Hawaii 2020

In 2015 when I missed out on the last Hawaii cruise, I promised myself that the next time DCL did a Hawaii sailing I'd jump on it. When they announced the 2020 dates I was ecstatic; convinced my best friend that its worth the money and I'm budgeting for the expense of an ocean view or inside. Now I'm watching the posts and terrified that it'll sell out before I get a chance to book (this will be my second cruise so only silver status) :( Please Disney and cruise gods, my friend and I have both had a terrible year... we need some good news!

Ideally, cruising to Hawaii and then staying an extra 5-7 days somewhere in HI would be the plan, but not sure we can swing it with kids in school as that would be 2-3 weeks off school... (already taking them out for 3 weeks in 2019, eek) whereas WBPC would mean 1 extra week of school. Decisions!

In 2015 when I missed out on the last Hawaii cruise, I promised myself that the next time DCL did a Hawaii sailing I'd jump on it. When they announced the 2020 dates I was ecstatic; convinced my best friend that its worth the money and I'm budgeting for the expense of an ocean view or inside. Now I'm watching the posts and terrified that it'll sell out before I get a chance to book (this will be my second cruise so only silver status) :( Please Disney and cruise gods, my friend and I have both had a terrible year... we need some good news!
I would doubt it will sell out entirely before your window opens. As long as you're flexible with room and which cruise, I'm fairly certain you'll get something.

I would doubt it will sell out entirely before your window opens. As long as you're flexible with room and which cruise, I'm fairly certain you'll get something.

Also, check back on Thursday and Friday (any time after midnight) if your desired category is sold out on Wednesday. Some of those cabins may be on 72-hour holds and may become available.

So Fiance said we can book the Hawaii cruise yay! Will figure out later on if we can actually go. So they changed how it works now, right? You can book on your opening day online? I'm silver, but he gold so my plan is to log into his account to book the cruise. Will this work?

So Fiance said we can book the Hawaii cruise yay! Will figure out later on if we can actually go. So they changed how it works now, right? You can book on your opening day online? I'm silver, but he gold so my plan is to log into his account to book the cruise. Will this work?
Yes, you can do early booking, based on CC level, online. You cannot, however, use a placeholder to book online, those must be done via phone call.

We've been to Hawaii multiple times before we ever cruised there. Since we like cruising, the round trip Hawaii works good for us (we've done 2). Long cruise with a little Hawaii beach-time in the middle.

Agree that for those of us that have visited Hawaii many times a R/T itinerary is awesome! :cutie:

Fingers crossed! Thanks for talking me off the ledge :)

Also, check back on Thursday and Friday (any time after midnight) if your desired category is sold out on Wednesday. Some of those cabins may be on 72-hour holds and may become available.

Great suggestion! Will not panic

Fingers crossed! Thanks for talking me off the ledge :)

I very much agree with Princess Shmoo. And Dug720 makes a VERY good point too. I have no doubt a lot of platinum folks have placed 3 day courtesy holds for the Hawaii sailings, and the ones not wanted will be popping back into inventory in a few days.

The 2012 and 2015 DCL Hawaii cruises did NOT sell out quickly so I will be surprised if either of these sailings are sold out in the next month or 2. It could happen, but I will be shocked if so. Good luck!

The Hawaii pricing does seem to be okay, although that might just be because they are one way. I'm leaning more toward PC though because I'm feeling like we could spend more time actually flying to Hawaii and staying in Hawaii rather than sailing there and getting only one day in each port. I've never been to Hawaii.

Yeah I'm now thinking just a 8-10 day stay in Hawaii rather than the cruise. Since it will be just my younger daughter and I the 5 sea days in a row don't sound as great as they did in the past when my older daughter was with us.

But I'm still considering Alaska for 2020 as well. LOL two completely different experiences.

Any chance someone on here as been on the NCL: American Spirit Hawaiian islands cruise that is a week of island hopping?

Any chance someone on here as been on the NCL: American Spirit Hawaiian islands cruise that is a week of island hopping?
Do you mean Norwegian Cruise Lines Pride of America?

We had friends that did it (good friends we made on our first DCL cruise). They didn't like it. They said the attitude of the crew members was markedly different than you get on other cruise lines. Could have to do with the all-American crew they have to hire. And the ship was really not in that good a shape.

How are so many categories already sold out?! Hopefully, this will show DCL that Hawaiian itineraries are fruitful and they will make them an annual option! :worship:

As of 5 eastern only 11C and 7A are sold out and there are very few cabins in those 2 categories.

I was pleasantly surprised by opening prices. We want to book 9B but will take whatever or TA can get us tomorrow when gold opens. Like that it is a one way so we can spend time visiting friends and the other sites we want to see in Hawaii.

On a different note, I love your 2 little Doxies!! Just a small person in a fur coat!! See you on the Wonder, and we have 3 little Doxies, Willie and Scooby and Susie is a sweet little old rescue!!Aloha, Karen
Awe, we love our Doxies. Cami and Bode are their names and they are 4 years old. We are a bit concerned about leaving them for such a long time because we plan to spend a week at Aulani. Hopefully our son will be able to keep them. Also look forward to meeting another Doxie Lover. Allison

Do you mean Norwegian Cruise Lines Pride of America?

We had friends that did it (good friends we made on our first DCL cruise). They didn't like it. They said the attitude of the crew members was markedly different than you get on other cruise lines. Could have to do with the all-American crew they have to hire. And the ship was really not in that good a shape.

Yep. Out of the 25 cruises we've taken, it's the only one where the service was pathetic. It didn't help that 1/3 of the crew walked off the job in a wildcat strike the week before our cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter