• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hawai’i 10 Night Cruise to Vancouver

Hey don’t feel bad - I have ins - not covered do what good is it?? Just waste of my money !!

How was the trip home?

Yes this is just crazy. My husband still has to go to work , works at the power plant everyone needs electricity. I can stay inside and away from people.

Still holding out for a refund or any word from DCL. Not sure what he cancelled , just know he talked to the Airbnb’s . We had 3 of them planned. Think we will lose on the flights but will have to see. Yeah we are the dumb people with no insurance. Tried to late to get it after we paid in full.

Trip home was fine flight-wise but pretty sad in Heathrow airport. There was a lot of people that clearly had the news they were not getting home anytime and were pretty upset.

I'm still holding out for the refund too. It doesn't make sense that they haven't cancelled. How can they possibly run this cruise? I don't want a credit because there's nothing else I want to do for that amount of money in those next months. An indefinite credit would be fine. At this point, anything in the next 15 months we'd be overpaying for.

No other cruise lines have announced anything regarding sailings affected by the Canada border closure, and Disney is typically one of the slower cruise lines to release these things... I wouldn't expect to hear anything before the end of March from any cruise line. There will likely be an extension to the 12 April pause as well, considering the level 4 travel advisory for Americans right now, and many other countries with closed or heavily restricted borders right now. This situation is changing rapidly and the future is truly unknown. It's difficult to wait, but with no answers from anywhere, Disney is still waiting, too. We could really use Madame Leota's crystal ball right about now.

We've assumed we're not going, but won't cancel until Disney does. If everything clears up by then, we'll be laughing with glee. Otherwise, we're bunkered at home for 4-8 weeks, per WHO recommendations. Though, watching people ignore the social distancing precautions right now doesn't give me much hope this will clear up in time for anyone to travel in May. All it takes is one infected and asymptomatic person to board one ship, and this whole thing falls apart again.

Well That is just like pouring Salt into a Wound!!! Someone Slap Disney! - This is in regards to the luggage Tags!

I agree - I don't expect to hear anything until after the 1st round which ends April 13th?? Then I think they will see what is going on and move to round 2. This has not Peaked yet so I really doubt this cruise is going to happen.

For those that haven’t seen it yet, Aulani is also shutting down. So far it is just until 31 March, but I suspect it will be extended, along with everything else currently marked as closed until that date (WDW, DLR, and cruises initially).

How sad indeed.

Trying to cancel our Airbnb’s. The last one said yes the first 2 said we can’t cancel....so my husband is going hold out to see if things change. The first one is on the big island and the second one is Maui. The Waikiki one let us cancel.

I’m going stir crazy in the house. Only went out for food a few days ago. I do go for a 30 minute walk each day. No one out but dog walkers and we stay our distance.

We are not under a stay at home - St Louis will be but everyone in my house has an essential job and DH works in IL - they have been under a stay and his job is also essential
With so much left open and everyone around here hanging out together I’m not seeing the point - I came home the other night and it looked like a block party was going on
The stores are jammed packed when I drive by going to work and still when I come home
Just not seeing the keep your distance or any of that going on around here

It's 14 days, or however long your vacation time is. You will not be allowed out of your hotel room, nor will people be able to visit you, besides essential health care personnel, pretty much. There are fines and potential jail time. They don't want tourists, and rightfully so.

Meanwhile, Canada issued a specific level 3 advisory for travel to America... because the global level 3 advisory and closed borders weren't enough?

We're still waiting... no news from DCL yet, though Aulani released new cancellation terms through June. DVC released new cancellation terms as well, though I don't exactly know how those work since we're not DVC.

I didn’t see an end date for Hawaii but another thread is reporting May 20th if this is true it is all over for sure beyond any doubt DCL needs to issue refunds Period or future cruise credit if that is what you want but I feel this cruise should be a better offer than the current one as it was a special cruise

Reactions: NAB
Hawaii’s mandate is in place until 30 April, for now. The later date was specific to one hotel, from what I can see.

May is still uncertain... for so many things. 30 April is a deadline for advisories, closures, shelter in place orders... but they are all pending extensions. Which means we are in limbo for a while yet.

You know I don’t like limbo !! I don’t hang that way !!! Haa haa
Thanks for the update !!

Well I have a bad word I’m not going to say but that just sunk the ship and nailed shut my trip to Aulani 😪😠 I’m going to be out hotel and airfare but have a lot of gifts cards to spend someday as long as the Fairmont does not go Bankrupt and also Disney! Ugh 💔💔💔💔stupid virus
I’m so very sad so much excitement and planning washed away - I know I’m not alone as we are all in the same boat ! Just not the boat we wanted !!
Stay safe and healthy - Wash Your Hands and for the love of God Don’t touch Anything !!!

I've officially started cancelling everything for this trip. The mandatory quarantine was the last straw. I cannot safely rely on room service or outside food, so there's no way we can travel, even to Aulani at this point. As much as I love Aulani, being quarantined to our villa would be worse than being quarantined at home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter