Hawai’i 10 Night Cruise to Vancouver

I was looking so much to meeting all of you on this thread. We have been talking for so long. My husband says Hawaii will always be there but I just realized it was our posts here that made me more excited.

Thank you so much WDWEPCOT for all your organization skills on our thread. Much appreciated, I can’t even copy and post or share links....lol Sorry about your trip , I too was still hoping we could do our other plans but they too are not happening because of my husbands job.

We had a cruise at the set for the end of August for Alaska not sure that one is going to happen either.

I hope this virus goes away soon and things can go back to normal. Feel really bad for the families that are affected by this and who have lost love ones. Stay safe, listen to the doctors . Wash your hands often.

Ours tshirts arrived a bit before this mess. We were happy to see them then. Now it will be strange if we ever wear them. They'll be Disney nostalgia on cruises in a couple years.

"Oh, I remember when that was cancelled. Weren't we all so sad?" :)

I rented points for Aulani no refund there my travel ins does not cover pandemics
I assume I will be able to get vouchers on my airfare but doubt I will be able to use them so I’ll be out that money again travel ins won’t cover that either - even if I move this I’m still out the rented points
I know it sounds selfish but I’m not made of money and I’m really upset I can deal with losing the cruise as long as I could go to Aulani now I get nothing ! know I need to take in the big picture and I will it’s just going to take me a bit to get there - I have to go cry right now I’m a bit frustrated and just worn out! Overwhelmed would be more line it. I’ll be better in a little bit. It’s just not good for anyone and I need to get perspective - it would be worse if one of my loved ones died so I need to suck it up!!! I will after I cry !

You're allowed those feelings. We scrimp and save, all in the name of a fabulous cruise but then don't get it.

Anyone know whether Disney would automatically refund any prepurchased items (like flowers for Mother's day) or will I have to call?

They will/should automatically refund prepurchased extras when you cancel. You can confirm when you actually have to call in (or have your TA call) to choose one of the cancellation options.

I’ve got several items prepaid - since it’s a different number I wonder if you have to call them?

I rented points for Aulani no refund there my travel ins does not cover pandemics
I assume I will be able to get vouchers on my airfare but doubt I will be able to use them so I’ll be out that money again travel ins won’t cover that either - even if I move this I’m still out the rented points
I know it sounds selfish but I’m not made of money and I’m really upset I can deal with losing the cruise as long as I could go to Aulani now I get nothing ! know I need to take in the big picture and I will it’s just going to take me a bit to get there - I have to go cry right now I’m a bit frustrated and just worn out! Overwhelmed would be more line it. I’ll be better in a little bit. It’s just not good for anyone and I need to get perspective - it would be worse if one of my loved ones died so I need to suck it up!!! I will after I cry !
Me too. 😭

David’s DVC has a temporary policy where you may get a full or partial refund. It is being done on a case by case basis. If you rented from them, anyway.

Sailings Departing from Canada
On Friday, March 13, 2020, the Canadian government announced they will not allow any ship with more than 500 passengers to dock in any Canadian port from now until July 1, at the earliest. The Disney Wonder has sailings that are scheduled to embark and/or debark in Vancouver beginning April 29. Disney Cruise Line is currently evaluating various options and has not made changes to any itineraries. Once a decision is made, Disney Cruise Line will reach out to guests booked on these sailings. Given the higher than normal call volume at the Call Center, Disney Cruise Line asks that guests and travel agents wait to contact us until after they receive an email from us.

On Disney’s website it will allow you to book a cruise out of Vancouver July 2020 forward looks like Disney is planning on doing Alaska for the rest of the season

I posted an update on the first page of our Thread (below) - I will update as I find anything out .... so very sad!!!

It Appears Our Wonderful Cruise that we have so looked forward to and planned for so long may not happen... I have to say I am so sad! I had so looked forward to the cruise and sailing with all my new cruise Peeps! Disney Cruise is currently looking into their options - but with Vancouver Port Closed - Not sure if they could find a distant Foreign Port for this cruise to continue - Even still - Several of us can not go because of Travel restrictions - or will not go because of health concerns.
At this time - I wish you all Health and Safety - I will keep this thread updated until it is all over!!!

Certainly seems like us Canadians cannot take this cruise no matter what. Not allowed the leave the country even if the cruise were to start somewhere else.

Reactions: NAB
How was the trip home?

Yes this is just crazy. My husband still has to go to work , works at the power plant everyone needs electricity. I can stay inside and away from people.

Still holding out for a refund or any word from DCL. Not sure what he cancelled , just know he talked to the Airbnb’s . We had 3 of them planned. Think we will lose on the flights but will have to see. Yeah we are the dumb people with no insurance. Tried to late to get it after we paid in full.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter