Hawaii 2020

There is a woman who lives on the Magic all summer. I don't think DCL cares what people pay.

Yeah my post came out wrong, I guess. I was trying to say that SD to Vancouver, Vancouver to HI, HI to Vancouver would be insanely expensive, but that as it is a permitted grouping of cruises under PVSA, I don't think DCL would block it (there was an earlier suggestion that perhaps DCL would block this combination since cancellng the last leg would make the first two legs a forbidden b2b). I didn't mean that DCL might block someone from spending $50K on a cruise lol. And yeah I've seen that woman's posts. I am not sure I'd ever admit to that, lol.

Yeah my post came out wrong, I guess. I was trying to say that SD to Vancouver, Vancouver to HI, HI to Vancouver would be insanely expensive, but that as it is a permitted grouping of cruises under PVSA, I don't think DCL would block it (there was an earlier suggestion that perhaps DCL would block this combination since cancellng the last leg would make the first two legs a forbidden b2b). I didn't mean that DCL might block someone from spending $50K on a cruise lol. And yeah I've seen that woman's posts. I am not sure I'd ever admit to that, lol.
There were reports last time that DCL wouldn't let people book the 3 cruises together, citing the PVSA. As I said, I think they're a little PVSA "gun shy" with the issues they had learning about that law.

I'm not sure you could push it with DCL, if you tried to book the 3, but it is legal and there's really no reason DCL can't book them together.

We just did RCCL, Vancouver to Honolulu, our second time. The Pacific was a bit more rocking than our Trans Atlantic cruises, but nothing serious.

I am glad to see this, I do not think it will work for us. We plan to do RCCL Honolulu to Sidney Australia in September 2020. I wish Mickey was our captain, but RCCL does a good job.

I really wish the Hawaii cruises were just one week later. Our son will (well he better anyway!) graduate from college the day after the second one leaves. That would have made for a pretty sweet graduation present. I'd love to spend several days with stops in Hawaii and ultimately end up in Vancouver which we loved so much when we visited there last summer.

Oh well. Not in the cards for us. I keep trying to find a Disney cruise I want to take, but it just hasn't worked out in a while. Maybe some day.

Very Similar to my situation I was really contemplating the 10 day one on 5/8. My daughter is graduating High school and we really wanted get a trip in before she goes off which means our time is limited in the summer. She was all for even pulling out of school since she will be finished practically anyway but unfortunately this sailing is right at the time for AP Testing and so even she was like no either I will be studying or missing the test. :sad1:

Been trying to find a Disney Cruise to head out on for a few years now but anything I would do is either landing during the school year during my busy time at work when I can't take off which is the case with the 9 day Hawaiian sailing. I'm hoping there will be something Summer 2020 that I will be excited about booking. My kids don't care by the way they would rather head back on the same ship to the Bahamas lol.

Hawaii was a great cruise. I was on the September 2015 cruise Vancouver to Hawaii than spent 8 nights in aulania after the cruise. Do the cruise if you canyou won’t be disappointed. I have been wanting to do another dcl Hawaii cruise but these dates don’t work out for me. I don’t find out if I got my vacation until March 1 for the year. Someone with more time can bump you out of your dates you put in before that time. So the final payment will be due way before March 1st. Book it if you can you won’t be disappointed.

We are trying to decide if it would be better to do B-2-B Hawaii or stay in Aulani on one end of the cruises and only take one cruise. We have been to Aulani twice and we enjoy it very much but cruising is wonderful too. Any thoughts??

We are trying to decide if it would be better to do B-2-B Hawaii or stay in Aulani on one end of the cruises and only take one cruise. We have been to Aulani twice and we enjoy it very much but cruising is wonderful too. Any thoughts??

Book both cruises that way you will have more time to think about it. If you only have one placeholder book the one with it that you think you will rather have than the other one. If your a dvc member and own at aulani you won’t have to decide until the 11 month window. If you don’t own at aulani and you are a dvc member you won’t have to decide until the 7 month window. If you are not a dvc member you won’t have to decide until you think it’s time to get your plane tickets. Either way it’s a great vacation.

Hawaii was a great cruise. I was on the September 2015 cruise Vancouver to Hawaii than spent 8 nights in aulania after the cruise. Do the cruise if you canyou won’t be disappointed. I have been wanting to do another dcl Hawaii cruise but these dates don’t work out for me. I don’t find out if I got my vacation until March 1 for the year. Someone with more time can bump you out of your dates you put in before that time. So the final payment will be due way before March 1st. Book it if you can you won’t be disappointed.
The paid in full date for the April29, 2020 cruise Vancouver, Canada to Honolulu is December31, 2019

Last edited:
Book both cruises that way you will have more time to think about it. If you only have one placeholder book the one with it that you think you will rather have than the other one. If your a dvc member and own at aulani you won’t have to decide until the 11 month window. If you don’t own at aulani and you are a dvc member you won’t have to decide until the 7 month window. If you are not a dvc member you won’t have to decide until you think it’s time to get your plane tickets. Either way it’s a great vacation.

Great Points, @dclpluto!

And isn't there a 72 hour hold on reservations, in addition to being able to move to a different cruise before PIF date? I am speaking so confidently today about booking B-2-B but when I see the price$ tomorrow, the decision might be a lot easier to make.

Not really.

Even though the Passenger Vessel Services Act (PVSA) doesn't allow San Diego/Vancouver/Hawaii B2B, it does allow San Diego/Vancouver/Hawaii/Vancouver. I've read that DCL won't allow that particular 3 cruise B2B, but it's legal. I think DCL got burned pretty badly with they started the Alaska cruises (from Seattle) with the legalities of the PVSA, they just won't allow it in any form.

The reason the 3 cruises together would be allowed is that the PVSA looks at the whole trip as one trip (even though it's 3 different cruises). It only would see that the passenger got on the ship in San Diego, and got off the ship in Vancouver. A cruise that has a foreign port as it's embarkation or debarkation port doesn't fall under the PVSA law.

I did a b2b2b in 2017 on Royal Caribbean: Honolulu to Vancouver, then Vancouver - Seward and Seward - Vancouver Alaska cruises. I would've preferred to do a land trip from Seward after the northbound Alaska cruise, but had to take the ship back to Vancouver to avoid violating the PVSA.

Last edited:
The second year that Disney did Alaska, they sailed out of Seattle. There were a large number of people who booked the LA/Vancouver, Vancouver/Seattle B2B. When I saw that people were saying they booked those cruises, I urged them to contact DCL again and strongly request that DCL check with their legal people to confirm that those two cruises were legal.

DCL said they confirmed with their legal people that it would be OK. Then, about a month or two out from the first cruise, DCL informed everyone that one or the other of their cruises would have to be cancelled. Many people, of course already had air flights and hotel reservations based on their original travel plans.

DCL, from what I read, helped cover lost monies for many of those inconvenienced people. They also learned the lesson that they are not above the law. Something that the other cruise lines that have done those itineraries for years already knew.
I thought that DCL allowed the illegal b2b for the May cruises, but made people cancel one of the illegal b2b segments for the return trip in September.

Has anyone booked yet? Can you tell us what they are going for (price).
There is a thread with pricing (reported by platinum members so far) you can check some pricing there.
Unfortunately my "prediction" above was correct... these Hawaii sailings are going fast, by 9 am some categories were gone already :(
I am Gold so can't book til tomorrow. There may be nothing left....

There is a thread with pricing (reported by platinum members so far) you can check some pricing there.
Unfortunately my "prediction" above was correct... these Hawaii sailings are going fast, by 9 am some categories were gone already :(
I am Gold so can't book til tomorrow. There may be nothing left....

Not shocked they are going fast the pricing is not unreasonable it seems and a lot of people are waiting for Hawaii. I hope they won't wait 5 years to do more of them and will do a summer sailing..

I just looked at the pricing thread, and I'm actually kind of surprised at the prices for these cruises. They actually seem pretty reasonable to me. Yes, the price is high, but they are long cruises to an area Disney fans have been clamoring for. It really does make me wish that they were just one week later as the timing just doesn't work for us. Oh well.

To everyone that does make it on these cruises, enjoy! I'm sure it will be a fabulous trip.

I just looked at the pricing thread, and I'm actually kind of surprised at the prices for these cruises. They actually seem pretty reasonable to me. Yes, the price is high, but they are long cruises to an area Disney fans have been clamoring for. It really does make me wish that they were just one week later as the timing just doesn't work for us. Oh well.

To everyone that does make it on these cruises, enjoy! I'm sure it will be a fabulous trip.
Yes I feel the same way! I think the May 8 one is the same price (or even $300 less) as our Aug 2019 Alaska - for 2 adults, 1 child. We got 10% off on Alaska too and the Hawaii price is without placeholder.
Assuming it's correct pricing I'm looking at. Similar oceanview category.
Also assuming that the 9 night one will be less even.
Just worried may not be available tomorrow. We have been waiting for Hawaii.
Overall Hawaii may still be more expensive than Alaska as we would want to combine it with a couple of days at Aluani, one way flights etc... but not bad overall.
Not surprised it's going fast either.

Last edited:
We are thinking about booking an ocean view. Is that too claustrophobic for 5 sea days? What is the weather like crossing the Pacific? I am guessing chilly...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter