How is anybody able to find...

Going to go look tomorrow, since I have to pick up milk. I had luck at Target last time (scored a thermometer, a 9 pk of tp and saw hand soap/sanitizer but didn't pick those up, since we have plenty).

I'm good on paper towels, clorox spray, lysol, bleach, hand soap, tp wipes and sanitizer for at least the next 6 weeks.

I was able to order a container of cat litter and 3 24pks of cat food on Chewy. The litter (Tidy Cat) is not my preferred brand (Fresh Step) but the cats will use it without an issue. I prefer the 4-in-1 Tidy Cats but they didn't have that, so ordered the multi-cat. My cats are very finicky about their food, with various issues spread among the 3 of them. They have 2 types of dry food they tolerate (Friskies Indoor or 9 Lives Naturals), and they will only eat Friskies wet food (preferred turkey & cheese, chicken or beef...shreds or chunks only, never pate, never seafood. They will ignore the pate until it rots...) So, I ordered 24 packs of the meaty bits chicken in gravy, chunky beef w/extra gravy, and trying them on Gourmet grilled meaty bits. /sigh

I was able to pickup some Fantastic disinfectant multi-purpose cleaner this morning at my local supermarket.

Subscribe and Save coming through for us with the hard to find household items. We recently received Corox wipes, Charmin, and Viva paper towels. We've been using it for several years(with all of these items already part of our subscription) so I guess they set aside S&S items before selling them out to regular orders.

I'm so over all of this, gonna eat grass and use pine cones/leaves/tree bark at this point!

Adult son, who is wfh at my house, just texted me and asked if i could pick up hershey's syrup :rolleyes: , sure I told him, how much covid19 you think they'll throw in free for stopping to pick up 1 item.

So kroger click list has an opening for pick up a week from today where you may or may not get what you order. There's walmart's pick up-available today, so I thought I'll put together and order from there of course they are out of hershey's and anything else I really want or need.

I'm sorry I'm venting about this stuff, I'm so frustrated and really I don't know what to do. Again, I have serious anxiety about this kind of stuff :guilty:, I just cant do it.....

I'm so over all of this, gonna eat grass and use pine cones/leaves/tree bark at this point!

Adult son, who is wfh at my house, just texted me and asked if i could pick up hershey's syrup :rolleyes: , sure I told him, how much covid19 you think they'll throw in free for stopping to pick up 1 item.

So kroger click list has an opening for pick up a week from today where you may or may not get what you order. There's walmart's pick up-available today, so I thought I'll put together and order from there of course they are out of hershey's and anything else I really want or need.

I'm sorry I'm venting about this stuff, I'm so frustrated and really I don't know what to do. Again, I have serious anxiety about this kind of stuff :guilty:, I just cant do it.....

It's much easier to just go to the store. We try to limit to once a week and are just careful about it. They are pretty empty of people.
Outside of cleaning supplies, we've been finding everything we want. Big city too. Stores here are really replenished.

Just want to sing Petco’s praises. Order was ready in 15 minutes. They loaded the boxes in the car and were very nice. Definitely recommend the curbside service if it’s available.

I was able to get an Instacart order delivery yesterday and a Target delivery today.
There were only 2 things that needed substitutions, which they had plenty of other options, and I was able to get kitty litter.
I would love to just go to the store and keep checking for things I need but there are just too many cases around here and I'm not going anywhere near a public place.
I'll take what I can get via deliveries and just make do if there are things that I won't be able too.

I was able to get Clorox wipes, Lysol spray disinfectant cleaner AND hand sanitizer at my Target last Friday morning. They were enforcing purchase limits of 1 per person of the high demand items. I did self checkout and there was a guy making sure.

The trick is, get there within the first 15-20 minutes the store is open.

I have found that getting to stores early is the best method for success.

I went to grocery stores last Friday and, in particular, Trader Joe's had literally EVERYTHING in stock that they usually carry. They are limiting the number of people allowed in the store at a time to 15, so you have to wait in line outside, but it was totally worth it to be able to easily find eggs, butter, chicken, and frozen foods that are largely absent from regular supermarkets right now.

I was at little Walmart today (that’s what we call the neighborhood Market 🤣), and it looked like they were keeping all of the hot items behind the service desk. I asked if they had hand sanitizer, and sure enough they did and I was able to get a bottle. That’s the first hand sanitizer I have seen in weeks!

Going to go look tomorrow, since I have to pick up milk. I had luck at Target last time (scored a thermometer, a 9 pk of tp and saw hand soap/sanitizer but didn't pick those up, since we have plenty).

I'm good on paper towels, clorox spray, lysol, bleach, hand soap, tp wipes and sanitizer for at least the next 6 weeks.

I was able to order a container of cat litter and 3 24pks of cat food on Chewy. The litter (Tidy Cat) is not my preferred brand (Fresh Step) but the cats will use it without an issue. I prefer the 4-in-1 Tidy Cats but they didn't have that, so ordered the multi-cat. My cats are very finicky about their food, with various issues spread among the 3 of them. They have 2 types of dry food they tolerate (Friskies Indoor or 9 Lives Naturals), and they will only eat Friskies wet food (preferred turkey & cheese, chicken or beef...shreds or chunks only, never pate, never seafood. They will ignore the pate until it rots...) So, I ordered 24 packs of the meaty bits chicken in gravy, chunky beef w/extra gravy, and trying them on Gourmet grilled meaty bits. /sigh

my cats were my biggest worry. I said on another thread that I can tell myself “we have to live in ketchup sandwiches for now” but my cats don’t understand. They are picky about their dry food and at first the stores were sold out of all sizes. I could only find a 30 lb of kit and kaboodle. So I bought that and put it in a tub and was cutting it with their food. Luckily if they noticed they didn’t throw a fit. As I find their brand I buy and add to the tub.

my cats were my biggest worry. I said on another thread that I can tell myself “we have to live in ketchup sandwiches for now” but my cats don’t understand. They are picky about their dry food and at first the stores were sold out of all sizes. I could only find a 30 lb of kit and kaboodle. So I bought that and put it in a tub and was cutting it with their food. Luckily if they noticed they didn’t throw a fit. As I find their brand I buy and add to the tub.

Our furbabies were my biggest worry too. I placed 2 big orders on Chewy the week that everyone decided to start ordering too. I got both of my orders a week later. I ordered 30 lb bags of friskies and 9 lives..over 125 cans of friskies cat food, and 6 boxes of assorted treats. I was worried that Walmart wouldn't have any , since their shelves had been empty for almost the last month. I was there last Saturday , and there was more canned food in that dept than I have seen in a long time. Plenty of dry food , plenty of bags of treats, and they even had the friskies variety packs. I am going to stock up on more Saturday if they still have them, if not hopefully Chewy will start getting more supplies in. Everything on my autoship for next week says temporarily out of stock so I cancelled it till next month.

I normally don’t use disinfectant wipes so I never had any at home but it would be nice to have some now. Haven’t seen any in 2 weeks.
I’ve also not been able to find yeast for the last 3 weeks.

When I went into Walgreens, I perused the aisles for hand sanitizer and there was none. I asked the cashier and she had a stash behind the counter. She said that’s where they were told to store them.

I was at little Walmart today (that’s what we call the neighborhood Market 🤣), and it looked like they were keeping all of the hot items behind the service desk. I asked if they had hand sanitizer, and sure enough they did and I was able to get a bottle. That’s the first hand sanitizer I have seen in weeks!
I usually like our CVS. They have helpful staff, and some good sales and of course the extrabucks. But last week I saw the TP behind the counter and asked if it was for sale. It was, so I stupidly said I'd take one, and I bought that 4 pack of overpriced TP. Seriously, I'd rather use leaves as that particular pack was well above my normal TP price point. I kept it, but next time you can bet I'll remember to ask the price!

I usually like our CVS. They have helpful staff, and some good sales and of course the extrabucks. But last week I saw the TP behind the counter and asked if it was for sale. It was, so I stupidly said I'd take one, and I bought that 4 pack of overpriced TP. Seriously, I'd rather use leaves as that particular pack was well above my normal TP price point. I kept it, but next time you can bet I'll remember to ask the price!

I’m not being picky about prices at this point. I paid way too much for the 1 remaining roast at little Walmart, but I was glad to have it. And my family really enjoyed it.

I’m not being picky about prices at this point. I paid way too much for the 1 remaining roast at little Walmart, but I was glad to have it. And my family really enjoyed it.
Well, I do see your point. I'm not hoarding, but we weren't completely out so I was really annoyed to have overpaid. I guess if I had been completely out might not have cared, but TP is something I've seen (usually) on my grocery stops, so I'm not particularly panicked about it yet.
I also had picked up a Costco package (i.e. huge) of Kleenexes not too long ago, so we can use them in an emergency even though they aren't really good to flush.

Well, I do see your point. I'm not hoarding, but we weren't completely out so I was really annoyed to have overpaid. I guess if I had been completely out might not have cared, but TP is something I've seen (usually) on my grocery stops, so I'm not particularly panicked about it yet.
I also had picked up a Costco package (i.e. huge) of Kleenexes not too long ago, so we can use them in an emergency even though they aren't really good to flush.

I can understand that! I’m mainly not concerned about price if it’s something we really need.

I’m good on TP for while (miraculously got a Sam’s online order through!), so I can understand your frustration!

I have no idea how much I paid for the hand sanitizer. It could have been 20 bucks for all I know.:rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter