How long does dinner take on the Wish?

Burgermom

Mouseketeer
Hello! I will be dining with my DH and 2 kids on the Wish in late June. We have been assigned late dining (with a request to move to Main Dining) but I am trying to prepare myself for the possibility of needing to do the late dining.
How long does dining usually take? Would we be reasonably done in about an hour? If we try to rush a bit would we miss anything. I believe that there are sort of kind of "shows" during dinner . TIA

Hello! I will be dining with my DH and 2 kids on the Wish in late June. We have been assigned late dining (with a request to move to Main Dining) but I am trying to prepare myself for the possibility of needing to do the late dining.
How long does dining usually take? Would we be reasonably done in about an hour? If we try to rush a bit would we miss anything. I believe that there are sort of kind of "shows" during dinner . TIA
If you have late dining, you'll do the early show. All shows are shown twice per day (sometimes more often).

Also, dinner can vary. Small groups who don't order a lot of courses (maybe just an app, then dinner, then dessert) should be done in a reasonable amount of time (but probably still a little longer than an hour).

When we were on the Wish in January, we needed to get out early for the extended showing of Avatar (an example where there might be overlap) and the waiter helped us out. We were out in an hour and fifteen (me, DS, and my mom).

Last edited:
Though we haven’t been on the Wish (but going in July), our other ship MDR meals were definitely not done in an hour if you order an app, entree, dessert. More like 1 1/2 to almost 2 sometimes. If you have kids you can order the kids meal and it comes out pretty quick if you want to then take them to the kids club and return to finish your meal.

Meals on all the ships can take awhile but the Wish took the longest. However two of the restaurants (Marvel and Arendelle) have shows (ish for the Marvel one) that last the length of the meal that they might not want to leave early. We left Marvel at an hour and missed the end of the show. I believe Arendelle’s was about 90 minutes in total (with breaks)

If you are worried about missing the theater shows- don’t. You go before dinner and will be out in plenty of time.

ETA- We normally ask our servers for a brisk pace and even ordering one app, entree, dessert each it took well over an hour the first night in 1923. Marvel night we skipped dessert.

Last edited:

There are a couple shows, I'm assuming you mean the ones during dinner. I believe on the Wish there is two dinner "shows" one at the marvel restaurant and another at Arendelle.

You don't HAVE to stay for the whole time and I do not believe its a super long production.
Dinner time will really come down to your table. What is ordered, if anything is special ordered, added on later, eating speed, etc. My group really doesn't take long for dinner, maybe an hour or so.

If you're in a large group or a shared table with others sometimes they'll wait until everyone is there or everyone is ready to order at once so the food comes out on time. So if you have guests arriving late or something that may delay you.

Best thing is to tell your server you need to be done by X time and then make sure your table is ready to order when they first come around to place your order. It can be done but needs some communication with the server team.

Otherwise our personal experience x 2 on the Wish - at both Marvel and Arrendale we had early dining - there at 5:45 and generally not out until after 7:15

We've not been on the Wish, but we've experienced late dining on a not-full Fantasy cruise, and a very-full Magic cruise. On the Fantasy it was fairly quick - 60-90 minutes. Probably 25-30% of the tables were empty. The Magic was very full, and it was definitely 2+ hours. That said, we were often one of the last families leaving the dining room. We never asked for anything to be expedited, so I don't know if they took that as a sign that we didn't mind lingering. Our kids are teens, so once or twice they left a little early to go back to the room, and one night they skipped the MDR altogether and had room service instead. Anyway, I suspect that the kind of time it will take is a little dependent on how full the ship is when you sail.

90 minutes is standard, 2 hours for a larger group. Marvel has a show but it's all done on screens, while Frozen has live singers and music, so I would suggest at least trying to stay for that one.

Thanks so much everyone. And yes, sorry, I meant concerns over missing the dining shows (frozen and marvel) and not the theatre shows. One of the few bonuses i see with late dining is that we will have plenty of energy for the early (theatre) show time. Maybe we will plan to try to stay for the whole Frozen meals and try to be quicker for the others and will try to communicate our desire to be done early. :)

Late dining 4 night wish last January looking at my camera roll timestamp:
Arendalle on night one was two hours the other three dinners were closer to an hour and a half

Our servers on the Wish were extremely slow. Each night it took a minimum of 2 hours and longer. Other tables seemed to be fine but something was off for our servers. The assistant never spoke one word or smiled. I assume they must have been new and in training. We missed a couple activities we wanted to do because dinner took so long. You might want to take others advice a tell your servers you need out at a certain time.

Try to get there early (20 minutes) and you’ll be among the first to be seated. Look at the menu before you get there so you can order right away. I did this last month and dinner was never longer than an hour and fifteen minutes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter