Has FastPass+ Made Smugglers Run a zoo?

Right? What am I missing about late February that is driving these crowds? I fully expect Spring Break to be crazy, but the middle of winter when everyone's in school?
But it’s not just some random week. It’s Presidents Day week and many people (And kids) had Monday off, which means a week of Vacation using just 4 vacation days. And some East Coast districts do a 1 week break in February, often this week. The district I went to as a child in New York is off this week.

But it’s not just some random week. It’s Presidents Day week and many people (And kids) had Monday off, which means a week of Vacation using just 4 vacation days. And some East Coast districts do a 1 week break in February, often this week. The district I went to as a child in New York is off this week.
That would explain a lot. I didn't realize any schools were out at this time of year.

160 minute wait times posted the first day of FP+ at 9:40 AM! I’m curious as to people’s real world Post-FP experiences!
My friend was there on Tuesday and got in the standby line with a 2 hour wait time posted ... but it only took about an hour. This was shortly after the park opened - maybe 8:30 ...

My friend was there on Tuesday and got in the standby line with a 2 hour wait time posted ... but it only took about an hour. This was shortly after the park opened - maybe 8:30 ...
That first hour of park operations they just don't know how long the queue actually is so they open with a set time

Also British schools have been off this week as well for half term.

I was there yesterday and what surprised me the most was the amount of south american families, and then I checked and it's Carnaval, most south american countries take the whole week off for that
I think it's the perfect storm of events, President week, Princess Half weekend, Carnaval and people who didn't come in Christmas thinking it would be better this week

I guess this is when a touring plans sub can pay off - they had 10/10 crowds predicted for almost the entire week. Pretty much bang on.

I was there yesterday and what surprised me the most was the amount of south american families, and then I checked and it's Carnaval, most south american countries take the whole week off for that
I think it's the perfect storm of events, President week, Princess Half weekend, Carnaval and people who didn't come in Christmas thinking it would be better this week
....and the strange thing is, my DS is a CM at Jock Lindsey's Hangar Bar at DS, and he's said it's been really slow, although, for President's Day, business picked up a bit....go figure.

That would explain a lot. I didn't realize any schools were out at this time of year.
A good chunk of the northeast is off this week, and it's cold up here. So we all flee to warmer climates.

We're also off again in April. (which is why I always hate those spring break polls, WE HAVE TWO)

starting to think I made a mistake picking SDD over SR in April.
I think you’re still better off with FP for SDD. That entire queue is outside in the blazing sun. I’d rather wait in the indoor, air conditioned, visually interesting SR queue any day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter