Hartford to Orlando. Whats a good price?

markm0926

Cast Member
Want to fly down on May 18th 2003 and return on May 25th. What should I consider a good price per person ?
Also, do I have to buy a ticket for a 2 and 1/2 year old?
Thanks in advance!!!!

The best price I have ever gotten has been on Delta Express for $185. The most I have paid is $270.
Southwest sometimes has deals but they are limited and I've never been able to find one cheaper than Delta. You probably need to plan further in advance to get their cheapest fares.

The best deal I got was Southwest for $75 RT. (Dec 2001) Here's my history:
Feb 1999 - $170 USAIR
Feb 2000 - $150 USAIR
Feb 2001 - $120 - USAIR
Dec 2001 - $75 SWA
Mar 2002 - $102 SWA
Nov 2002 - $134 SWA
Feb 2003 - $146 SWA

Personally I wouldn't pay more than $175, but you may need to be flexible on your dates. Sign up for a travelocity fare watcher and SWA e-mail newsletter and wait for a special. I think if a child is over 2 they need a ticket.

I'd be happy with anything under $200 especially if it's non-stop!

I believe it's children under 2 years old that are free.

We've gotten fares as low as $150rt Albany to Orlando (on SWA), but I haven't seen that in a year or so. You're getting into the Memorial Day weekend with a May 25 flight so that might raise the rates. Good luck.

Last year we paid 150.00 per person. I think I booked it in Jan. I have been watching Delta and it is very slowly coming down in price. If your child does not require a seat they will not need a ticket.

I too have been watching the flights from BDL, for about 6 months now. We are going either May 8th or 9th (I'm trying to be flexible) and coming back the 17th. I am trying to be more flexible in either flying from BDL or Islip. The fares for Delta have gone up in the past week, which scares me a little, but I'm holding out hope that tomorrow will be a good fare day on Southwest. I check everyday, a couple of times a day, and only want direct flights as we will also be traveling with small children (4 and 15 months). We will be buying a seat for the 15 month old, and I think thru Delta at least, I can get a reduced rate ticket for him. I know that Southwest also had infant fares, but they seem higher than the internet fares, and I haven't gotten around to investigating it further. Right now, Delta has stayed pretty constant at $250 pp, and it just went up to $266.50. I think it was just as expensive for Southwest as well. The planes are also listed as 737s, and I thought most were changing to 757s. I'm keeping my fingers crossed in the next few weeks as we're going to have to decide soon.

The lowest we've paid is $166 RT (and got bumped to first on one leg!). The most we've paid in 15 years is about $295 RT. We usually pay somewhere in the $230 to $259 range RT per person. Always on Delta. Yes you will need to purchase a ticket for a child 2 and over (and you'll appreciate it!).

Have a great trip!

I have yet to pay over 135.00 per ticket.
I generally fly SWA or Delta.
SWA's sales come out on Tuesday.
Children over two need to pay for seats on most airlines. They check Birth Certs on most airlines.
You might also want to check flights to Tampa. Only about an hour to hour and 15 to WDW.

Gail H., $135!! How do you do it? Are you not flying during school vacation weeks? Is that RT? WOW! I'm letting you do my air from now on.

(Or does that $135 qualify you as cargo...LOL!);)

check the prices midweek to midweek, They must be lower right now for May 6-May 13 it is 216.00. That is a tues/tues. It is early in the am lvg bdl and leaving mco at 1i40

I've been looking for the same timeframe. I had been lucky in the past with Southwest for as low as $75 RT in Dec 2001, $105 RT in Jan/Feb 2002, $150 Nov 2002. The rates for May 2003 were going to cost us $986 for 4. I just finished booking Jet Blue from JFK to MCO for $760. (Delta was $1002 from BDL). My parents will drive us to JFK instead of driving ourselves and parking at BDL but that will be another $40 or so savings for the parking. I generally try to stay under $200, but we've been spoiled by the great rates we got last year (FYI they were purchased before 9/11 happened). I've never flown JetBlue before but posted a question on this boards and have received all favorable replies, and the TVs will help to occupy my kids, ages 3 and 6.

Gail H., $135!! How do you do it? Are you not flying during school vacation weeks? Is that RT? WOW! I'm letting you do my air from now on.

I never fly during school vacations, are you nuts? LOL. Yes, it is round trip. And.... (she says with a lot of egg on her face), I was wrong about the airfare. I paid 333.00 rt for this trip. Which comes out to 166.50 per person. The base fare was 130. rt, I forgot about those pesky taxes and fees. Sorry about that. We have one stop on the way down but, non stop on the way back.
Had I kept my direct flights to Tampa it would have been 154.00 per person, total. But, the car rental would have cost way more than in Orlando. Sept. cost me 110.50 per person r/t. I just watch the specials from SWA. and grab them when they are good.
Sorry for the miscalculation. I have been working WAY too hard. LOL.

In sept 7-9 2001 i paid $99 from bdl-mco, nonstop on delta. i am waiting for it to at least go under 200 for nonstop. seems like it will never happen. i'm very picky when it comes to the times. has to be early morning flight out and late afternoon coming back.
BTW delta is the only nonstop out of bdl or pvd.

BTW delta is the only nonstop out of bdl or pvd.

I am sorry, but that is incorrect. SWA also has non stops out of PVD and BDL to both MCO and TPA.

Like you, I am one for morning out and late afternoon back and SWA fits that bill nicely.

jaccceee

When I lived in Ledyard, I always wished the flew out of Groton non stop. :)

As an FYI, Southwest only advertises its fares on their website.
www.southwestair. com you can sign up for their weekly fares and they will notify you of upcoming sales and "featured" destinations. I find their fares to be lower than Delta's.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter