• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Help !!! I just got a call from DSVC saying that

After everything, how was your trip ?

• It went great, no problems.

• It had a few problems, but they were fixed nicely and quickly.

• It had a few problems and it was not fixed to my satisfaction but was attempted.

• It had problems and we did not get what was promised.

• The change was a disaster and I am still upset.

• Explain what happened.....

Results are only viewable after voting.

Scratch that - after I gave them them the phone number, Jesse was magically in and Italked to her. They managed to produce a room out of thin air for me at BWV's and gave me concierge access. She did say that they were taking away the dining since I now had the lounge and I have no problem with that at all. I made sure she canceled the dining reservations I made and corrected my magical express for me.

Although this could have been handled better, at least I am now in a comparable room and can again look forward to this trip. I'm sure the trek to the lounge will not be a fun one, but at least it is there. BWV's is no AKV's but I have stayed there and never had a problem. I hope everyone here gets the same treatment. I got the comparable room I asked for and am basically happy.

I will not be close to the lounge and have eben put thru a lot of frustration and aggravation but eventually got what I asked for in the first place. Maybe we'll still get that basket for all the frustration we've been put thru !

I am so glad you finally got an acceptable solution! I feel very bad for everyone who is dealing with this :sad2: We will be at BWV the same weekend as you, I am also running the race. See you there!

So I just got a call from a really sweet lady at Member Satisfaction...

She told me that the entire 6th floor would be closed and that they would be setting up another lounge, and said that it is due to scaffolding that will be up.

I asked about the 4th and 5th floors being effected, she didn't understand how that would work either.

I told her that there are families of 4 and 5 who are being told they can stay, and asked where they will put them if there are no one bedrooms on concierge level. She didn't know that either.

She was very apologetic and very understanding. I told her that the inconsistencies and feeling as though we are all being told different stories is a huge part of the problem. I told her that several people had gotten conflicting stories from the same MS rep.

Then I asked if we could just stay in the castle that week. ;) Okay, no I didn't.

Oh please!! You've got to be kidding me!!!

Well, the last I heard from MS was that I was back in AKV. I guess I shouldn't be too shocked to get another call :sad2: .

Like I told Huey, I took everything she said with a grain of salt. She was very nice, but this wasn't the first time I heard that story. I think it was Maggie that told us that one first, then April changed it up a bit to the half closed story, then Reggie closed everything down including concierge, then our guide...heck, I don't even remember his story anymore.

At this point I would trust your last call over mine.

The people I was most disgruntled about, including your group of 5 and 2Princes2Princesses with her 9, have found a home so I'm going to leave the poor confused MS people alone.

And since I am such a slow learner, I'll be up bright and early in a few months to try and book AKV cl again.

I'm sorry everyone is in this mess, myself included. I cannnot believe how badly all of this is being handled. At least notify people before they find out themselves. It's Disney, don't they know how fast word travels??

At least my editor and I had decided that I would write about my December trip and not this one for the paper. Oooh, what an article that would have been !!

Is there a reason your editor doesn't want to write about this trip??

Is there a reason your editor doesn't want to write about this trip??

this trip is just me and Dh and we decide we wanted to write/read about a big family trip. In December, I have a party of 15 going from 5 different states. We thought that story would be more interesting.

Can someone PM me with the phone number for the concierge desk at BWV? Thanks!

BWV's is no AKV's but I have stayed there and never had a problem.
I'm glad they were able to offer you another option. BWV is a great place to stay during F&W. Access to the BWI lounge will be nice but a bit of a hike. It might have been better to give you a large room credit and let you use the WS like a big concierge lounge. You will find some great wine and snacks over there!

well, I just realized a new problem because of this mishap. I now have 12 unbankable points in my acct. How easy is it for them to switch points from my December or January reservation so that I can bank those points with the rest that I now have left over. ugh ! Will this never end ! I guess I'll be calling tomorrow to fix this bit now.

I'm also gonna save this thread so that I can update (maybe we all can) after or during my stay so we can see how well it really turned out.

well, I just realized a new problem because of this mishap. I now have 12 unbankable points in my acct. How easy is it for them to switch points from my December or January reservation so that I can bank those points with the rest that I now have left over. ugh ! Will this never end ! I guess I'll be calling tomorrow to fix this bit now.

I'm also gonna save this thread so that I can update (maybe we all can) after or during my stay so we can see how well it really turned out.
It shouldn't be a problem.

Thanks for the quick reply. Hopefully it will go as smooth when I call later.

Update: It went smooth. She started to give me a probelm about how I might lose the ressie I was tryign to switch the points with and I mentioned Jesses's name and she asked me to hold and when she came back, she said it was done no problem no worries. She talked to Jesse and I don't know what magic words Jesse said but it worked.

getting time to answer now that we're in October and it's the time that's been affected. I'll post when I get back and let you all know how it went.

Oh, and please post if you got your "I'm Sorry you had to do this basket" as was promised to most of us.

We're here now and all is well! Got here the night of the 4th. We didn't really get out room request, which was to be close to the lobby/Inn so that we wouldn't have such a far walk to BWI concierge, but we are in 3018, which is in the wing close to Jellyrolls. Our preferred view is of a tree right in front of our balcony, but that's fine too. We don't need to see the water to know its there.

Its not a bad or long walk at all to the concierge lounge, and we have taken full advantage of it. Sunday night there was enough of a selection for us to call it dinner...wings and beef stew were the hot foods. Tonight was pulled pork but we were busy eating and drinking around WS in the rain.

And no, we did not get our basket! :laughing:

Anyway, I am happy. It would have been nice had they gone out of their way to get us closer to the Inn, but its not a big deal. We're having a great trip and we are now so in love with this area (have stayed at BWV and BCV last two trips) that I don't know if I will really like AKV all that much anyway. We will see!

I hope the rest of you have great trips.

We're here now and all is well! Got here the night of the 4th. We didn't really get out room request, which was to be close to the lobby/Inn so that we wouldn't have such a far walk to BWI concierge, but we are in 3018, which is in the wing close to Jellyrolls. Our preferred view is of a tree right in front of our balcony, but that's fine too. We don't need to see the water to know its there.

Its not a bad or long walk at all to the concierge lounge, and we have taken full advantage of it. Sunday night there was enough of a selection for us to call it dinner...wings and beef stew were the hot foods. Tonight was pulled pork but we were busy eating and drinking around WS in the rain.

Anyway, I am happy. It would have been nice had they gone out of their way to get us closer to the Inn, but its not a big deal. We're having a great trip and we are now so in love with this area (have stayed at BWV and BCV last two trips) that I don't know if I will really like AKV all that much anyway. We will see!

I hope the rest of you have great trips.

If you like the animals, You should love AKV's. We love the The Boardwalk area, but AKL and Villas is something all in it's own! So Glad your trip is going well.

I'm disappointed for you that you did not get your promised basket. Did you mention it to anyone or call MS to ask about it. I know it's not a big deal but if they tell you that you will be getting somehting, then you should get it. One thing slides this time and next time it may be more than something silly like a basket. It's bad enough that some of us had to push to get something better than a new room at SSR with nothing extra offered.

And... I wanted to see what kind of goodies they were bribing us with !! LOL ! :rotfl2: :lmao:

I'm disappointed for you that you did not get your promised basket. Did you mention it to anyone or call MS to ask about it. I know it's not a big deal but if they tell you that you will be getting somehting, then you should get it. One thing slides this time and next time it may be more than something silly like a basket. It's bad enough that some of us had to push to get something better than a new room at SSR with nothing extra offered.

And... I wanted to see what kind of goodies they were bribing us with !! LOL ! :rotfl2: :lmao:

ditto here. If MS promised you a basket, then you should receive it!

I called today to see what was up wiht the far away room and the no baskets and they had no answer. They did make sure it was noted I wanted a close room (no guarantee as stated and I knew) to the lobby. They also said that there was a basket ordered for me but it was supposed to be a surpise and she didn't know how I knew about it but it was ordered. I don't know if it is the Dvc basket or something else for my Anniversary since that is why I was so upset, not being able to spend it at AKV.

We'll see when I get there tomorrow morning.

I'm here now and my room is 4 doors from the Dundries Sundries Store. If I look left, I can overlook the Boardwalk. It is still a good hike to the lounge and mlost everyone up there is really nice. I've only encountered one attitude so far but when I get home I'll post it in my trip report.

Oh, and I got the basket, which isn't really a basket. It is a wood and leatehr treasure chest of sorts filled wiht chocolate, cheese, nuts, and crackers. I'll post pics when I get home. It is very cool!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter