Has anyone ever asked for something extra...

JanetRose

...what was the meaning of the big white glove?
I asked our room attendant for a 'do not disturb' sign (for our memory book) and he told us that he would have to ask his supervisor first.

We did have one left on our bed that evening.

Honestly, no, I wouldn't ask for something like that. There are a limited number of things that people are permitted to take from hotel/cruise rooms as free souvenirs. Basically, anything "consumable" that is designed to be used up by the guest and not reused by the next guest, so in general, the chocolates left on the bed each night, room service breakfast menus and other stationary/postcards/pens in the drawer, and any individually wrapped soaps/body lotions etc. (although on the latter they are not really available any more as more and more hotels and cruise lines including disney have been moving toward large reusable dispensers). Items that stay behind are those that can be reused by future guests like towels, drink glasses, closet hangers etc. For do not disturb signs, I can see how it might be seen as a kind of stationary, but on balance I think those are meant to be reused and I doubt disney has a big enough surplus stock to easily replenish them.

I guess it's different from the resorts...we stayed at the Disneyland Resort last year and I mentioned how much we liked the lotions; the housekeeper gave us lots of lotion bottles; I asked her if she could get in trouble and she replied no.

I guess it's different from the resorts...we stayed at the Disneyland Resort last year and I mentioned how much we liked the lotions; the housekeeper gave us lots of lotion bottles; I asked her if she could get in trouble and she replied no.
Were those small, personal size bottles? The cruise has gone to large, refillable dispensers.

But, no, I don’t ask for things to bring home. I have been known to hand back items won in contests.

A photo is my favorite memory - other than just the memory itself.

Depending on what you request, it may come with a cost. Stateroom hosts do an inventory and missing items such as laundry bags, decorative pillows, bed swags, etc. will result in a charge to your credit card after the cruise. DCL had such a problem with things going missing from the Dream maiden voyage and shortly after, that some items are actually for sale in the gift shop (the red pillow, the AP butter knife, etc.).

Shortages on cruise ships happen all the time. In just my department I've had a mickey locks shortage, MANY craft item shortages, Pluto's pillow cases, tape, vibe/edge stickers and so on and so forth. I always liked to check our stock of things before I gave stuff away or confirm with my leadership that a shipment was coming soon.

I’ve never asked, but one cruise my daughter spent too much time in the water at Castaway Cay. She resembled a lobster.🦞

That evening our stateroom host delivered several tubes of an aloe after sun lotion. She was a life saver!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter