How to help WDW make more money and make guests happier

On a small scale, like the statues in Epcot, or the Click and Clack guys at DHS. Or even a barbershop quartet here and there.

And have more face characters walking around the place...I'd love to ride the trolley with Mary Poppins. :)

Surely this stuff doesn't cost tooo much?

Wowser! I agree! If they did a PotC character meal with Captain Jack Sparrow, I would sign up for my first character meal ever....anything to see and get pics with the captain!

Are you reading this Disney?? Anyone? Anyone? My son would pay 100 of his own dollars for that meal.

;)

Are you reading this Disney?? Anyone? Anyone? My son would pay 100 of his own dollars for that meal.

;)

Was just going to ask the same question myself!

My DH used to do dinner theatre -- one of the summer shows was held in a restaurant designed to look like the inside of a ship. It sold out every single night (the same exact show was running in another room, and it only sold out on half the nights), and that was just dinner theatre.

Yup, this idea would make oodles of money for WDW.

More variety in kids meals at table service restaurants.

Totally agreed. I want my kid to not be a picky eater at all. This will be hard at Disney. Like even in the World Showcase, all they have on the kids menus are the same chicken strips with fries -_-

This is a great thread and one in which Disney should read....free marketing info!

I love the ideas on here....especially stronger perks for staying on site....better character meals for boys...and my DS age 14 would also pay out of his own pocket for a character meal auto signing with Capt Jack Sparrow.

I am also in agreement regarding the dining plan...go ahead and charge more...but bring back the appetizer added option....or for that matter let a TS include an entree, drink, and either appetizer or dessert.

Have a few characters in the lobbies so that the kids can be entertained while I wait on the check in line...even with online check in.

Figure out a way to accomodate more diners at the most popular locations....and don't jam in more tables though....or come up with more unique experiences for those to try.

Illuminations and Wishes cruises.....let people book who don't want the whole boat...don't mind sharing...for example...book 2 families.

Use the liberty boat and offer character cruises....for example....9am princesses.....9:30 am....toy story......10:00 am POTC....you get my drift.... make it first come first serve or take reservations for it....if the numbers were limited and my family could see...say all five characters in the course of the boat ride....I'd even pay for it.....

I love everyones ideas. I would love to see something at the parks like the refillable mug for resorts. A refillable mug for the parks would be be great. now-a -days most resturants give you free refills on soda. Why can't disney offer that.

And by the way, are all the hamburger buns id WDW whole wheat? I'm sure this has been done to death, but why are they pushing whole wheat on everybody? I never buy white bread, but when I eat a burger I want it on a big squishy white bun! Give us nutritional options, but let ME make the decisions about my kids diet when I'm on vacation.

How about a "perk" for those who visit the area a LOT and stay ON PROPERTY each time they come, like ME for example! I have 45 visits under my belt, and go at least 4 times a year and stay on property each time!:thumbsup2 I also like the Free or reduced rate of the Park hopper idea and Fastpass idea. :thumbsup2 I took a survey on line a few weeks back, and the question was: If you are a Passholder, would like a free ticket to MNSSHP or MVMCP and I was a YES for that!:woohoo: Seriously, I have been visiting non-stop for 12 solid years, and I deserve something for that!:laughing:

Use the liberty boat and offer character cruises....for example....9am princesses.....9:30 am....toy story......10:00 am POTC....you get my drift.... make it first come first serve or take reservations for it....if the numbers were limited and my family could see...say all five characters in the course of the boat ride....I'd even pay for it.....
That's a great idea - and could be a money maker, as the OP requested.

They could also serve food aboard ("sunset meal cruise") or even have concerts aboard - again, all with the idea of charging extra for it. The boat seems to run a fairly limited schedule and isn't very popular anyway...

My DH and I are both "pooh sized" adults and we are having a hard time finding disney clothing for our trip in May. The kids are on the skinny side so no problem there.

I've asked for advice on the best stores on property and other large adults are having a hard time finding t-shirts and such at WDW.

Hello Disney. Unfortunately, but realistically, Americans are getting larger. Plus size shoppers are used to paying more for the same items. Please give me some options and take my $$$.

Mine is to allow parties less than 8 to attend a Grand Gathering event and charge more. I'd probably pay up to $10 more to do the Magical Fireworks Voyage. We're a party of 8 that isn't a party of 8 due to a 2 year old. :(

Was just going to ask the same question myself!

My DH used to do dinner theatre -- one of the summer shows was held in a restaurant designed to look like the inside of a ship. It sold out every single night (the same exact show was running in another room, and it only sold out on half the nights), and that was just dinner theatre.

Yup, this idea would make oodles of money for WDW.

Seems like a dinner theatre restaurant would be a fantastic idea! Let's see, PoTC, Dinner, Theatre...what's not to love? The could call the restaurant...The Black Pearl...this is all too easy of a winning idea for WDW. It would be a great counter to Cinderella's Royal Table

One suggestion I had that has not been covered yet is to allow people to hop on their last day staying on property with a standard ticket. I don't see the harm in this and theres a chance they'll stay in the parks longer and spend more money.

Another idea is to give return guests AP discounts like Florida residents. Surely Disney does not expect every Florida resident to buy an AP so this is a wasted perk except for a few locals. But there are some of us that live close enough we could squeese another visit or two in if we had an incentive.

My DH and I are both "pooh sized" adults and we are having a hard time finding disney clothing for our trip in May. The kids are on the skinny side so no problem there.

I've asked for advice on the best stores on property and other large adults are having a hard time finding t-shirts and such at WDW.

Hello Disney. Unfortunately, but realistically, Americans are getting larger. Plus size shoppers are used to paying more for the same items. Please give me some options and take my $$$.
From one pooh size to another,shopping can be a little tricky but you can go online at Disney shopping,or If and when you are down at WDW the shops usually have a plenty of selection In sizes.

They've been trying to make a boys' meal for a while now. When Hollywood and Vine was getting a character meal, we were all told it was going to be Pixar-themed. It changed at the last minute.

The characters don't walk around unattended anymore because it's too dangerous.

I know it's easier to refer to it as a "boys" character meal or a "boys" activity, but really, there are plenty of girls (my DD8 included!) who are not interested in fairies or princesses, or going and getting her makeup and hair done. She loves epic adventures, battles between good and evil, heros and villains. She loves pirates, dragons, quests, and a good story with a great plot that involves saving something or someone, especially if a battle has to be fought. Maybe we can call them "adventure" activities? And I second everyone's opinion about them. My daughter would pay from her own pocket to be with the characters from Cars, Monsters Inc., Pirates of the Caribbean, and the Invisibles over the princesses. Last time we did a princess meal, she was more interested in being in a castle than in meeting princesses. Castles meant adventures! Bring on more adventures for the kids!

Agree with many suggestions here ESPECIALLY the boy themed ones...

I really don't know if I agree about adding WALL-E right away, it is expensive to change so often...but I mean, come on...Star Wars, Pirates...those have stood the test of time...

About the dining plan...I DO NOT agree about adding tips. I think people should have to work for their tips. I do think that suggesting 18% tip at a buffet breakfast is a little over the top.

I think there should be a middle plan between basic and deluxe. Basic is just not quite enough for some people and deluxe is too much. I would have purchased a plan that included 2 CS, 1 TS and a snack. Or even 1 CS, 1 TS and 2 snacks and the mug (this would mean I wouldn't have to worry about bringing so much food with me for breakfast). OR keep the basic at 1 CS, 1 TS and cancel the desert at CS, then add 1 extra snack (2 total) and the mug and maybe charge $2 more/day. This way, I could eat a cinnamon roll/cereal bar and some milk at the resort for breakfast and then still have two meals and a snack for the day (so no groceries to hassle with).

-- make the deluxe plan cheaper ($71/night is A LOT of money!) and include just 1 CS meal, 2 TS meals, 1 snack (no mug or extra snack...do you really need 2 snacks and a mug if you have 3 meals and a snack already?)--and make it a choice between app and dessert, not both-make it like $55-60/night

Oh, and I don't want to pay more for appetizers on the plan...but would love the choice! It would be great with 4 adults to order 4 drinks, 2 appetizers, 4 entrees, and 2 desserts and share!
People also complain about the kid choices for food...it is Disneyworld-revamp this-this should be about the kids! I just took my 2 year old to Medieval Times and chose to pay for his seat, his seat was $12 cheaper than everyone else's, yet he got the EXACT same food and same portion! (they didn't bring him out a pb&J and 2 carrot sticks :rotfl: )

Also, the dinner shows...I understand that they cost more and you get free alcohol, but we don't drink, so that value is totally wasted on us, it really makes the dinner shows too expensive.

Agree with many suggestions here ESPECIALLY the boy themed ones...

I really don't know if I agree about adding WALL-E right away, it is expensive to change so often...but I mean, come on...Star Wars, Pirates...those have stood the test of time...

About the dining plan...I DO NOT agree about adding tips. I think people should have to work for their tips. I do think that suggesting 18% tip at a buffet breakfast is a little over the top.

I think there should be a middle plan between basic and deluxe. Basic is just not quite enough for some people and deluxe is too much. I would have purchased a plan that included 2 CS, 1 TS and a snack. Or even 1 CS, 1 TS and 2 snacks and the mug (this would mean I wouldn't have to worry about bringing so much food with me for breakfast). OR keep the basic at 1 CS, 1 TS and cancel the desert at CS, then add 1 extra snack (2 total) and the mug and maybe charge $2 more/day. This way, I could eat a cinnamon roll/cereal bar and some milk at the resort for breakfast and then still have two meals and a snack for the day (so no groceries to hassle with).

-- make the deluxe plan cheaper ($71/night is A LOT of money!) and include just 1 CS meal, 2 TS meals, 1 snack (no mug or extra snack...do you really need 2 snacks and a mug if you have 3 meals and a snack already?)--and make it a choice between app and dessert, not both-make it like $55-60/night

Oh, and I don't want to pay more for appetizers on the plan...but would love the choice! It would be great with 4 adults to order 4 drinks, 2 appetizers, 4 entrees, and 2 desserts and share!
People also complain about the kid choices for food...it is Disneyworld-revamp this-this should be about the kids! I just took my 2 year old to Medieval Times and chose to pay for his seat, his seat was $12 cheaper than everyone else's, yet he got the EXACT same food and same portion! (they didn't bring him out a pb&J and 2 carrot sticks :rotfl: )

Also, the dinner shows...I understand that they cost more and you get free alcohol, but we don't drink, so that value is totally wasted on us, it really makes the dinner shows too expensive.

Good suggestions. My DD is pretty sick of the kids' meals -- not the type of food she would ever eat at home on a daily basis (she fell in love with Golden Corral because she got mini tomatoes and steak), and it's pretty disappointing that the TS restaurants seem to have the least variety for kids (which is why we have been avoiding them) Good point about the alcohol -- I didn't know that. Since we would probably drive to the dinner shows, I'm not thinking we would be partaking either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter