Honey's Wishes VR - 12/10

If you are doing blizzard beach, i would try the family raft ride, see if they can get a pic of you and DH on the ride! That would be cute! Also the iceberg thing you try to walk across while holding the rope! I bet if you fell off it would be great pics! :rotfl: :thumbsup2

Love the BM color! I think i like Dress # 1 best.

So I heard from the Mehndi Artist in Epcot today. We have an appointment to talk tomorrow morning. I'm excited.

New update: She never "showed" up for our appointment. I confirmed with her did she mean Sunday, August 16th and she said "yes." I hope all is OK, but if she plain forgot not good at all!

Well we decided on what characters we will have. I may get booed but I'm not really a fan of Minnie Mouse. So my husband said he chooses Mickey and I want Daisy Duck. This should look very interesting for pictures. We will also have the Major Domo.

My challenge lies in choosing the music. I want to finish our questionnaire and get it sent into our WC.

Hopefully things will work out with the Mehndi artist! I think your choice of characters is amazing...it will look great in pictures, and maybe start some scandalous rumors between Mickey and Daisy :rotfl2:

Animal Kingdom Villas (DVC) paid in full as of yesterday. I'm filling out our planning kit questionnaire so I can get this sent into my WC. After speaking with my WC, I'm not expecting my floral BEO (assuming) until literally in October...probably a few weeks before final payment is due in November. Nonsense!

I spoke with Shelly at Impressions about invitations and she had some awesome ideas. She said she loves doing something different and out-of-the-box. I found someone on Etsy to do the DVD invitations for a reasonable price. I have to get these invitations sent ASAP!

My grandmother called me yesterday and said something out of the blue but inspiring. She said "go for your dreams." I was surprised because in the beginning she was against us doing a vow renewal because she felt it was a waste of money (we are already married.) She is looking forward to it now and excited! She said you have been talking about Disney for the longest, make your dreams come true. It's all on you." I agreed and told her that life is too short, better do what I want to do while I can. So even though it is my dream to get married in a park, having all of the photography is a great experience in itself.

I'm trying to combine my theme and thinking of table decorations/theming for it....

I'm working on the menu still for the brunch. The "soul food" menu the Chef came up with was so so...and I finally gained clarity that I want to have food I can't always have anytime. I really want steak but due to budget that is out of the question. I feel I am so far behind and have tons to do. It seems everything is in slow motion.

Animal Kingdom Villas (DVC) paid in full as of yesterday. I'm filling out our planning kit questionnaire so I can get this sent into my WC. After speaking with my WC, I'm not expecting my floral BEO (assuming) until literally in October...probably a few weeks before final payment is due in November. Nonsense!

That's great that you paid for your stay! Huge wait off your shoulders! I am going to stay at AKV as well, I think it will be such a great place to relax! I know what you mean about the BEO....when I had my first consultation, I made it clear that I want everything done as quickly as possible :rotfl: I just hate having to do things last minute....and not knowing the full budget!

I spoke with Shelly at Impressions about invitations and she had some awesome ideas. She said she loves doing something different and out-of-the-box. I found someone on Etsy to do the DVD invitations for a reasonable price. I have to get these invitations sent ASAP!

That's great you found someone to do your DVD invitations...I think it is such a great idea!

My grandmother called me yesterday and said something out of the blue but inspiring. She said "go for your dreams." I was surprised because in the beginning she was against us doing a vow renewal because she felt it was a waste of money (we are already married.) She is looking forward to it now and excited! She said you have been talking about Disney for the longest, make your dreams come true. It's all on you." I agreed and told her that life is too short, better do what I want to do while I can. So even though it is my dream to get married in a park, having all of the photography is a great experience in itself.

I'm trying to combine my theme and thinking of table decorations/theming for it....

I'm working on the menu still for the brunch. The "soul food" menu the Chef came up with was so so...and I finally gained clarity that I want to have food I can't always have anytime. I really want steak but due to budget that is out of the question. I feel I am so far behind and have tons to do. It seems everything is in slow motion.

That's great that your grandma is coming around....and she sounds really supportive! Once you have your brunch figured out, I would love if you posted it! I am just really interested to see what you have come up with! I wouldn't worry too much about not having steak.....there are so many places on disney property that make good steak, so you can have it there (the Filet at Jiko!!!).

Once you have your brunch figured out, I would love if you posted it! I am just really interested to see what you have come up with! I wouldn't worry too much about not having steak.....there are so many places on disney property that make good steak, so you can have it there (the Filet at Jiko!!!).

For sure! I'm working on my ADR's so I will be sure to add Jiko!

Honey
What are the F & B minimums for Flying Fish?
Can you have any brunch/lunch menu there or do you have to have theirs?
Thanks so much

Honey
What are the F & B minimums for Flying Fish?
Can you have any brunch/lunch menu there or do you have to have theirs?
Thanks so much

The F & B minimum is $1000 for the Flying Fish. You can recreate any menu you want. You do not have to use their standard one. Believe me, I changed everything! You're welcome.

I would love to keep inspiring one another. Dare to be different, you know? ;) Let's keep the ideas coming :banana: Yes, I am doing an Escape. I wish Disney would recognize that one size fits doesn't apply to everyone. I have additional guests that will NOT be at the ceremony site. However, you can have as many people at the "reception" and dessert party as you want. No limitation. I have additional guests and children that will be at the reception and dessert party. This is how I was able to meet the quota of guests to get UK Lower. Everyone who is coming to our Escape VR understands I am unable to have everyone at the ceremony, but they are delighted to share in the Escape reception and dessert party. So I was transparent and told individuals this in advance. The additional guests are boyfriends, spouses and children/teenagers. HTH :goodvibes

Also, I am paying to have 5 additional guests $500 so I can have them at the ceremony site.

I totally agree with you...great idea. This is what I was thinking if I ended up having a dessert party--invite spouses/boyfriends/extra guests. How was your phone planning session? Did you feel you got enough out of it? (Sorry, I keep asking all these questions!) Were you able to follow up if you had more questions?

Your dress is gorgeous! What a great deal!!

I love that you didn't give up your dream of the Cinderella coach! What a bummer you can't play music on it though, that would be cute! The coach and the major domo are in my plans too :)

Can't wait to read more!

How was your phone planning session? Did you feel you got enough out of it? (Sorry, I keep asking all these questions!) Were you able to follow up if you had more questions?

It went well. I'm detail oriented so it helps to have a WC who also has the same values and commitment. Yes, you can follow up with more questions. I find email works best for my WC and for myself. It is easier and you have written documentation. Don't worry about your questions, I am glad to help if I can even if it is in a small way. :goodvibes

NEW UPDATE

We had to postpone our vow renewal until next year; circumstances and to be safe in this economy. Nevertheless, we are doing a Wishes Vow Renewal instead of an Escape. With the customization I was doing we were nearly spending close to Wishes anyway. Our theme will be Around-the-World/Travel. We will incorporate different aspects of culture, language and tradition. The silver lining is that I have more time to plan our FABULOSITY (as a fellow DISer calls it)! A majority of my plans are remaining the same, but changing a few items.

NEW UPDATE

We had to postpone our vow renewal until next year; circumstances and to be safe in this economy. Nevertheless, we are doing a Wishes Vow Renewal instead of an Escape. With the customization I was doing we were nearly spending close to Wishes anyway. Our theme will be Around-the-World/Travel. We will incorporate different aspects of culture, language and tradition. The silver lining is that I have more time to plan our FABULOSITY (as a fellow DISer calls it)! A majority of my plans are remaining the same, but changing a few items.

That is so great that you are going to do what you really want!! Any ideas of what location you will use for ceremony/reception?

Any ideas of what location you will use for ceremony/reception?

I have a site visit scheduled next month. I'm thinking the following for locations:

RECEPTION

Tamu Tamu Courtyard
Belvedere
Atlantic Dance Hall
Epcot (not sure where for our party size..Italy?)

Backup choice: Narcoossees

CEREMONY

Animal Kingdom (it is possible)
Morocco or Canada
Wedding Pavilion (I have to see it)

Backup choice: Sea Breeze Point

Having the worst time choosing because of photography vs. what I want.

Should I start a brand new PJ or just continue here?:dance3:

wohoo! I am happy you updated!!! The new locations all seem AMAZING!!!!! Honestly, I think that the latest DPS pics I have seen have been good, and IMHO I think it is worth risking it to get married in a park, if that is what you really want!

I think you could continue your pj on here....I think I changed my mind a zillion times and kept mine :lmao:

Are you still planning an "Around the World Theme". You could get married in Epcot and have one country there, and a reception in AK, and use the Asia or Africa theme there! Oh, if you get married in Canada, can I be your "something Canadian"?? It will add to the world theme! I'll dress up in hockey gear and drink lots of beer :rotfl: You don't even have to pay me!

I agree, keep it here! I initially went with an Escape, then moved to a Wishes event and now I'm back to Escape since we moved the date up 6 months.

Those locations look great!!

Honestly, I think that the latest DPS pics I have seen have been good, and IMHO I think it is worth risking it to get married in a park, if that is what you really want!

I think you could continue your pj on here....I think I changed my mind a zillion times and kept mine :lmao:

Are you still planning an "Around the World Theme". You could get married in Epcot and have one country there, and a reception in AK, and use the Asia or Africa theme there! Oh, if you get married in Canada, can I be your "something Canadian"?? It will add to the world theme! I'll dress up in hockey gear and drink lots of beer :rotfl: You don't even have to pay me!

You are so funny. :rotfl: Yes, I changed my mind a lot too, but I really want to do something in a Park. I am leaning towards Tamu Tamu or Belvedere. I need to see them in person to make sure this is what I want for the Reception. As for the ceremony I want to make sure I have a professional photographer (outside vendor) so I am leaning towards doing it outside the Park. I will definitely being doing an Epcot photo shoot. You can definitely be my something Canadian. Are you ready, eh?

I booked 2 nights in the Royal Asante Presidential Suite at Animal Kingdom a few weeks ago. Yes, I am doing a Around-the-World theme. I think it leaves for us to do a lot and not be tied down too much. The color scheme is the hardest thing to choose. I love color! What can it be?

I will keep my PJ here and just add to it.

Everything sounds great.

Just wanted to say that we had an Epcot Italy Wedding:

b663e728.jpg

dce55645.jpg

MistyFormal170.jpg

MistyFormal122.jpg

4bc56aa0.jpg

2ef6fd66.jpg

Atlantic Dance Hall Reception:

2c3c97ed.jpg

MistyBefore-Formal-Bonus564.jpg

MistyReception2of2077.jpg

8ebca5fe.jpg

And a UK Lower Dessert Party:

e2d43814.jpg

I LOVE your Around the World wedding theme. There is a bride here now and she just did Passports for all her guests. Something like this would be great for your theme.

Keep us posted.

Linda

I LOVE your Around the World wedding theme. There is a bride here now and she just did Passports for all her guests. Something like this would be great for your theme.

Keep us posted.

Linda

I love the Passport idea for save-the-dates. I'm going to look on Etsy for them. Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter