Help !!! I just got a call from DSVC saying that

After everything, how was your trip ?

• It went great, no problems.

• It had a few problems, but they were fixed nicely and quickly.

• It had a few problems and it was not fixed to my satisfaction but was attempted.

• It had problems and we did not get what was promised.

• The change was a disaster and I am still upset.

• Explain what happened.....

Results are only viewable after voting.
Wonderful!
More and more good news... :thumbsup2

How come suddenly all these "unavailable" rooms become available I wonder... :rolleyes:

For the ones who are still fighting for their fairshare, good luck!
There are some good news out here. :hug:

Good news here too.....Mary called this morning and told me she just got an update from inventory (?) and that we will NOT be moving and will retain our AKV room.

What a mess this has been! They really need to look at how this was handled and make sure it never happens again!

Good news here too.....Mary called this morning and told me she just got an update from inventory (?) and that we will NOT be moving and will retain our AKV room.

What a mess this has been! They really need to look at how this was handled and make sure it never happens again!

Hooray Irish Dancer!!:banana:
What were your stay dates?

I was told this morning that although there are no guarantees, it did not look like I would have to have our accomodations changed due to our check in date of Sept 28th.

Congrats to everyone that is finally getting the treatment they deserve as DVC Members!

well, I'm still waiting for my phone call. I can only hope that it's good news !

Ok, really, at this point I have surpassed shock and awe at the entire situation and I can only laugh at the disorganization!

Good grief...they tell you you are fine, then call you a few days later and boot you out, then call you the next day and tell you you are fine again???

Seriously, if this was any resort/hotel other than DVC where we are roped in and at their mercy, can you imagine the fall out?

Congrats Irish Dancer. I feel like I am watching a tennis match, lol.

Why didn't they just do this stuff to begin with!!!!

I'm really glad that most of you have gotten a satisfactory resolution but how much could have been avoided........ Argh!

So I just got a call from a really sweet lady at Member Satisfaction...

She told me that the entire 6th floor would be closed and that they would be setting up another lounge, and said that it is due to scaffolding that will be up.

I asked about the 4th and 5th floors being effected, she didn't understand how that would work either.

I told her that there are families of 4 and 5 who are being told they can stay, and asked where they will put them if there are no one bedrooms on concierge level. She didn't know that either.

She was very apologetic and very understanding. I told her that the inconsistencies and feeling as though we are all being told different stories is a huge part of the problem. I told her that several people had gotten conflicting stories from the same MS rep.

Then I asked if we could just stay in the castle that week. ;) Okay, no I didn't.

I am so sorry for what you all are going through. I'm getting so mad reading all of this! What gets me is that they arent treating members like they'd treat a cash customer - and that's not right! We all know they'd be bending over backwards for a cash customer to make sure they're stay was more than magical to make up for their inconvenience. Now they're expecting you to take less than acceptable accomodations. It's just not right.

This has probably been brought up before, but I'd be really interested to know how many cash customers who booked AKL concierge "got the call" and are being displaced at the last minute like this. Or does this only affect DVC rooms? Has anyone checked the resort boards? If this affects all AKL concierge, I'd be interested to know what the cash guests are being offered.

So I just got a call from a really sweet lady at Member Satisfaction...

She told me that the entire 6th floor would be closed and that they would be setting up another lounge, and said that it is due to scaffolding that will be up.

I asked about the 4th and 5th floors being effected, she didn't understand how that would work either.

I told her that there are families of 4 and 5 who are being told they can stay, and asked where they will put them if there are no one bedrooms on concierge level. She didn't know that either.

She was very apologetic and very understanding. I told her that the inconsistencies and feeling as though we are all being told different stories is a huge part of the problem. I told her that several people had gotten conflicting stories from the same MS rep.

Then I asked if we could just stay in the castle that week. ;) Okay, no I didn't.

Since now they are saying the 6th floor is closing, I wonder where they will put us? I am a work so I don't know if they called and left me message on my home phone. Did she mention where the temp. lounge would be located?

Huey, we've also been told by the "team" handling The Calls that the lounge wouldn't be closed . We've been told half of the rooms would be closed, not all, as well.

The Member Satisfaction Team's info came from the same place as our previous conflicting reports...the team handling it. I could probably call them back right now and get a different report. But yeah, you probably should call anyway.

At this point, I don't trust any information coming from them and I am just going to accept it as one of life's great mysteries.

I'm on the phone now and both Maggie and Jesse are off until Wednesday. There are no notes as to why they called on Friday on my account but I gave them the number I got the call from and I am on hold while they look it up. I don't think I'm going to get anywhere with this today. I feel like I might never go any further than I am at this moment.

Scratch that - after I gave them them the phone number, Jesse was magically in and Italked to her. They managed to produce a room out of thin air for me at BWV's and gave me concierge access. She did say that they were taking away the dining since I now had the lounge and I have no problem with that at all. I made sure she canceled the dining reservations I made and corrected my magical express for me.

Although this could have been handled better, at least I am now in a comparable room and can again look forward to this trip. I'm sure the trek to the lounge will not be a fun one, but at least it is there. BWV's is no AKV's but I have stayed there and never had a problem. I hope everyone here gets the same treatment. I got the comparable room I asked for and am basically happy.

I will not be close to the lounge and have eben put thru a lot of frustration and aggravation but eventually got what I asked for in the first place. Maybe we'll still get that basket for all the frustration we've been put thru !

I'm on the phone now and both Maggie and Jesse are off until Wednesday. There are no notes as to why they called on Friday on my account but I gave them the number I got the call from and I am on hold while they look it up. I don't think I'm going to get anywhere with this today. I feel like I might never go any further than I am at this moment.

Scratch that - after I gave them them the phone number, Jesse was magically in and Italked to her. They managed to produce a room out of thin air for me at BWV's and gave me concierge access. She did say that they were taking away the dining since I now had the lounge and I have no problem with that at all. I made sure she canceled the dining reservations I made and corrected my magical express for me.

Although this could have been handled better, at least I am now in a comparable room and can again look forward to this trip. I'm sure the trek to the lounge will not be a fun one, but at least it is there. BWV's is no AKV's but I have stayed there and never had a problem. I hope everyone here gets the same treatment. I got the comparable room I asked for and am basically happy.

I will not be close to the lounge and have eben put thru a lot of frustration and aggravation but eventually got what I asked for in the first place. Maybe we'll still get that basket for all the frustration we've been put thru !

:cool1: I agree. I dont know where all these BWV rooms came from, but it's nice they found them eventually. Maybe they did the math and concierge access is cheaper than dining plan.

I would'nt count on the basket. :rotfl: I think MS needs the baskets more than we do! Jim Lewis should be sending them baskets! Talk about being thrown under the bus!

Besides, that's one less piece that I have to pay the airlines to get home.princess:

I just wanna see what was in the baskets?

Can I contact the concierge staff at BWI and let them know I am coming? How does that work since I am not in one of their rooms?

The concierge at BWI was very helpful when we called last week. They got us the ADRs we asked for and told us they will be glad to help with anything else we need.

Just let them know you're one of the exiled AKV guests.

Why didn't they just do this stuff to begin with!!!!

Having spoken to some of the people involved, the problem was basically dumped into DVC's laps. The work being done in that area of the resort (exterior painting) was not to have impacted guests. Then last week DVC was suddenly informed that room closures would be necessary and left to deal with the issue.

And it just so happens that DVC's Manager of Communications was out of town on business when all this came down the pipe. Although I don't know this for a fact, I suspect her absence contributed to the confusion.

Maintenance issues in guest rooms do occur and DVC has dealt with such issues in the past. However, while DVC itself may be 16-17 years old they have only had concierge class accommodations for 6 months now. I think they simply miscalculated the manner in which trips were being impacted (no lounge available, free dining period, AKV rooms sleep more guests, etc.)

I don't view this as a sign of the apocalypse--just an unfortunate byproduct of the program's growth. I'm glad to see they are now taking more customer-friendly steps to accommodate members. Hopefully they will be better equipped to respond when this happens again.

Tim

What I dont understand, is why they can market the heck out of something like Concierge, to the tune of a Jambo house sell out in 1 year. They can plaster AFHV with DVC memberships and promotions (they have turned poor Tom Bergeron into an infomercial salesman), they can negotiate with the resorts to get these new DVC resorts built in Calif. Hawaii and Florida but when it comes to thinking about the customer and the service they provide, there is a disconnect.

We have all been in situations as professionals that are not ideal. But the culture is off at DVC. If this was a customer service oriented culture, it would not matter where the communication person was. It would not matter that they have no experience with concierge or that AKL dropped a hot potato in their lap. And I guess they can't count to 5 either. Because they were not recognizing the lack of sleeping accomodations for the larger groups.

It's a simple rule. Do unto others as you would have them do to you. I dont believe they lacked options or resources. I believe they lacked customer service and pretty much decided they were going to be firm in what they offered and nothing else. That is pretty much what they did, until the wheels fell off on the first couple of phone calls when they decided to start sending people to SSR, myself included.

People have been reporting for at least 2 weeks that they were being moved from concierge. Those early call receivers were given BWV with concierge, hence the lack of uproar until last week when DVC started in with SSR and that was just completely unacceptable as offered.

And as far as AKL management dumping this on DVC, lay down with animals and wake up with fleas.:goodvibes AKL management has suffered long before DVC. Maybe they should have put a DVC manager there to protect the members and their interests but in there haste to sell that was an oversight also.

Im glad many of us have been taken care of and I do give them credit for correcting the wrongs. If they didnt know what to do, they should have waited for that lady (or man) to come back!

What they tried to pull, was not magical!:wizard:

I just don't understand why they didn't do the painting when the rooms were being rehabbed for DVC use in 2007.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter