Help !!! I just got a call from DSVC saying that

After everything, how was your trip ?

• It went great, no problems.

• It had a few problems, but they were fixed nicely and quickly.

• It had a few problems and it was not fixed to my satisfaction but was attempted.

• It had problems and we did not get what was promised.

• The change was a disaster and I am still upset.

• Explain what happened.....

Results are only viewable after voting.
All of this is just horrible...and just not right! Not even day guests should be in this type of situation without a comparable compensation of some form. I think DVC should, at the very least, make the stays at a difference resort free of points.

I have a SSR studio booked that same weekend in October. My guide got it booked for me when I purchased and had a hard time getting them anyway. She had a harder time getting the first week of December for me in a SSR studio. Egads! Is October and December always this difficult???

And watch...when Fall AP rates are released, what do you bet there will be some concierge rooms available?? :rolleyes:

Okay, so does anyone ahve the e-mail address we should be writing to? I would really love to have it. Thanks!

We have a 2bdr concierge booked, arrive Oct 18th 7nts. Haven't been contacted yet. Aren't there dvc concierge rooms on the 5th floor?

We have a 2bdr concierge booked, arrive Oct 18th 7nts. Haven't been contacted yet. Aren't there dvc concierge rooms on the 5th floor?

The only DVC concierge rooms are on the 6th floor. There are regular rooms on the 5th floor but it is booked solid.

.....This is just crazy. I know with the change in the reservation policy that I'll never be able to get concierge again as I usually do a Sunday to Thursday stay. I truly feel like this was my one chance to experience it. I'm not going to let this ruin my vacation, but I'm so disappointed with the lack of customer service over this situation. I guess that now they've got my money they no longer care about me.
I'm sorry this happened, but it does sound like the options for your dates are limited.

Be sure to tell them about your fear of never being able to get Concierge again - maybe they can work some magic to get you a reservation in Concierge at a future date.

I often traveled to major cities for business and occasionally got "walked" even when I had a guaranteed reservation. There were times when that was very inconvenient and the "comparable" accommodations were far from comparable. Not much I could do. I usually got that night free, but that was all. FWIW, I think the most you can expect is a room elsewhere on site (and perhaps your points back), especially since it appears almost everything is full.

FWIW, I think the most you can expect is a room elsewhere on site (and perhaps your points back), especially since it appears almost everything is full.

Ugh...that brought the house down even further!
:sick:

This is totally unacceptable. I would not take it. Keep callling and emailing and torturing them. I would expect all of my points returned or to be put in another hotel all together. I do not believe for one second that everywhere is booked for those dates. I bet they have something at one of the deluxe hotels. Just be real persistant and don't take no for an answer. This is very upsetting to me. I am so sorry it is ruining your vacation. We paid good money for DVC and this should not be tolerated. Good luck to you.

Andrea:flower3:

It is really obvious that someone messed up big time, either the construction manager who failed to notify MS a year in advance of the maintenance schedule or someone at MS who got the notice and failed to act on it. Either way it is not he members who booked faults. I can understand an emergency where more rooms or I “go out of service” but this situation would be unacceptable at any major resort and heads would roll. And after that everything that could be done to accommodate the displaced guests should be done. While the view cannot be recreated there is no reason why DVC could not set up concierge services at SSR in a building and a dedicated shuttle to AKL for members who have dining and other reservations at AKL along with discounting everything for the inconvenience. Sound like someone is just not willing to admit the level of this mistake.

I wonder if they are relocating the CRO reservations also.

I hate to be harsh but this is incompetence run rampant (and it is not even my reservation)

bookwormde

This is totally unacceptable. I would not take it. Keep callling and emailing and torturing them. I would expect all of my points returned or to be put in another hotel all together. I do not believe for one second that everywhere is booked for those dates. I bet they have something at one of the deluxe hotels. Just be real persistant and don't take no for an answer. This is very upsetting to me. I am so sorry it is ruining your vacation. We paid good money for DVC and this should not be tolerated. Good luck to you.

Andrea:flower3:

I agree!! What is the likely chance of them running near 100% occupancy at the deluxe resorts?!?! And in light of the current economic conditions?? Come on Disney.....

:confused:

While the view cannot be recreated there is no reason why DVC could not set up concierge services at SSR in a building and a dedicated shuttle to AKL for members who have dining and other reservations at AKL along with discounting everything for the inconvenience.
Indeed! Excellent suggestion!!!! Put all these displaced people in one building and setup a complete concierge lounge for those members. Me thinks you should make a phone call!
:thumbsup2

This is exactly what they did at the Polynesian when they closed down the entire concierge building for refurb a few years back. A temporary (albeit weird setup) concierge lounge was setup in a different building to accommodate concierge reservation guests!

Hello Disney - what are you thinking??? And what is so darn massive that they have to close down the entire floor just a year after conversion to DVC? They really should have postponed it until Kidani opened up!

:confused: :confused: :confused:

That is terrible...I am sorry for all you that are dealing with this....such a shame!!! DVC needs to make this up to all of you!! Dh and I have reservations at AKV Oct 17 -21, we booked 11 months out for a studio with Savannah view, then the next day called to see if we can get CL, but since they couldn't guarantee me CL w/Savannah view, I kept my original reservation....I know how it is hard to have to re-arrange everything now, I can't believe that they let something like this happen....I am sure they knew quite some time ago, and now some of you are receiving notice of it, just crazy!! Also for the pp who had to call to confirm, that is nuts....makes you wonder what you bought yourself into, and here we just added another 160 pt to AKV....

Indeed! Excellent suggestion!!!! Put all these displaced people in one building and setup a complete concierge lounge for those members. Me thinks you should make a phone call!
:thumbsup2

This is exactly what they did at the Polynesian when they closed down the entire concierge building for refurb a few years back. A temporary (albeit weird setup) concierge lounge was setup in a different building to accommodate concierge reservation guests!

Hello Disney - what are you thinking??? And what is so darn massive that they have to close down the entire floor just a year after conversion to DVC? They really should have postponed it until Kidani opened up!

:confused: :confused: :confused:

I agree,they should create a temporary concierge lounge. There is no reason for them to close the entire floor. I wonder if all the noise from the remodeling will affect the folks on the 5th floor.

Also for the pp who had to call to confirm, that is nuts....makes you wonder what you bought yourself into, and here we just added another 160 pt to AKV....

Me too! Gives me a little pause about paying the balance towards my add-on purchase last weekend.
:eek:

As CarolMN pointed out, the usual response when a guest at a hotel is "walked" is that the "comparable" accomodations are FREE. I would think ALL of your points should be returned for this visit and a reservation at AKV concierge should be guaranteed for the future. -- Suzanne

It is a shame and while I agree it should have been figured out before now, it's unlikely they would have known early enough to have a big difference given the evens during that time and how long things have been pretty well booked up. Certainly things happen, pools rehabbed, etc and some members will see a negative impact. OTOH, they could do more than they have offered, esp given we're only talking 250 or so family nights total. The difference in points and the regular DDP for EVERY night would be fair or the same points and the deluxe plan possibly.

So sorry to hear about this situation. I love SSR and have never stayed concierge....but I agree that a studio at SSR is not an adequate substitute. It doesn't constitute the same type of vacation at all !!

At the least the dining plan should be offered. However, that doesn't offer the convenience of concierge. Certainly AKV is a very specific choice and a different experience from the rest of the dvc's. Therefore, it makes sense that a substitution should come from resorts that can offer the concierge experience.

the difficulty arises because DVC is separate from the rest of the resort operations. They don't have the inventory to provide a comparable experience for concierge guests. Hence they probably should be going outside their inventory to provide it. Probably unrealistic in the corporate atmosphere but nonetheless should be made possible.

I usually don't have this type of sentiment because I love DVC and try not to complain....but in this case I think it is due....

We DVC'rs are already a captive audience. Our future reservations are assured. We have already bought in. The same effort is not made to keep us happy.....

I feel that I have to repeat that the above is not a feeling that I have in general, but in this case it's warranted.....

Good luck to all of you !

While the view cannot be recreated there is no reason why DVC could not set up concierge services at SSR in a building and a dedicated shuttle to AKL for members who have dining and other reservations at AKL along with discounting everything for the inconvenience.

bookwormde

Let me just first say that I am in shock that this is occuring to those of you who booked AKV concierge. I totally agree with what CarolMN stated that if you are walked, that your stay should be free and/or dining plan should be provided free of charge.

Bookwormde offered a good suggestion up above...maybe DVC can arrange to use one particular building for this and set up a temporary concierge lounge in the grand villa in this building. It's just a thought for the suits to consider...since they obviously royally screwed up here and need to go much further to make this right for all these appropriately disappointed and angry DVC members. All of you need to band together and put this in writing to the Member Satisfaction team (just like we did with "Cupgate"). It doesn't sound like Member Services has their act in order if people are finding out on the DIS and having to call them on their own.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter