• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Help !!! I just got a call from DSVC saying that

After everything, how was your trip ?

• It went great, no problems.

• It had a few problems, but they were fixed nicely and quickly.

• It had a few problems and it was not fixed to my satisfaction but was attempted.

• It had problems and we did not get what was promised.

• The change was a disaster and I am still upset.

• Explain what happened.....

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'm glad you got a decent location and your chest of goodies! We were over the Big River Grille area, facing the water. Yeah, its seeming much further away now that I am home and the excitement is fading, lol.

Hope you have a great trip!

I just got back from my vacation. They had been able to move me to a savanna view room with access to the club level. It went quite well. I got there around 2 on Sunday October 12th, and my room was ready with my requested Arusha view. I was in room 5309 and the view was fabulous! We saw so many animals! I did have to get my room keys redone a few times as neither one would initially work in the elevator.

My mom and I really enjoyed the club level, for reasons we never anticipated. On Sunday morning before we arrived, I had to take her to an urgent care facility for stomach problems she was having. Then on Monday, I got an infection and ended up in the emergency room at Celebration. (Or as the hospital staff called it - "Disney's Fifth Park.") We were both really tired and sick much of the first 3 days, so to have access to the snacks in the lounge was truly a godsend. Neither one of us could eat much and we didn't have the energy to go anywhere to get food. Being able to nibble throughout the day was just what we needed.

We were planning on doing MNSSHP on Monday evening, and then the Sunrise Savanna on Thursday morning, but since we were unable to go to MNSSHP on Monday, we decided to do it Thursday evening. We knew that we wouldn't have enough energy to do both, so we cancelled the safari since we enjoy MNSSHP so much.

It was a little strange in that I got turndown service every night as well as a newspaper, but did not get the daily cleaning. Honestly, though, as sick as we both were we were glad that they didn't come by every day!

I ended up moving to a value room for my last 3 nights, and we got really lucky here, too. I moved out of room 5309 on Thursday morning around 10:30 in the morning, and my value room 5132 was ready AND I got a savanna view! I also got a newspaper delivered to my room on Friday - go figure!

I did notice something definitely going on the 6th floor on the pool view side. Looked like lots of scaffolding and they often had material taped over the door so that you couldn't see outside. They were also doing a lot of exterior painting for the rooms on Arusha, but not on our wing while we were there. I never could really figure out what was happening on the 6th floor.

All in all (except for the illnesses!) we had a really good time, and I would definitely try to reserve club level again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter