Honey's Wishes VR - 12/10

honey2741

DIS Veteran
Hello Everyone! :flower3:

I decided to start a PJ. Even though I am doing a vow renewal this is like a real wedding for us since we went to the local court house. I consider myself unconventional and a non-traditional Bride in some aspects, so you may find yourself chuckling at my thoughts. Now for the details:

Thursday, December 17, 2009 at 10 am
Ceremony: Sea Breeze Point
Reception: Flying Fish
Dessert Party: UK Lower
Total Guests: 25 (this includes us)

Caricature Artist: Rafael Diez (cartoonyou.net)

Officiant: Rev. Randal Miller

I think this covers the basics. :goodvibes

Well that was a quick read. Patiently waiting for more! :rotfl:

P.S. - Can't wait to hear how the caricature artist goes. When I get hitched, I hope to have one too!

I decided to do a trash the wedding dress shoot. Now I'm not using the wedding dress I'm wearing but a cheap version of a wedding dress. I inquired with Disney about having it done at Typhoon Lagoon. I was told I would have to have a lifeguard. That is an additional $100. I'm still waiting to hear back from Rosie on the cost of this shoot. Then I read on the DIS about inquiring with Randy. Duh! Randy said he loves to do these types of shoots and the cost would be $250. So I am going to do it with Randy but at Stormalong Bay. I think that pool will lend itself for some creative shots. Getting photos at Typhoon Lagoon would be cool and I was told DPS can even go underwater with their cameras! :thumbsup2 I am spending a majority of our budget on photography since this is a once in a lifetime experience and I don't want to look back and say "I wish we had photos taken here."

I think this photo shoot will be fun. I'm thinking I should do this on the last day before we leave Florida to go home. I'm set with Randy, I'll see what Rosie has to say. I'm not sure if this photo shoot should just be my Husband and I or if I should bring the kids too and make it a family shot. What's funny about this photo shoot is I'm not a swimmer. That should be fun, :laughing:

At Stormalong Bay I would love pics on the tub going around the lazy river. What other kind of action shots can I do at Stormalong Bay? :surfweb:

P.S. - Can't wait to hear how the caricature artist goes. When I get hitched, I hope to have one too!

His rates are MUCH LOWER than Disney. I wanted to get him for 3 hours and was going to have him for the first hour at SBP. The last 2 hours at the Flying Fish. I originally told my WC I wanted a caricature artist. I didn't hear back about prices or the Artist "officially" being booked in a timely manner (IMO). So I went ahead and booked Rafael. When I shared this piece of news with my WC I was told I am unable to have him at SBP since he is an outside vendor/entertainment. So I now have him for 2 hours at Flying Fish.

For an additional fee he can take care of having the tubs or folders to put the pictures he draws in. I told him I would go with him to take care of that. One less thing I have to worry about. What is great about Rafael, he is also an Artist...as in oil paintings. I'm thinking of surprising my Husband with an original painting. I don't know if it should be me, him or the both of us. Ah, another decision to make. I would love to get him a motorcycle but not this year with this VR.

This was the hardest decision to make. But in the end I decided if I am going to do a Disney wedding, I need to do it right. We are paying for this wedding ourselves and NOT using credit cards. Anyway, I asked about switching the horses out on the Coach. In the movie Cinderella the 6 horses were grand Steeds. The size of the horse they use for the Landau I asked if we could use 2-3 horses that size. I was told because of the design of the Coach it is made for the 6 white horses. Those are not horses, mini horses, but not horses in the sense that I think of a horse. Plus the flimsy excuse I received doesn't fit the bill for me. Think of Little house on the prairie they have a big wagon with regular horses. I digress :rotfl:

I love horses but didn't go with the Landau because I can do that anywhere. So with the regular Coach I go. So I asked if it could be decorated. I mean if I have to be stuck with those 6 white horses I have to jazz it up somehow. I really LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Cinderella's Coach at Disneyland. If they could have that at WDW I think a lot of brides would be happier...(no I'm not psychic) :surfweb:

With inspiration from the Disneyland Coach I wanted to decorate this one. In case you didn't know you can have a swag on the back of the Coach for $250. You can also have a swag or some type of floral display over each entrance for $150 a piece. Now I know I'm not going to do a swag on the back, but will do a Happily Ever After sign on the back (very cheap). I told my WC I only wanted to do one entrance (save on cost) but was told in pictures it could look awkward. What do you think?

I wish I could ride in the Coach at night with it all lit up. Can't win them all. One thing I want to do is get as many pictures on the Coach, in the coach, around the coach, with the horses. I would love a shot sitting up top as if I was driving the coach with one of the footman. That is probably a "no no" shot. I hope I can get it though...seriously.

I thought even though my Bridesmaids said "yes" I would surprise them with something creative to commemorate this special event. I had Will You Be My Bridesmaids cards made for them and sent it to them as a surprise. They loved it! Here is what the outside looked like:

DSC04648.jpg

DSC04650.jpg

I have a variety of themes going on. I'm doing beach/zen/asian/morocco/indian theme. I am mixing culture and a variety of what inspires us. Doing this I have had to reach out to other brides to inquire to make sure I bring honor as well as do research on my own. I look forward to our event. I'm looking to incorporate aspects of the following inspirational pics (I have a load for each theme!):

HawaiiBeach.jpg

I decided to do something a little different and to go along with one of the many themes I chose. I sent out a message in a bottle save the dates. Here is what it looks like:

messagebottleanchor2.jpg

starbottle2.jpg

I then had our names and vow renewal date engraved on the bottle.

I'm thinking of doing the following bottle as a thank you for coming, it goes with the Moroccan theme:

redgeniebottle2.jpg

I also like this as a favor, but goodness gracious you could lose a ton of money with all the options out there.

ornamentengraving2.jpg

ornamentpotp2.jpg

I wanted to have any of the following characters:

Princess Jasmine
Fairy Godmother
Genie
Pocahontas
Mulan

However, due to the fact it is outside their environment I can't. I also wanted to play Bibbitti Bobbiti Boo while riding in Cinderella's Coach out loud and was told "no." Not loud as in blasting but music gets me in the mood. Anyway, there is an image they have to uphold. Who knew playing the original song would be an issue :headache:

I think I have narrowed down who I should partner with to do the mehndi art for my wedding day. I also followed someone's tip about checking with my WC because they have people in Morocco (Epcot) who do this type of work. My WC followed up with Entertainment about it and I think I will hear good news. I'm bracing for the pricing and semantics. Whoever suggested to check with my WC thanks for the tip! :thumbsup2

I am looking to get my feet done and upper arm. I am also looking to wear the traditional hair jewelry. I'm not set on this design but give you an idea of what I am looking to do:

mehndi-designs-111.jpg

mehndionfeet.jpg

mehndi-designs-101.jpg

I know I want to have the sorbet. Since we don't get a tasting session, I think I will go with Mango. The presentation is awesome. I have specifically requested for the Chef at the Boardwalk to come up with a "soul food" menu. I'm going to do brunch. So I think we are lasering in on specifics, the main point is to stay within a reasonable budget. I am excited to have it at the Flying Fish. I have never been inside but from the pics I saw from Lurkyloo and the fact I don't have to pay extra for transportation costs (I really wanted Narcoossees) I think this goes with our fun and non-traditional theme. Plus they have this tent thing I want to incorporate into our theme.

I think this photo shoot will be fun. I'm thinking I should do this on the last day before we leave Florida to go home. I'm set with Randy, I'll see what Rosie has to say. I'm not sure if this photo shoot should just be my Husband and I or if I should bring the kids too and make it a family shot. What's funny about this photo shoot is I'm not a swimmer. That should be fun, :laughing:

At Stormalong Bay I would love pics on the tub going around the lazy river. What other kind of action shots can I do at Stormalong Bay? :surfweb:

That was my plan (maybe I even inspired you.....) and my big idea was to float around in tubes as well!! We decided in the end we are going to do it at AKL-Kidani, so that we can get some pics in the lobby too! Anyway, I thought it would be funny to like build a sand castle in stormalong bay in the sandy area (especially if you have kids with you!!). Have you seen the link I posted awhile ago to some of Randy's trash the dress shoots? Maybe it will inspire you!

Anyway, I'm really glad you started a PJ! I have seen you post a lot and wondered if you had one! I think the Flying Fish is great! I may have to copy you on that one if DFTW will let me :rotfl:

I decided to do something a little different and to go along with one of the many themes I chose. I sent out a message in a bottle save the dates. Here is what it looks like:

messagebottleanchor2.jpg

starbottle2.jpg

I then had our names and vow renewal date engraved on the bottle.

I'm thinking of doing the following bottle as a thank you for coming, it goes with the Moroccan theme:

redgeniebottle2.jpg

Such a great idea!!!!

It looks like everything is being pulled together nicely! I really love your theme, your gonna look awesome!

It sounds great. I love the all the bling. My DH and I and our 2 kids are are going the 17th -27th of Dec and doing a VR off property for our 10 yr. then doing dinner and fireworks cruise. Where are you staying? We are staying at WL then BLT. If we didn't just buy DVC we would have done an escape. We eloped in VT.

Deb

That was my plan (maybe I even inspired you.....) and my big idea was to float around in tubes as well!! We decided in the end we are going to do it at AKL-Kidani, so that we can get some pics in the lobby too! Anyway, I thought it would be funny to like build a sand castle in stormalong bay in the sandy area (especially if you have kids with you!!). Have you seen the link I posted awhile ago to some of Randy's trash the dress shoots? Maybe it will inspire you!

Anyway, I'm really glad you started a PJ! I have seen you post a lot and wondered if you had one! I think the Flying Fish is great! I may have to copy you on that one if DFTW will let me :rotfl:

It was YOU who inspired me and told me about Randy being able to do that type of photo shoot! Thank you very much!! Your photo shoot at AKL is going to look awesome. I'm staying at AKL mainly because I really wanted unique pictures and the lobby ROCKS too. I can't wait to see your pics. I like the idea of building a sand castle, I will have to take that idea from you too! I went to Randy's blog and saw a trash the dress shoot, did he do others? Is there another link?

I think the Flying Fish is one of those locations that isn't advertised. My WC suggested the location since I didn't want to spend unnecessary money on transportation and had no other ideas. She checked it out and I was granted permission to use the location. Then I asked on the DIS what it looked liked inside since DFTW had no pics to send and Lurkyloo posted her pics. I fell in love with the place (even though I love Narcoossees) and decided. I think the Flying Fish doesn't have to have a lot of decorations because of the theming. I still want to do something creative with the tent area.

It sounds great. I love the all the bling. My DH and I and our 2 kids are are going the 17th -27th of Dec and doing a VR off property for our 10 yr. then doing dinner and fireworks cruise. Where are you staying? We are staying at WL then BLT. If we didn't just buy DVC we would have done an escape. We eloped in VT.

Deb

Congrats on your vow renewal and more importantly 10 years! I'm staying at AKL Villas and then the Yacht Club. I'm hoping I will be able to get a room at the Contemporary too. We would love to go to V & A and just take the monorail back to the hotel and enjoy the view.

Kudos to you on BLT, I bet it is beautiful!

Im loving your ideas! ESPECIALLY the trash the dress shoot! I am so curious to see some photos of this being done at TL!!

Cant wait to read more!

Let's keep inspiring each other than :goodvibes I really wanted the Attic (same reason as you, cut out transportation) but the mins are so high for Escape's. When I saw pictures of the Flying Fish, I thought it looked amazing, so I really hope I can get in there as well.

And speaking of inspiring each other.....are you doing an Escape? (I'm pretty sure I read you were). If so, how did you get UK Lower? My DF saw pics of it and is determined to get it, but I told him we couldn't! He would die and go to heaven if we could get it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter