Hallmark Movies ❤️ comfort & joy

There's a hallmark movie I think on Sunday night on Mysteries, that's going to be a tearjerker, ugly cry type movie
I saw a commercial for that today, NOPE NOPE NOPE! I don't watch those movies to cry like that. And I can't separate that actress from her dreadful character on Riverdale.

Ok...I think i need to do this. LOL

I powered through the 4 new movies from the weekend yesterday and this morning. 🤦‍♀️ Loved Jingle Bell Bride and Deliver by Christmas(really liked this one). Chateau Christmas was alright but I didn't care for Christmas Tree Lane because I don't really like the lead...she kinda annoys me. :confused3
Omg, I feel the same way about her. I don’t know why, there’s just something about her that turns me off to the point I won’t even watch, despite Andrew Walker who I love...

Omg, I feel the same way about her. I don’t know why, there’s just something about her that turns me off to the point I won’t even watch, despite Andrew Walker who I love...
Is it Alicia Witt? If it's her most stuff I don't like with her though there a few..A Very Merry Mix Up (2013) and I'm Not Ready For Christmas (2015) look like the ones I rated high enough with all the other ones (though I haven't seen yet A Snow Globe Christmas (2013) or last year's Our Christmas Love Song yet) rated lower for me--I keep track of my ratings on IMDB so I just looked them up real quick.

Seems I enjoy her older stuff more than her newer stuff. I agree there is just something about her, most of her roles she seems to fall flat in them IMO.

Is it Alicia Witt? If it's her most stuff I don't like with her though there a few..A Very Merry Mix Up (2013) and I'm Not Ready For Christmas (2015) look like the ones I rated high enough with all the other ones (though I haven't seen yet A Snow Globe Christmas (2013) or last year's Our Christmas Love Song yet) rated lower for me--I keep track of my ratings on IMDB so I just looked them up real quick.

Seems I enjoy her older stuff more than her newer stuff. I agree there is just something about her, most of her roles she seems to fall flat in them IMO.
I like Alicia Witt, much more than Candace Cameron-Bure. Snow Globe Christmas and A Very Merry Mix Up I liked, I haven't seen Our Christmas Love Song.

I also like Lacey Chabert, but I'm getting a little tired of her "poor little me" roles. The ones where she just seems to not know what to do.

I like Alicia Witt, much more than Candace Cameron-Bure. Snow Globe Christmas and A Very Merry Mix Up I liked, I haven't seen Our Christmas Love Song.

I also like Lacey Chabert, but I'm getting a little tired of her "poor little me" roles. The ones where she just seems to not know what to do.

I can't stand Candace Cameron or her brother.

I usually only watch the ones of the Hallmark channels, but I think this is the year to add in Hallmark Movies and Mysteries
The movie and mysteries ones are good, those usually end up being the tear jerker ones.

I usually only watch the ones of the Hallmark channels, but I think this is the year to add in Hallmark Movies and Mysteries

You have to watch beyond Hallmark. You start to see the same plotline over and over again on Hallmark. There's usually one or two good ones each year. It's really about the actors. Then, I rewatch the one or two good ones from prior years. They add up. Check out Rooftop Christmas.

I think with Candace Cameron-Bure she plays the very overly sweet person and after a while it's like 'eh'. But I actually really like her in Aurora Teagarden Mysteries just wish she was a bit more varied with her Christmas specials.

Lacey Chabert--I do like her but I know what you mean on that. I liked her in the first All of My Heart but didn't really like at all the 2 sequels. I like her enough in Crossword Mysteries mostly but most of her movies are sorta blending together. I did like surprisingly enough Christmas in Rome.

I think with Candace Cameron-Bure she plays the very overly sweet person and after a while it's like 'eh'. But I actually really like her in Aurora Teagarden Mysteries just wish she was a bit more varied with her Christmas specials.

Lacey Chabert--I do like her but I know what you mean on that. I liked her in the first All of My Heart but didn't really like at all the 2 sequels. I like her enough in Crossword Mysteries mostly but most of her movies are sorta blending together. I did like surprisingly enough Christmas in Rome.
Well, besides Lacey Chabert, I liked it because I've been to Rome. That's another reason I watched the one where she went to Belgium (Valentine's movie) - I'd been to Bruges. I was mostly watching the backgrounds.

What a fun thread! I agree with a lot of you. Not really a huge fan of Alicia Witt or Candace Cameron Bure. My favorites are the older ones.. Fallen Angel with Gary Sinise, Christmas Card, It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year with Henry Winkler, Angel's Sing with Harry Connick Jr., and the very first Hallmark movie that ever sucked me in... Mrs. Miracle (the one with the Dawson's Creek guy 😂). I have a lot of others that I enjoy but those are at the top of my list and required purchasing so I can watch them as much as I please. There was one about a girl that needed a kidney transplant too that I loved though I can't remember the name of it.

Well, besides Lacey Chabert, I liked it because I've been to Rome. That's another reason I watched the one where she went to Belgium (Valentine's movie) - I'd been to Bruges. I was mostly watching the backgrounds.
Makes sense :) The location can really enhance a movie and it can make you give a pass to the plot or the actors if they just aren't working out.

I've done that with a few movies for sure.

Is it Alicia Witt? If it's her most stuff I don't like with her though there a few..A Very Merry Mix Up (2013)

Alicia Witt and Andrew Walker are not a pairing I would have done. :crazy2: Just because Hallmark can put 2 stars together doesn't mean they SHOULD. :p I like Andrew Walker.

Alicia tends to be goofy in her roles. Hallmark was good for a couple years at finding better finding movies for her. I really liked, A Very Merry Mix Up. It's the one where she gets engaged and has to go early to her fiance's home, only to find out it the wrong family - they aren't her fiance's family. She seems kind of goofy enough, with that voice, that she'd do that.

Then there's the one where she makes a Christmas bucket list of things to do. Again, it was fun & goofy. Everyone thinks it's a bucket list because she's dying. She keeps asking them why do they all think it's that kind of list? :rolleyes: I don't know, maybe because when you sound like you do, people wouldn't think you'd veer from the "regular" type of bucket list.

I haven't seen Our Christmas Love Song.

The guy in that was worth watching. He's new and he was cute. I don't think he will be back this year. I think he's able to get cast in better stuff.

That's how I felt about the dollywood movie, part of it was realistic but the other part was so fake. Pigeon forge streets itself aren't even like that...and snow in tennessee?? what's that!? :rotfl2::rotfl:

Dollywood is in the Great Smokey Mountains and it does snow there, my in-laws lived in Knoxville and they got snow too!

We watched the new movies this weekend, we record them, only watched a little of Jingle Bell Bride, it just didn't appeal to us. My husband's favorite is Alicia Witt, he has a thing for redheads! He's not big on reruns but he will watch the new ones. I have my favorites, some I watch every year, some every other year. I watched the end of Bramble House, I also like the one with Alicia Witt where she goes to the wrong house. I even watch the Christmas in July movies. I don't mind Candance, didn't even finish the one where she's twins though. When we stared watching Christmas Tree Lane my husband laughed and said haven't we seen this movie before? There are probably 4 plots and they just use different places and actors, but I still watch them. :santa:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter