How is anybody able to find...

I was in our Aldi's yesterday, and it's the first time since this all started that their paper goods row was practically empty. No TP , they did have some kleenex and 6 roll packs of paper towels. No cleaning stuff though. All the other rows in the store were well stocked. Plenty of flour and sugar there, full pallets. Went to Walmart-empty paper goods row, no cleaning supplies except for laundry and dish detergent. Not a bottle of Mr Clean, Lysol, Clorox, etc to be found and no bleach. Still on the hunt for my holy grail-disinfecting wipes, but so far no luck.
Our Aldi has been just the opposite -- pretty bare until recently. Good luck with the disinfecting wipes. I was able to grab some Amazon brand disinfecting wipes (2 pack Solimo) the other day, so they are out there!

No toilet paper (this is every Sunday morning at 7AM). Decided to change it up yesterday and go at 11:30. That was a mistake for many other reasons, but the toilet paper aisle had about 100 packs of their own brand. Probably if I had gone a little earlier there would have been much more
This is encouraging. My Instacart order is scheduled to be delivered in the afternoon next week. Maybe my shopper will be able to get some!

Vital Farms is very good stuff. Their egg yolks stay deep gold well past best by date. I find them to be similar quality with local farm pastured eggs. Their pastured butter is great, too.
Agree, Vital Farms eggs are expensive but when you crack them open you will notice a clear difference from the pale, watery .99/dozen grocery store eggs. We don’t always buy them, but I like fresh eggs and Vital Farms are as close as I’ve found.

We were able to find TP and paper towels at Costco this week. Whoo Hoo.

Agree, Vital Farms eggs are expensive but when you crack them open you will notice a clear difference from the pale, watery .99/dozen grocery store eggs. We don’t always buy them, but I like fresh eggs and Vital Farms are as close as I’ve found.

We were able to find TP and paper towels at Costco this week. Whoo Hoo.

We don't buy the regular grocery eggs. Only Egglands best (better flavor) and Davidson's (pasteurized, so DH can eat a slightly runny yolk occasionally). We are finishing off the last of the EB tomorrow, then we'll try the VF.

I was lucky enough to find sanitizer thanks to my ds. He has a fog machine and was looking at the company he purchases from. Since the virus has no one buying fog juice, they switched to making hand sanitizer. They put up their production daily And it goes quick. But, if you keep watching, you can snag a gallon. It is froggysfog.com my order arrives tomorrow. They say this is a liquid not a gel sanitizer meant to be sprayed. If I can’t put this on here, just delete, but thought I would share my find. Be safe and be well!
:thumbsup2 Thank you again.

I scored a roll of TP today at work. The hospital where I work is offering every employee a roll of TP every day they work. I actually have TP that I bought right before all this blew up so the rolls I get at work will be backups or given to neighbors in need.

Never thought I would see the day when a roll of TP would be an incentive offered for work!

Never thought I would see the day when a roll of TP would be an incentive offered for work!

It's bad when people are holding this sign up. ;)

image.php

FINALLY! I was able to put in an order to Walmart. I kept checking the Walmart & Target sites every day for weeks as there are a couple things I really, really want and there was no sense putting in any order without them. Sometimes one would be available, but not the other. :badpc: I checked at the crack of dawn and Walmart said they have both items. :woohoo: So, I should be good to go for a while.

I was also able to get elusive tissues shipped - in time for allergy season.
sneezing.gif
No toilet paper though. Thankfully, I remembered to add a bottle of Dawn dishwashing liquid, right before submitting my order. I've been going through triple the amount, washing my hands so much.

FINALLY! I was able to put in an order to Walmart. I kept checking the Walmart & Target sites every day for weeks as there are a couple things I really, really want and there was no sense putting in any order without them. Sometimes one would be available, but not the other. :badpc: I checked at the crack of dawn and Walmart said they have both items. :woohoo: So, I should be good to go for a while.

I was also able to get elusive tissues shipped - in time for allergy season.
sneezing.gif
No toilet paper though. Thankfully, I remembered to add a bottle of Dawn dishwashing liquid, right before submitting my order. I've been going through triple the amount, washing my hands so much.
:cool1:

The Winn Dixie by my house had about 10 packages of PT and about 40 of TP (mostly Angel Soft) on the shelves, about an hour ago. Still no wipes or spray cleaners, though, and they were out of frozen fries totally, and of the good eggs (only store brand left). I didn't pick up any of that though (I went in for lettuce and tomato for tonight's dinner, and scored some ice cream too).

I managed to order a couple of puzzles on Amazon over the last few days. Just lucked into them; one is the Ravensburger Villanous Jafar puzzle!

If you are luck enough to have local farmers, see how their chickens are laying. My farmer’s wife just told me the chickens are very happy with spring, and she can give me all the eggs I need. Saturday I am getting 3 dozen farm fresh eggs from happy pastured chickens for $4 a dozen. In February, they were limiting customers to one dozen because hens lay less in winter. While I know that may be expensive compared to grocery store eggs, it is significantly cheaper than similar eggs at Whole Foods and chain supermarkets.

Almost ordered one and then decided we would never use that much. We use soap and then have a lot of small bottles of sanitizer for the cars and hanging from my purse
I did purchase the gallon and since it is a liquid I have been using a small funnel and filling all of my other containers, ie, the one on my purse, the one in the car, in a spray bottle for disinfecting door knobs. I have even been filling some of the disinfectant wipes containers with a little when they start getting dry. It works for me.

Had to do weekly shop for us and family members yesterday. All we have available is one H-E-B and one Walmart unless you want to drive 2 hours (one way).

Anyways, now I couldn’t find—shredded cheese (besides a huge bag of mozzarella), any kind of beef, pimento cheese, and spam (c’mon there’s now way that many people like spam). I told my Nan i would make her homemade pimento cheese, but she prefers Prices.

Went to Costco, Trader Joes and Kroger yesterday.

Toilet paper: Costco and TJs, not Kroger
Cleaning wipes: Costco, not TJs or Kroger
Eggs: Costco and TJs, not Kroger
and...Hand sanitizer! They had it at TJs! (not Costco or Kroger)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter