Here now, Brazilians everywhere

Status
Not open for further replies.
The same thing is said about Pop Warner and the cheerleading groups. The difference is, they have adults that are in charge and will mostly keep them in line and if they are unruly, Disney throws them off property. Why they do it with one group but refuse to do it with others, I don't know.

And yes, people will change their dates to avoid those groups, too.
exactly, and that's not something that can be resolved here. It needs to be addressed with the people in charge.

You can't escape or get away from tour groups. They are there all the time and can be there at any and every month.
Our last trip in late November - early December we doing Epcot and Spaceship Earth and a massive group of latino girls came pouring through the gates. I'm talking hundreds of girls all singing and cheering in unison. And this was the week before Pop Warner.
You just never know.

The SA tour groups reputation was built many years ago and it continues on a yearly basis.
Have these people contacted Disney directly? Have they told them it's going to affect the possibility of return visits? I never go silent on these types of situations. That's what they want you to do. Plus, I'd tell them I know of potential visitors that are being informed of this problem. At least I would get satisfaction of complaining to the Company not just a Castmember. We are all consumers after all. Change never occurs with passive compliance.

I thought they only came in the winter and usually stay at the All-Star resorts. Well, they are here now and are at a moderate resort and are unruly a bunch as I have ever encountered. Running around all hours of the night, playing loud music. Can't even access the quiet pools and many of them running around in their underwear outside of their rooms, boys and girls, and no I am not mistaking bathing suits for underwear.

o_O Well that's where I'd be drawing the line. What the heck. That has nothing to do with generalizing a group, that's just strange and unruly behavior. I don't give a care where you're from.

I say Brazilians because they all have the flag of Brazil on the "Happy Tour" shirts. I am not being racist or demeaning to group or nationality. I am just stating facts of my experience at this time.

Caribbean Beach resort for the one who was asking.

I say Brazilians because they all have the flag of Brazil on the "Happy Tour" shirts. I am not being racist or demeaning to group or nationality. I am just stating facts of my experience at this time.

I hope you got up and spoke to the Manager On Duty at the resort when you saw this happening, very little can be done here on the boards

That's how it is now though. You give the facts, you're called a racist.....unless the fact has to do with white people, then it's not racist, for some reason.

Just this Mexican-American's humble observation.

I think "tour groups" would suffice.

There's a reason you never see anyone say, "I was in line behind this huge group of white people." They just say "people." That's all that needs to be said here, too.

I for one think this thread is valuable. Just like the ones posted about those nasty people:rolleyes: from New Jersey and Jersey week!!!!!!!! LOL

I am gonna start a thread in November Here Now New Jerseyans Everywhere ROFLMAO

Its a planning tool regardless. I think all information is valuable its what you do with the information that's important

Thank you - - another tidbit to just file away for the future.

And yes, I do use information from these threads for planning purposes. Even though we travel in July and will continue to do so for the next couple trips, it helps to know:

1) which resorts are likely to have tour groups. So even if I choose to stay at those resorts, I know to ask at check-in if my room is close to them. And I know to eat at the food court and take the bus in the off hours on those days I need to get to the parks by a certain time, which feeds into my FP and tour selections, etc. All part of the planning.

2) that there are patterns of behavior inside the parks, and what non-tour people are doing about it - - from doing nothing because they enjoy youthful exuberance (which I may give a try someday, as strange to me as it sounds, because I read it here and it would never have occured to me on my own), to getting out of their way because they may not actually move aside before doing bodily harm, to not expecting help from CMs.

But really, it's just helpful for preparing a low-key mindset - - the most important planning of all.

Generalization of a group of people is just wrong.
I teach kids everyday and I am proud that I teach tolerance and individuality.

I don't think most people here are posting about the tour groups based on their country of origin or ethnicity but more based on the fact of the disruptions their large group size and on their sometimes not following rules or proper etiquette. I would guess most who are bothered by the type of behavior sometimes exhibited by many of these groups would have the same issues no matter where the groups come from.

This thread and the other one posted about tour groups brings nothing in terms of planning. Will people seriously change their dates to avoid tour groups? The only thing to do is, if you see a big group (any type not just South American) going to an attraction maybe wait 15 minutes before joining the queue or go at another time. If you see them walking down the street just wait for them to pass, it should take no more than 5 minutes.
That's it, no need to start a thread, about a particular group of people.
For people having problems at the resorts the only thing to do is go speak with management right away, and then send Disney an email about the experience. Posting here will resolve nothing.

Have you been to WDW while large tour groups are there?

I have.

I have been there when pop warner teams were there & cheerleading teams & dance teams. When these kids started to get too loud, the adults with them told them to quiet down.

I also have been there when groups from Brazil & Argentina have been there. I know where they are from, because they wear shirts w/their country's flag on them.

I will address your questions & comments from above.

Yes people change their dates because of these groups.

My family went to WDW several years in a row in mid July. We now go in June to avoid these groups.
Why you might ask?
Dealing with them isn't as easy as your above post suggests.
We have been in line ahead of these groups, only to have them push & shove their way passed us to cut in line. The adult leaders joining right in & cutting in line as well. They pretend they don't understand English, when you ask them not to push you out of they way. The Cast Members didn't seem to know how to handle them. I did hear some cast members telling them to stay in line & wait their turn, but again they act like they don't understand English.
You suggest getting in the queue after them.
Well we were in the queue before them & didn't know they would be coming in after us & then pushing us to cut in line.
All the while, they are chanting as loud as they can. This is scary to young children & intimidating to some adults. How do you think elderly people feel about being pushed out of the way? This wasn't an isolated incident. It didn't happen just one time, but over & over again.

Also, when we have fp+ at certain times, we would like to use them during the set time & not have to alter our plans because a large group wants to be unruly.

As far as letting them pass when walking down the street, I am quite sure they know it's not ok to push between a parent holding a young child's hand. It seems like a game for them. They lock arms & shove their way between people. They don't say excuse me & then try to pass. They just shove their way through.

Those are my experiences with large tour groups. I understand why others post these threads. It is not only to vent about their experience but to maybe help others avoid it.

I have.

I have been there when pop warner teams were there & cheerleading teams & dance teams. When these kids started to get too loud, the adults with them told them to quiet down.

I also have been there when groups from Brazil & Argentina have been there. I know where they are from, because they wear shirts w/their country's flag on them.

My family went to WDW several years in a row in mid July. We now go in June to avoid these groups.
Why you might ask?
We have been in line ahead of these groups, only to have them push & shove their way passed us to cut in line. The adult leaders joining right in & cutting in line as well. They pretend they don't understand English, when you ask them not to push you out of they way. The Cast Members didn't seem to know how to handle them. I did hear some cast members telling them to stay in line & wait their turn, but again they act like they don't understand English.
Well we were in the queue before them & didn't know they would be coming in after us & then pushing us to cut in line.
All the while, they are chanting as loud as they can. This is scary to young children & intimidating to some adults. How do you think elderly people feel about being pushed out of the way? This wasn't an isolated incident. It didn't happen just one time, but over & over again.

Also, when we have fp+ at certain times, we would like to use them during the set time & not have to alter our plans because a large group wants to be unruly.

As far as letting them pass when walking down the street, I am quite sure they know it's not ok to push between a parent holding a young child's hand. It seems like a game for them. They lock arms & shove their way between people. They don't say excuse me & then try to pass. They just shove their way through.

Those are my experiences with large tour groups. I understand why others post these threads. It is not only to vent about their experience but to maybe help others avoid it.
I live here in Orlando, have lived here for the past 18 years, have an Annual Pass 15 years old and go at least 2 times a week to the parks. Yes I have encountered them, yes I have seen them chanting, I have seen better behaviour from them in the last couple of years. I have had an incident when a group tried to sit in front of me while waiting for the parade. I very firmly said no, when they insisted I told them no again and they left.
I have never had them push in front of me in any attraction line but if I did I would stand my ground, they keep coming? I would get a CM to help.
They don't appear out of nowhere on the streets, you can see them coming, so get out of their way, let them pass.
My point is that complaining about it here changes nothing, write an email to Disney, if you are there, let the CM know about it, be firm with a solution if you have been pushed out of an attraction. If you're in a resort go talk with the Manager on Duty.

As a couple of PP mentioned it does help to post if very large groups travel to WDW during the same time each year i.e. cheerleaders, pop warner or tour groups from Brazil, Canada or Poland etc. to help decide vacation dates or more importantly, for us, which resort we would NOT want to stay at during these times. We have stayed at a value during cheer week and would not like to do that again, not because the cheerleaders were bad but because early in the morning they are out front of their buildings practicing their cheers, which I understand, especially before their competition, but it still woke us up those 3 mornings. Like River Country mentioned, information is used as a planning tool.

I have.

Why you might ask?

I was with my mom and DD two years ago, and I can relate to your experiences. This year, I'm going just with my mom (now 77). It's her I have in mind when I think about traveling between ADRs and FPs, for example, and I'm spending a lot of time visualizing how I'll handle it if "x" or "y" happens.

This time she will be in a wheelchair, and I will be maneuvering it. So I need to be prepared to let the tide wash over us, so to speak, while she is seated, but I may need to be more defensive when she is walking (she can manage short distances for shopping, for example, but only with a cane).

The behavior described here is real, and it is absolutely as intimidating for the elderly as well as the very young.

I think "tour groups" would suffice.

Oh I dunno... I've been in las vegas when a tour group from Russia or China comes around. Completely different experience, older people, wide-eyed and completely agape at the wanton money spending and debauchery going on. :D (Actually, if it weren't for the age issue - The BTG's would probably fit right in there.)

People avoid Nights of Joy for the same reasons but that's (or was) TWO NIGHTS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter