much I was just going for produce and a couple other items, which I did get everything on my list... even potatoes which was really good considering I was completely out...and really haven't seen any potatoes in the last 2 weeks anywhere...

I thought about heading to Wal-mart to look for Ibuprofen, and a couple of other things... and drove by there, and the police where there, and the parking lot was just packed...so I wasn't going back out to deal with all that...

DH is so wonderful... I told him I did not get the ibuprofen, so while he was out and between clients, he stopped and found some... YAY ...

So our house is stocked up, for the next 2 weeks...

Hi all...

... no napkins, I still have enough to get by with for a few more days...
Amazon had paper napkins today -- limit of 3 packages per order. That was the first time I've been able to get napkins (regular, not fancy dinner napkins or weird packages) in at least two weeks.

After doing a couple of Whole Foods order. I went to Aldi and got an order today...NO paper we have that or meat,tons in the freezer mostly ordered diary,fruit,etc....happy with the service!! and the freshness and the prices!!! We are in our 70's..healthy but staying in the house and yard..over 5 wks now....

DH reported that today was the first day in a while that things looked better. Sprouts was fairly normal -- other than a noticeable lack of paper goods and cleaning supplies, other items were pretty well stocked compared to the last two weeks. Produce was well stocked. Dairy was much improved, except for butter. Eggs were improved. Meat was good. There was bread. If this continues, I'll start using Instacart for Sprouts to save DH some wear and tear.

Amazon had paper napkins today -- limit of 3 packages per order. That was the first time I've been able to get napkins (regular, not fancy dinner napkins or weird packages) in at least two weeks.

I have a napkin box, that I throw extra paper napkins in from the different holidays, or celebrations... so we have been using them up... Christmas napkins are what we are using right now...big ole smile... :rotfl2: :thumbsup2 ::yes:: pixiedust:

DH reported that today was the first day in a while that things looked better. Sprouts was fairly normal -- other than a noticeable lack of paper goods and cleaning supplies, other items were pretty well stocked compared to the last two weeks. Produce was well stocked. Dairy was much improved, except for butter. Eggs were improved. Meat was good. There was bread. If this continues, I'll start using Instacart for Sprouts to save DH some wear and tear.
I mainly only shop at Trader Joe’s and other than right around the 15th of March when people went a little crazy, they’ve been pretty much fully stocked the last 3 weekends. They were out of one thing I wanted yesterday, but it was junk food so I’m not going to complain. I will also say TJs has been the most organized of stores in our area with taped waiting lines and limits on people In the store etc.

I mainly only shop at Trader Joe’s and other than right around the 15th of March when people went a little crazy, they’ve been pretty much fully stocked the last 3 weekends. They were out of one thing I wanted yesterday, but it was junk food so I’m not going to complain. I will also say TJs has been the most organized of stores in our area with taped waiting lines and limits on people In the store etc.
Our TJ's must be the exception. They get stocked every morning and by noon or a little after, the shelves are close to bare. DH gave up on going there. The idea of waiting in line for over half an hour, just to find empty shelves was too frustrating. I suggested waiting a few weeks, then calling to see if things had improved. Judging by the situation at Sprouts, I would hope that things at our TJ's will be better after Easter.

Our TJ's must be the exception. They get stocked every morning and by noon or a little after, the shelves are close to bare. DH gave up on going there. The idea of waiting in line for over half an hour, just to find empty shelves was too frustrating. I suggested waiting a few weeks, then calling to see if things had improved. Judging by the situation at Sprouts, I would hope that things at our TJ's will be better after Easter.
I have 4 TJs within 5 miles of my house so I’m sure that’s making a difference. I’m also going in in the morning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter