How is anybody able to find...

I will very occasionally break out the bread machine, but I can't find yeast anywhere. Last evening I watched a YouTube video on making my own yeast starter. In a few days, I will have (hopefully) my very own yeast supply.

Had to do weekly shop for us and family members yesterday. All we have available is one H-E-B and one Walmart unless you want to drive 2 hours (one way).

Anyways, now I couldn’t find—shredded cheese (besides a huge bag of mozzarella), any kind of beef, pimento cheese, and spam (c’mon there’s now way that many people like spam). I told my Nan i would make her homemade pimento cheese, but she prefers Prices.

We have an Aldi's , a Walmart, and Martins (Giant) and farther out a Weis. So our shopping choices are somewhat limited as are yours. Aldi's and Walmart both had shredded cheese yesterday , I bought a bag of Colby/Jack and a mozzarella. Walmart had a shelf full of spam (I bought a 2 pack). The meat department was fully stocked in both stores, with the exception of no chicken wings in Aldi's. Guess it varies from store to store and state to state!

Still can't find Lysol spray anywhere!! Grrrrr.

Same here. No Lysol, no clorox , no hand sanitizer and no disinfecting wipes in any of the stores around here. I keep checking Amazon and Ebay (and reporting all of the price gouging sellers on there) but have had no luck finding them on there either.

Went to Costco, Trader Joes and Kroger yesterday.

Toilet paper: Costco and TJs, not Kroger
Cleaning wipes: Costco, not TJs or Kroger
Eggs: Costco and TJs, not Kroger
and...Hand sanitizer! They had it at TJs! (not Costco or Kroger)

Went to Aldi's, Walmart and Giant yesterday
Toilet paper --all 3 stores had plenty
Cleaning wipes--noone has any
Eggs--all 3 stores had them , price up from .68 to .94 for 'regular' eggs
Hand sanitizer--noone has any

We don't have any Trader Joe's and Costco, Sams and Kroger are all more than 45 min away in either direction for us

We have an Aldi's , a Walmart, and Martins (Giant) and farther out a Weis. So our shopping choices are somewhat limited as are yours. Aldi's and Walmart both had shredded cheese yesterday , I bought a bag of Colby/Jack and a mozzarella. Walmart had a shelf full of spam (I bought a 2 pack). The meat department was fully stocked in both stores, with the exception of no chicken wings in Aldi's. Guess it varies from store to store and state to state!

I guess next we will have to have a buy/sell/trade board for groceries! lol

Need to share my frustration. This isn't really on Walmart, but on FedEx:

I've got 3 orders out with Walmart, broken down into 9 packages.

Of the 9 packages, 1 has been received, 3 have not yet been packed to ship, and 5 have been "delivered" but not received.
I've had to call FedEx twice so far about these missing packages: 2 yesterday, all 5 today as apparently they redelivered yesterday's 2. They're all still lost in limbo on a driver's truck who has no idea how to find my house, but won't call (there's a black hole that keeps pulling delivery drivers to take a left when they should just keep driving straight)

At least today's FedEx customer care rep wasn't throwing snark at me for ordering toilet paper and making me say it 5 times acting as though he had no idea what it was.
SMH.

Thanks for letting me vent. :( Update 2/20, I've been on the phone with fedex 5 times now, spent over 2 hours with them. They still have no idea where the packages are. Last guy begged me not to report the missing items to Walmart until Wednesday. I'm giving them until eod tomorrow. This is crazy. Update 2/22, Got off the phone with Walmart - wonderful woman helped me and put in a replacement order for items in stock (meds), refunded everything else. I asked her what to do if the items mraculously showed up, should I call? She laughed and said, no I don't need to do anything. 2 hours later our neighbor from 5 houses away walked up and said her family had taken in the boxes, but since they were tested for covid could not come out. All items accounted for. Walking a few packages of disinfecting wipes and TP to her now as a huge thank you.

Last edited:
I've gone to only one grocery store, once per week, for the last month--on either a Thursday or a Friday. No dried beans at all on the first three trips but on this Friday's trip they had maybe a dozen bags left. I bought one each of black, pinto and kidney (one bag makes about 2 nights worth of dinners for us). Felt bad buying three bags, but I didn't buy any meat so figure it's a wash in terms of not overbuying protein. Still no toilet paper. I have exactly 15 rolls right now so I'm not quite needing to replenish, but if they still don't have any next week I'll probably venture out to other stores. Frozen foods were hit or miss but was able to find things that sufficed. The only things on my list that were not available at all were ramen and flonase (no generic version either).

Don’t know how I did it, but happened upon Amazon on 4/14 and the Clorox wipes three pack was there in stock! Ordered it quickly and it arrived yesterday.
Visited my local CVS early last week and inquired about hand sanitizer. Was told that their deliveries come in on Fridays. So this past Friday, I stalked the store from around 9am until stuff was unpacked (visited about every hour after the truck dropped stuff off - sanitizer wasn’t unpacked yet. Finally just called around 1:30ish and was told that the sanitizer was unpacked and behind the counter) Drove over real quick and scored a small generic brand bottle.

I was lucky enough to find sanitizer thanks to my ds. He has a fog machine and was looking at the company he purchases from. Since the virus has no one buying fog juice, they switched to making hand sanitizer. They put up their production daily And it goes quick. But, if you keep watching, you can snag a gallon. It is froggysfog.com my order arrives tomorrow. They say this is a liquid not a gel sanitizer meant to be sprayed. If I can’t put this on here, just delete, but thought I would share my find. Be safe and be well!
For anyone still looking for hand sanitizer and disinfecting wipes: this company has plenty of sanitizer in stock. I placed my order and it shipped the next day. Fed Ex tracking says it should arrive in a few days. Since it is spray sanitizer, we will put it in small bottles for our hands and in larger spray bottles for disinfecting door knobs, cupboard handles, etc. with paper towels. I will pour this into containers with rags to use as disinfecting wipes until I can find Clorox Wipes again. There is a coupon on Retailmenot.com for 10% off.

I was shocked to find hand sanitizer at Shop Rite on Friday afternoon. I must have hit the store at the right time. They had about 3 dozen bottles on the shelf. Limit 1. Still no Lysol spray or wipes.

Plenty of toilet paper in the section where they keep pallets of items.

My Kroger hasn't had toilet paper since this all began, in fact they've taken to filling the empty toilet paper shelves with other items. I guess they're not too optimistic about having any anytime soon!

They did have liquid hand soap. In fact, the last time I was there they had a TON of Dial Seasonal Collection Cedar Balsam liquid hand soap which was clearly a leftover from Christmas. I think they must have found a box of it in a corner of the warehouse area and said "Hey, here's some old Christmas soap, let's put it out!"

I finally found some Clorox surface cleaner yesterday. They only had about 8 bottles but it's the first time I've seen anything like that on my ventures to the store. I did buy one.

Hubby is the only one that goes into stores. I only have gone once and did a curbside pick up. I can’t get those hard to find items online like Amazon,Sam’s, Costco, Walmart or Target.
On March17th I was able to order flushable wipes. The next day I got and email it was onback order until March 25. Then March 26 another email saying back order until April 16th. This morning I get an email that it’s being processed.

Hubby went to Sam’s club and finally found toilet paper, 12 lb bag of pinto beans( hard to find so it will last and we can share it), he also found Sam’s brand pack of clorax type wipes. That was the best score besides the huge pack of paper towels and menstral products we bought when we were out of state in March 15th. I use a paper towels when cooking. I need to wash my hands and use a lot of paper towels and that was before Corona. I also use a different color sponge for washing dishes i used on raw chicken.

Before Covid19
Luckily we had two large purell hand sanitizers, bulk pack of Lysol wipes(from Sams/Costco), 2-lysol cleaning spray, toilet paper(from Costco), 3- windex
Spray bottles

Dd is in college and lives on campus,that why we buy in bulk and to split with her.

My Kroger had toilet paper today! A lot of it, in fact. Two kinds, Cottonelle 'Mega Rolls' 12 packs (equal to 48 rolls) and Charmin 'Mega Rolls' 12 packs (equal to 36 rolls). I got the Cottonelle, now I only hope the 'Mega Roll' fits on my toilet paper dispenser! It's mighty big...

I will very occasionally break out the bread machine, but I can't find yeast anywhere. Last evening I watched a YouTube video on making my own yeast starter. In a few days, I will have (hopefully) my very own yeast supply.

You can make sour dough without yeast. Check out Paul Hollywood’s book.

Walmart Neighborhood Market today had several kinds of TP in good quantities! Also had some hand sanitizer, and I got the last box of gloves.

Also had to go to Price Chopper and they had TP in good quantities, and I was finally able to get some Clorox wipes. It's crazy how much adequate grocery store supplies can do for your psyche!

DH did our weekly Monday shopping.....going on week six. He couldn't get any TP (which we don't need yet bit will soon) but he did get two hand sanitizers. He was very happy about that.

He tried at Walmart and Meijer looking for yeast for my BFF but nothing.

I was very happy as he scored some cubed steaks,a nice "rump" roast, a pot roast and hamburger for me so that was very good!! :goodvibes

I wanted to make lasagna at the end of this week but there was no Kraft sliced Mozzarella cheese or Ricotta but that was OK, I obviously just changed our menu. :)

I was able to order a can of Lysol spray & a 3 pack of generic (Great Value) bleach wipes on Walmart‘s website earlier this afternoon. I was so shocked to see the wipes, I quick completed the order. Wasn’t til after that I thought about looking for the spray. So now I have 2 different orders coming with 2 shipping charges. 🤦🏻‍♀️ Oh well. At least I found them.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter