Hawai’i 10 Night Cruise to Vancouver

I've officially started cancelling everything for this trip. The mandatory quarantine was the last straw. I cannot safely rely on room service or outside food, so there's no way we can travel, even to Aulani at this point. As much as I love Aulani, being quarantined to our villa would be worse than being quarantined at home.
I'm in the same boat, so to speak. I got word from Alaska that it was time to cancel/change my flights due to the mandatory quarantine, so I did that this morning. They've waived cancel fees and we now have a credit to use before October, which works fine because we'll need it to move our daughter to grad school. (Assuming fall term is still on by then.)

Canceled the non-DCL shore excursions to get refunds from them. Just waiting to hear from DCL that our cruise is canceled.

Is anyone rebooking or just getting a refund? We are thinking of 1/9/21 SWDAS Eastern Caribbean, but if one of us loses our jobs we will cancel and get the money back.

It looks like the third bulletin has an April 30th end date for Hawaii quarantine. We were originally planning to land in Honolulu on the 28th.

I've spent so much time on the Southwest website trying to play guessing games, booking multiple flights with points. Yesterday there were no flights listed to reschedule our existing one from Albany to San Jose near that time. I called SW customer service, and he said I was correct (and not going insane) and there was only one flight a week scheduled at this time. Today I looked and the flights were back up. Called customer service again, and was told that I was correct, the flight were back up. This is as bad as timing the stock market.

We still have lingering hopes for at least two weeks in Hawaii, if nothing else. No one said it would be boring!

https://www.hawaiitourismauthority.org/news/alerts/covid-19-novel-coronavirus/

I am waiting to hear from Dave rental to try and move my Aulani resv to later in the year or early next and then see about moving airfare
I am going to ask for refund unless by some exception they offer a better offer than 125% then I would be booking that 14 night cruise from Dover next year it is so expensive !! $14,800 for verandah 😳 no way I’m paying that !
I am just so very sad 💔😪😪😪

It looks like the third bulletin has an April 30th end date for Hawaii quarantine. We were originally planning to land in Honolulu on the 28th.

I've spent so much time on the Southwest website trying to play guessing games, booking multiple flights with points. Yesterday there were no flights listed to reschedule our existing one from Albany to San Jose near that time. I called SW customer service, and he said I was correct (and not going insane) and there was only one flight a week scheduled at this time. Today I looked and the flights were back up. Called customer service again, and was told that I was correct, the flight were back up. This is as bad as timing the stock market.

We still have lingering hopes for at least two weeks in Hawaii, if nothing else. No one said it would be boring!

https://www.hawaiitourismauthority.org/news/alerts/covid-19-novel-coronavirus/
The date is now May 20th.

Have canceled all non-DCL reservations and now just waiting on Disney since I would prefer to get refund instead of a credit.

Reactions: NAB
We are hoping to take the future cruise credit and use it towards the Iceland and Norway cruise next summer. We love Scandinavia; the inaugural DCL Norway cruise in 2015 was our favourite of all time.

I so wish I could join you but I’m looking to lose about $5,000 in this mess so very doubtful it all depends on the person I rented from the airlines and the people who rented from me! It’s such a nightmare !! No one wins in this

I so wish I could join you but I’m looking to lose about $5,000 in this mess so very doubtful it all depends on the person I rented from the airlines and the people who rented from me! It’s such a nightmare !! No one wins in this
I hear you because we have air flights we can’t use credits for. Heck return home from Vancouver is still a go so not sure what we are doing there. Plus the Hawaii flights hopping to the islands. My husband has pretty well had it with the 2 Airbnb’s. It’s a mess.

I’m so sorry this whole thing is such a mess everyone is getting it in the wallet !! I can’t change anything until I get my refund from DCL then I can start the process of undoing everything - the ahold point rental and renting points is another nightmare I can’t wait to get into !! I’m going to have a very hard time getting DH to take a trip again .,,,it may take a long time so very sad

Celebrity cancelled all sailings into 13 May, and Alaska until 03 July. They are offering 125% future cruise credit or 100% refund. This is the start of many new announcements to come. I suspect we'll hear from most cruise lines by the end of this week. Fingers crossed Disney is one of them.

Did anyone see that the state if Hawaii is banning all leisure travel thru May 20th and if you are currently visiting they would like you to go home as soon as possible ?

I haven't seen anything official yet, but they are trying to get all incoming flights cancelled until 20 May. WestJet just announced their policy for cancellations now extends to the end of May. WestJet dollars are awesome for us, since they are our preferred airline, but not necessarily for people who don't live here or fly to Canada regularly. (They are valid for up to 24 months.)

I contacted Dave’s rental - at this time they will not do anything as Aulani is only closed thru March 31 - they do not care what the state of Hawaii is doing - I do not have the owners info or I would contact her. If Disney does not extend their closure to include what the state of Hawaii is doing I will be forced to contact my credit card company - I will of course give Dave’s another chance - this is so frustrating!
I have a rental with a check in of 4/4 - I contacted Dave’s about them - I’m willing to work with the renter to reschedule or refund - I’m waiting to hear - again considering Disney is only to 3/31 they more than likely won’t address and I will contact the renter as I have Their info
After this I’m done renting out or renting points - I’ve already been looking at resale contracts for Aulani much safer this way - if by some miracle from God I get my rental money back I just may purchase a resale with it - problem solved !!
Just like everyone else I’m waiting for Disney to make their next announcement .,,,ugh

Ugh cancelling hotels and airfare today - very limited on the airfare options must book something by end of April or out the money - ugh !! I guess I’ll just pick a random date and hope for the best must say wait time for Delta 11 mins and super nice !! 😎

We are also so very disappointed and are in the just wait and see mode. We had a reservation for the Westin Grand Hotel post cruise. They have already contacted me and refunded my points to my account! They were proactive, I never contacted them! So a big thumbs up to Marriott.:cheer2:
We don’t know what we will do going forward. We really wanted the Aulani, Hawaii combo. We are crossing our fingers they move our cruise to a later date this summer. We will probably lose our money spent on West Jet as we never fly them except to come home from Vancouver.
I am truly sorry for all of those who are losing so much money. I am also sorry we will be missing a cruise that was to include a great bunch of people.
I hope and pray the very best not only for all of you fellow cruisers but for the world at large in this difficult time. Sending warm wishes to all!

Thank you for such a nice post - so refreshing - I am having a bad day and that put a smile on my face! American Airlines gave me until Oct and I hemmed and hawed and then she gave me until Dec to use my airfare - still doubt I will be able to use it - but we shall see.... I am getting nowhere with Aulani - and I am not going to - Dave's doesn't care as Disney is only closed until 3/31 - regardless of what Hawaii is doing.
I have everything else cancelled that I can - I called DCL to cancel onboard Gifts - I spoke to a very nice Castmember - she was super friendly and helpful- Makes this a bit easier.. but still so very sad... I was so looking forward to the cruise and meeting all of you!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter