• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Help !!! I just got a call from DSVC saying that

After everything, how was your trip ?

• It went great, no problems.

• It had a few problems, but they were fixed nicely and quickly.

• It had a few problems and it was not fixed to my satisfaction but was attempted.

• It had problems and we did not get what was promised.

• The change was a disaster and I am still upset.

• Explain what happened.....

Results are only viewable after voting.

pyrxtc

<font color=deeppink>Married 10-5-02<br><font colo
AKV's concierge floor is undergoing rehab for the weekend I am there in October and they have to move us!! They offered me a studio at Saratoga Springs resort. I said No Way !

They say all other resorts are at capacity. I asked them to look into another resort that will give me the same amenities I would be getting in my AKV concierge room.

What should I expect from them??

She kept insisting that she could only move me to SS.

Yep, I got the call yesterday.

AKV Concierge is closing Sep 29, 2008 to Oct 28 2008!:scared1:

I only had one night there after moving over to BCV before this was announced, but we were looking forward to the lounge on our arrival day.

We too were offered a SSR studio, 3 point refund of the difference and a gift basket:lmao: I love SSR, but this is a girls trip and the only reason we didnt have our entire stay at BCV, was so my friend and I could enjoy concierge that first night. SSR doesnt have concierge, so they should at least offer you a place with Concierge access.

Be proactive and find something before its all gone.

Im waiting on a call too.:wizard:

To explain more, I am going in October from the 10-14th. It will be my 6th Anniversary we are celebrating and my DH is running "The Race for the Taste" one day but that is the only day we planned on leaving the resort.

I'm sure we would end up in a park for a while but we have AP's so that is covered, this turned into a severe budget trip after a large unexpected costly event.

Airfare was a little more than we planned, but other than that, everything else was paid for except a few meals if we went out. Concierge would cover most of our food and we had little plans to leave the villa. I have no dining reservations. I have no park day plans, I don't even yet know the hours that the parks will be open that weekend since they weren't in our plans.

I expected to be hanging out in the room and taking advantage of everything being under one roof. Enjoying the pool and hot tubs and spend night watching the animals outside. We have no planned time to leave the hotel except for the race.

A SS studio is not going to compare to that. I bought AKV's cuz that's where I intend on staying and I booked it DBD at 11 months out to ensure that I got what I wanted. Is it wrong that I expect them to find me somewhere comparable to stay? I told them I am open to non-DVC resorts but she said it would cost me more points and the exchange fee. I told her no way was I doing it that way. I booked a concierge level room and I expect to get a comparable room for my stay. Without that lounge, it will cost us a few hundred dollars more in food if I could even get ADR's for places that I would eat at this close to the dates.

I was surprised by the phone call, especially so close to the date and that it was just rehabbed for DVC. I sure it is something that needs to be done but I worked hard to get that reservation and cannot come up wiht the extra money to pay for all the food this close to date and DO NOT want to be at a resort where it is not all in one building.

ugh !! Talk about ruining a trip!! If I can't get something comparable or at least something (a closer resort (single building preferably) and maybe the dining plan to help defray food costs that wold now be on me to pay) we may have to cancel the trip.

Oh man, that sucks!

Have you called your guide? Mine is fantastic and I wouldn't hesitate to call her in a heartbeat if I had this kind of problem. I'm hoping that your guide can help out.

Good luck!

I just left a message for my guide.

What is going on that weekend that has got everything so completely booked up?? Is there even a chance of getting a good reservation time for table service restaraunts this late in the game if I have to ? Ugh... everything was going so well and now.........

AKV's concierge floor is undergoing rehab for the weekend I am there in October and they have to move us!! They offered me a studio at Saratoga Springs resort. I said No Way !

They say all other resorts are at capacity. I asked them to look into another resort that will give me the same amenities I would be getting in my AKV concierge room.

What should I expect from them??

She kept insisting that she could only move me to SS.

Did they also offer to reimburse you the difference in points? They should set you up at another resort with concierge imo.

Yep, I got the call yesterday.

AKV Concierge is closing Sep 29, 2008 to Oct 28 2008!:scared1:

I only had one night there after moving over to BCV before this was announced, but we were looking forward to the lounge on our arrival day.

We too were offered a SSR studio, 3 point refund of the difference and a gift basket:lmao: I love SSR, but this is a girls trip and the only reason we didnt have our entire stay at BCV, was so my friend and I could enjoy concierge that first night. SSR doesnt have concierge, so they should at least offer you a place with Concierge access.

Be proactive and find something before its all gone.

Im waiting on a call too.:wizard:

Are you serious about AKV Concierge closing??? We have a 2 bdr concierge room booked at AKV, Oct 18th thru Oct 25th. All all room types affected or just the studio rooms??:confused3

Are you serious about AKV Concierge closing??? We have a 2 bdr concierge room booked at AKV, Oct 18th thru Oct 25th. All all room types affected or just the studio rooms??:confused3

All rooms are closing and they want to move us to SS! If I wanted to stay there, I would have bought there! Really messed up my no parks, stay in the hotel/room vacation.

(No offense to those who like it there)

I'm so sorry, everyone! That really does stink. I love SSR, but I know what it's like when you make plans and have your heart set on staying somewhere for whatever reason. I also agree with a PP that it seems late in the game for Dis to be calling to change your reservations. :headache:

Wishing everyone good luck with your new reservations, and hoping that no matter where you stay, you have a WONDERFUL vacation. pixiedust:

This has happened to me before. A total family reunion in a handicap access grand villa at my home resort OKW. 3 days before "sorry, we double booked, you will be moved to SSR". To this day I have not been able to get a Grand Villa when we are all going down! Oh how disappointed and upset I was. I think they should give you the dining to make up for disappointment, food lost on concierge and inconvenience. You are right - AKV concierge/SSR - doesn't begin to compare!!!

Is it just me, or should something like this have been decided more than two months before it would affect members? That is ridiculous. I would be furious if this happened to me, and demand more than a gift basket.

well, Jesse just called me back. I really have no choice with hotels since everything is booked for those dates except for pop Century or one of the AS resorts. I was put on a "VIP" waitlist for one of the other DVC resorts and will have access to the lounge at that hotel. The lounge itself is not closing, just the rooms on the 6th floor. So I am even on a waitlist for a regular room at AKV and will just ahve access to the lounge there if I get it.

What I settled for (with no real choice) - SSR studio with the dining plan for the 3 nights I had concierge for, return of extra points, and maybe a basket of who knows what?

now I have to research SSR, try to get ADR's for TS's we now have and hope my DH is not upset about the resort change and that he will want to go into the parks to eat because I know I will have to find a park ADR and hope that they have good times to eat.

It just dawn on me, didn't the AK villas open July 2007? Why are the concierge rooms getting a rehab after a year of being open??

For all you guys who have gotten blind-sided on this one, I would send an email/letter to DVC member satisfaction (whatever that's called). I've seen the email address floating around here somewhere....

It's terrible they would do that to you! I hope all of you are able to make some great plans despite everything and have fantastic trips.

they are redoing the outside of the rooms and need access tot he rooms to get it done. The outside of the resort is being rehabbed which includes balcony's and i guess it's time for the 6th floor.

they are redoing the outside of the rooms and need access tot he rooms to get it done. The outside of the resort is being rehabbed which includes balcony's and i guess it's time for the 6th floor.

yea but DVC should have know about that long ago. if they didn't maybe AKL did not tell them - still no excuse.

so sorry you are going through this.

the only time this happened at OKW - was when the golfers wanted the GV at OKW - boy that really upset alot of people - they gave everyone a 2-bedroom and studio and returned ALL the points.

they definitely should for this. It is not your fault that DVC can't kept up with the changes.

now it won't help but would write DVC - Jim Lewis and the person who handles complaints - it has been so many forget the name.

Wow! This just doesn't seem right to me. You are being removed from your resort and no concierge. You are moved to SSR studio with no concierge. To me they should be doing better than this, but I understand they can't create rooms out of thin air.

I called MS and CRO to see what options I had for rooms and nothing! I'm still flustered. I need to get ADR's quick and can't reach my DH.

If you were staying Concierge, would that not mean that the actual Concierge human at a special Concierge # is now available to assist you making ADR's? (Or they at least assist when you are there. sometimes getting an ADR when none supposedly exist?) Should you not also get free daily mousekeeping?
You should make the most of it and insist on getting a Sunrise Safari reservation, too.

i will be getting daily housekeeping but didn't plan on the safari so am not expecting it. If we are not staying there then I don't even want to go visit, even tho I'll miss the Squash soup I have been dying for. :sad2:

I am just so frustrated with trying to pick places to eat without having to go into the parks. Or take multiple transportation devices.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter