How to help WDW make more money and make guests happier

redrosesix

DIS Veteran
I just read on another thread that people from the WDW company hear about stuff that's written on these boards.

So...I'm asking people to post their ideas in this thread that will make guests at the parks happier (and want to visit more often, longer, etc) that will be of little or no cost to WDW, or make them oodles of money.

I'm going to start a similar thread over on the Resorts board too, so if you're idea is related only to Resorts please post it there

popcorn::

I thought the tickets they offered military this year were great! We weren't going to go to Disney at all for our vacation, but we couldn't pass up the deals. We got an amazing deal on our hotel and added the dining plan! We would never been able to stay in a dulex resort without the discount. Because of the deals we were able to get on our tickets and hotel we will more than likely spend more at the parks! We have already talked about taking our daughter to BBB and maybe even doing the Princess Tea Party. We also talked my husband's mom and sister into going with us (they are military also). My daughter is the only grandchild and our only daughter so I am sure she will be spoiled like crazy. Thank you Disney for offering this wonderful deal for military members!

Disney used to be all about quality. You got tons of stuff - a Wow! at every turn - for your money.

Over the years they have gone from a "Quality will out" philosophy to a "How little can we give them and still keep them coming?" philosophy. At some point, the question will be answered and that'll be it for Disney...especially when people don't have a lot of extra dough to play with.

They don't realize how all of it will affect them. No more shootout, no more guys dancing outside the Tusker House, fewer topiaries, fewer water carts...even the blasted "security" lines and those flippin finger-print machines making entrance about long lines instead of a fun process. Little by little, it becomes less and less fun.

People return home and instead of saying, "My GOD, it was all so exciting! Every time we turned around, there was another amazing thing to see! I can't wait to go back!" to their friends, they're saying, "Well, it was a lot of fun...but it was hot and the lines were so long. We waited 25 minutes to buy a $2.50 bottle of water! It is so expensive. I'm glad we did it, but I'm glad it is over."

I've been saying for years that this cutback, cutback, cutback thing will come back to bite them in the butt. I believe it to be true.

ITA COol-Beans -

Disney Quality was about the people they hired - they represented, and do create so much magic!!

When I read about layoffs coming - I know it will effect the magic, whether it be in fewer topiaries, or fewer people sweeping up the spilt popcorn - it will be 'cheaper'

I would rather Disney raise the ticket prices $1 - $5 than to layoff the people that make it special...

I do understand that they have to answer to the stockholders, but at some point they'd better listen to their audience - ie the food situation, you used to get real quality at the TS restaurants - not so much - used to be able to get different desserts and different foods at CS places - not so much...

I know the people left behind from the soon-to-be layoffs will continue to do their parts in bringing magic - but it wont be the same.

It would thrill me if every "guest" who lit up a cigarette outside of the designated areas was quickly and summarily removed from the property and banned forever from the parks. I'm sick to death of inhaling poison wafting off a sneaky smoker who thinks no one can see them. I can smell them from 200 paces! It's time security at WDW did it's job and got rid of the bad apples.

Get rid of the "check bag lines". If someone really wanted to bring in something bad, they would put it in their pocket so the check bag lines are totally worthless and eat up time and money.

It would thrill me if every "guest" who lit up a cigarette outside of the designated areas was quickly and summarily removed from the property and banned forever from the parks. I'm sick to death of inhaling poison wafting off a sneaky smoker who thinks no one can see them. I can smell them from 200 paces! It's time security at WDW did it's job and got rid of the bad apples.

I agree - I especially get upset if they are holding their cigarette low out of eye view in CROWDS of kids that could bump into it -- I don't care if people smoke heck 3 out of 5 of my dearest friends smoke - but there are designated areas for a reason

And I think WDW should offer AP discounts at all stores and eateries - I'd probably buy a lot more;)

Echoing from another thread -- more character meal options geared at boys, such as a POTC-themed meal.

Also, try to keep more current with successful films and shows -- for example, Wall-E is a huge hit with the kids, why is there no Wall-E in the parks. (I've noticed a rather poor marketing effort associated with Wall-E overall, honestly. How hard could it have been to have made igloo-style B&L lunchboxes for kids???) Additionally, the Playhouse Disney breakfast still features JoJo and Goliath, who are pretty much off the air.

And that will really help Disney make more money? Which I believe was what the OP was asking for ideas on?

More options for DVC owners. I would love to see more pass discounts. We don't do annual passes. We usally do a 10 day no exp. We get 2 full years out of it.

I would like to see a special FP for resort guests. Something like 2 FP per person per night that would be good for any ride that takes FP.

I would also like to see Park Hoppers as a free perk for resort guests.

Both of these ideas would not cost much to implement and would offer a real perk for staying on site which would make them more $$$ then the $50 cost of a hopper.

Echoing from another thread -- more character meal options geared at boys, such as a POTC-themed meal.

Also, try to keep more current with successful films and shows -- for example, Wall-E is a huge hit with the kids, why is there no Wall-E in the parks. (I've noticed a rather poor marketing effort associated with Wall-E overall, honestly. How hard could it have been to have made igloo-style B&L lunchboxes for kids???) Additionally, the Playhouse Disney breakfast still features JoJo and Goliath, who are pretty much off the air.

ICAM with this! They've done so much for girls, with the Princesses and now the Fairies, but they've really missed the boat with getting boys excited about spending tons of their parents' money. There really isn't a "boy" character meal. There's classic characters and Princesses. None of the Pixar crew (Monsters, Toy Story, etc) and no Pirates. And there are so many once-in-a-lifetime fantasy type things for girls, with the Bibbity Bobbidi Boutique and the Princess tea party and such, but nothing for boys except the Pirate cruises (without POTC characters) at some of the resorts.

ICAM with this! They've done so much for girls, with the Princesses and now the Fairies, but they've really missed the boat with getting boys excited about spending tons of their parents' money. There really isn't a "boy" character meal. There's classic characters and Princesses. None of the Pixar crew (Monsters, Toy Story, etc) and no Pirates. And there are so many once-in-a-lifetime fantasy type things for girls, with the Bibbity Bobbidi Boutique and the Princess tea party and such, but nothing for boys except the Pirate cruises (without POTC characters) at some of the resorts.

On the ME bus last time in the video I thought I heard something about BBB being for "your little Princess or Pirate" so I assumed they had something for boys there but we never saw one little pirate in our week so maybe I misheard? The most I saw were some little boys with spiked and glittered hair and that was not what I took them to mean...I was thinking pirate costume and the works...they already have some cute boy costumes like Cap'n Jack, Robin Hood, and Peter Pan, seems like they could work those into something for boys (which is what I thought they meant in the short ad I heard).

I would like to see a special FP for resort guests. Something like 2 FP per person per night that would be good for any ride that takes FP.

Both of these ideas would not cost much to implement and would offer a real perk for staying on site which would make them more $$$ then the $50 cost of a hopper.

This is an excellent idea. Even if they lowered the price to, say, $25 per Park Hopper.

I agree. A power rangers, or pirate. How about a hero's breakfast with Buzz, Peter Pan, The Incredibles...

Kind of funny to see this today. My wife and I were just talking about how hard it is to find good character meals for our son. Off hand I made a joke about Disney not caring about the boys as much.

I would love to see a Pixar breakfast at DHS. Of course many girls would love it too. Then maybe some type of deal with pirates. Maybe a breakfast at Liberty Tree. That is the only place I can think off in MK.

We do not stay on site, but we have friends who always stat on site. I think it would be cool to give those guys free or reduced hoppers.

I totally agree about the breakfasts. We are from the UK so Jojo and Goliath mean nothing to us. Perhaps Disney should look at their marketing strategies for overseas visitors as I am sure we make up a lot of their visitors. Unless they are careful Universal who have a Spiderman interaction meal will overtake them.

My sentiments exactly.

A variation on the idea could be If FP as included in the base ticket cost for resort guests only and non resort guests had to pay an upgrade charge for FP privelages. This would bring more value to staying at the resort.

Or they could include FP privelages with Hopper Passes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter