Hawai’i 10 Night Cruise to Vancouver

So I guess Disney is far enough out into 2021 that there won't be 2021 Fall Hawaii itineraries I imagine? I'll be rebooking Hawai if they ever do them again. This is twice in a row Disney had issues with Hawaii. I'll have to be faster on the booking next time to secure our room.

@GoofyNewfie Not necessarily. The last available sailing to book on the Wonder returns to Vancouver on 13 September 2021. There is no sailing listed after that. Typically, the Wonder would then go down the California coast, Mexico, and transit the Panama Canal. But since nothing is available to book beyond that last Alaska sailing, it is theoretically possible for them to sail to Hawaii after that. Which would 100% be our first choice, if it were an option. I'm not holding my breath for it, though, especially since future cruise credits are limited to 15 months from original sail date, which would be 08 August 2021 in our case.

@GoofyNewfie Not necessarily. The last available sailing to book on the Wonder returns to Vancouver on 13 September 2021. There is no sailing listed after that. Typically, the Wonder would then go down the California coast, Mexico, and transit the Panama Canal. But since nothing is available to book beyond that last Alaska sailing, it is theoretically possible for them to sail to Hawaii after that. Which would 100% be our first choice, if it were an option. I'm not holding my breath for it, though, especially since future cruise credits are limited to 15 months from original sail date, which would be 08 August 2021 in our case.

Hmm... true. So there is still a faint chance for 2021. I was looking at the dates for future bookings and since Sept was there, I assumed all of Sept was filled out - but of course that didn't need to be true.

That would be perfect for us. It's actually 2021 that we wanted to do Hawaii in the first place. Fingers crossed then.

I thought Canada Post was an essential service everywhere. Wow. Good to know, in case ours is next to go. (BC)

Well, DCL has won my heart, for something I cannot quote here. They are treating travel agents and clients really well in this time. It may not seem it that way for passengers (like our sailing) just yet, but on the back side of things, they are going are above and beyond other cruise lines. I now understand why they're taking so much time between announcements, as they're ensuring everyone is being taken care of before moving onto the next batch of cruises. I'm sorry I'm being a bit cryptic, but the DIS rules here prohibit me from posting further details. I'm really impressed. No other cruise line is being as thorough.

Hold tight. Our turn will come.

Also, David's DVC just announced a really great cancellation policy right now, with full credits for future use for select reservation dates. I'm really happy to hear that as well, and hope they will continue that policy for as long as the resorts are closed.

This moment is a good moment. That could all change in five seconds, but that's the roller coaster we're living right now.

Well, DCL has won my heart, for something I cannot quote here. They are treating travel agents and clients really well in this time. It may not seem it that way for passengers (like our sailing) just yet, but on the back side of things, they are going are above and beyond other cruise lines. I now understand why they're taking so much time between announcements, as they're ensuring everyone is being taken care of before moving onto the next batch of cruises. I'm sorry I'm being a bit cryptic, but the DIS rules here prohibit me from posting further details. I'm really impressed. No other cruise line is being as thorough.

Hold tight. Our turn will come.

Also, David's DVC just announced a really great cancellation policy right now, with full credits for future use for select reservation dates. I'm really happy to hear that as well, and hope they will continue that policy for as long as the resorts are closed.

This moment is a good moment. That could all change in five seconds, but that's the roller coaster we're living right now.
Any way you could message me? I really could use some good news.

I can also confirm that some cruise lines are trying to get waivers to the PVSA and Jones Act to sail out of American ports to Alaska, without the required stop in Canada. Seattle is closed indefinitely, but there are other ports in Washington and Oregon. I don't see this actually happening, as the logistics would be a nightmare and limit all cruises to American passengers only at this point... but it is being considered. (They started this process in January, actually...) I don't know if Disney is part of the group requesting it, though.

Not stopping in Canada would really hurt our local economy, though. I would like to think people actually like to visit our country (and town), not just because they legally have to stop here.

Just some random updates I learnt today. Nothing really helpful to our cruise in particular, though.

I am going to time warp back to September... it was sort of like a two week cruise, only the ship didn't move and we weren't allowed onboard... but we got to see her every day.
71106691_10157192782721418_1516056986574127104_o.jpg

We were discussing coming to Vancouver to use our airfare and gift cards at the Fairmont - I love Canada! Of course that discussion turned into how we wanted to do Alaska again but I doubt they will do one this season

Any insight into how much longer we need to hold tight? I think I have an Air Canada deadline for the 31st.

Will they Extend it??? I got American Airlines to Extend mine to 12/31/20 for free - Never hurts to ask.

Will they Extend it??? I got American Airlines to Extend mine to 12/31/20 for free - Never hurts to ask.
Mine is also extended to the end of the year but it doesn’t do me much good since school starts at the end of August. It doesn’t look like travel anywhere will be available by then.

Kind of how I feel I will be lucky to use mine it’s so upsetting how the airlines can keep your money and get bailed out
I’m still battling with Dave’s rental but I contacted my renter she didn’t want to go in early April so I offered to move her dates I am waiting for her to pick new dates

American Airlines reinstated my miles, and refunded me the taxes ($85) for our 1 way flight home from Vancouver to Phoenix. I commend them on that, we had booked web special tickets that were strictly no refunds or changes back in July '19. British Airways flight from Phoenix to Honolulu via American Airlines using Avios was easily cancelled and Avios reinstated...lost the $11.00 taxes on that LOL, the wonderful DVC owner who rented us points for Aulani agreed to cancel my reservation and refund us in split payments, got full refund from Hotwire for Vancouver hotel....the only one holding out on us is the Priceline Express Deal we booked for 1 night in Waikiki on that first night of arrival....so we stand to lose $150, which is great all things considered....and they might change their refund policy as it gets closer.

So much time and energy booking this trip, and just as much time and energy canceling this trip...So sad what's happening.

Stay safe everyone.

You are so lucky - Yes it is more work trying to cancel than it was to book - I do hope you get your other refund! I will be over the moon if I can move mine or receive my $2,400 back! Not likely to happen and people on the other thread seem to think that is fair and correct I just don't understand that at all! I can't be that heartless to someone - If you are not comfortable going considering what is going on - or the State issues an order to not come - What the heck do you expect people to do?

@GoofyNewfie Air Canada will let you cancel your flight and receive a credit valid until 31 March 2021. I don't see a deadline for when you can cancel, however, nor do I see a date range for flights that qualify. It's all up on Air Canada's website. If they cancel your flight, it looks like the credit may be extended to 24 months. Check our their COVID-19 policies - it's the link at the very top of their home page. Or, give your travel agent a call for your options.

The Canadian Transportation Agency mandated credits over refunds at this time to help prevent our travel partners from going bankrupt. You won't see a penny back form Canadian airlines at this time.

@spacecanada. I appreciate you looking into it. They keep changing what they are doing. A couple weeks ago it would have been a refund if they cancel. I looked a couple days ago and it said until March 31, if you booked in 2019, they'd extend for 24 months, else it would be 12 (maybe 15) months. 12 months likely doesn't do it for me. I could twist my arm, but I don't see a cruise I _want_ to do in the next 12 months. Beyond the other 2 I already have booked for later 2020 and 2021.

I'll go check on it again. There was guidance given to the Canadian carriers that the voucher should be good for at least 24 months.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter