• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Hula's Magical Pin Switch 1-21 MERGED

Just to clear up a few things people have said here:

Hula did not plan on the event being a ride through.

If she had intended for it to be a ride through, she would have set the room up so that you could not go anywhere BUT to the start, as she did at the very end.

She is fighting bronchitis. Instead of having no trade event at all, Hula decided to open the room as a "come say hi, visit a while, get treasure magic" event.

People who hung out for an excessive amount of time were very nicely encouraged to go through the teleporter to make room for others.

And for anyone who is wondering, since there seem to be some implications throughout this thread: I had a lucky click and was among some of the first in the room. I stayed for a short visit and on my way out was invited to stay and help move people through the room.

Feel better soon Hula! Thanks for the treasure finder magic!

yes you would have made it through the ride.. PPl who were in queue and not there with a vmk pass are still riding through. remember that my sister is having fun being stuck in hula's second room. She is watching the ppl ride by her.

I spoke to a few friends who were trying to use vmk passes got the error message. One friend was down to #1 in queue and got error when clicking to go into room

Edited for an oops

Folks, if you get in the room don't be confused by the fact that it's roped off and nobody is there. Step up on the Alice ride start you see in front of you; the porter will take you to the prize room.

Just to clear up a few things people have said here:

Hula did not plan on the event being a ride through.

If she had intended for it to be a ride through, she would have set the room up so that you could not go anywhere BUT to the start, as she did at the very end.

She is fighting bronchitis. Instead of having no trade event at all, Hula decided to open the room as a "come say hi, visit a while, get treasure magic" event.

People who hung out for an excessive amount of time were very nicely encouraged to go through the teleporter to make room for others.

And for anyone who is wondering, since there seem to be some implications throughout this thread: I had a lucky click and was among some of the first in the room. I stayed for a short visit and on my way out was invited to stay and help move people through the room.

Feel better soon Hula! Thanks for the treasure finder magic!

ok now tell these combative peeps I didnt stay in there LOL

yes you would have made it through the ride.. PPl who were in queue and not there with a vmk pass are still riding through. remember that my sister is having fun being stuck in hula's second room. She is watching the ppl ride by her.

Edited for an ops

well anyway I was right I did not make it in now I will now for next time if ever it happens again and the fact hula is ill or not doesnt really change what I am thinking, when you are in a host room dont last in the room, that is cool hula opened her room bc some ppl make it in but it could have been even better (bc i was not even 40 no from being in the room with the pass), and being ill why did she not make it just simply a direct teleporter (bc it was more work for her the way she did) ?

But i am not expecting answer from anyone.

That's awesome that Hula left the ride there so everybody could get a treasure magic!

Thanks Hula!!

I spoke to a few friends who were trying to use vmk passes got the error message. One friend was down to #1 in queue and got error when clicking to go into room

Edited for an oops

yeah i got an error message from using the pass. Next time i will wait in the queue, i guess. I will probably have a better chance of getting in.

That's awesome that Hula left the ride there so everybody could get a treasure magic!

Thanks Hula!!

I wasn't able to get it though, (sigh), oh well maybe next time.
So was it only open still for those without the pass? i am still kinda confused.

I think people need to stop giving Hula a hard time. Seriously. Well all know she was in VMK on time (due to the fact her winter room opened hehe) and yes the pin trade room was open a few minute behind schedule, most likely because of the same lag we all had.

And yes people were sitting there talking to her. Why? Because the room was switched from pin trading to a talk and ride through. People complain when it is a ride through and are 'rushed' through and there is no time to visit, people complain when there isn't enough pins given out. Make up your minds.

If Hula had wanted us all to run through she would have slapped down a porter in the doorway so we could all run through like a bunch of wild crazed TDM addicts that we are. Even so with everyones complaining I know for a fact that over 600 people made it into her room before she 'soft closed the room' (anyone waiting without a pass still made it in). My own kid was waiting in a line at 680 and he made it in. BTW he says thanks Hula and he won 5,000 credits Woot!

We all know she was feeling pretty ill today and you know what if I was her? I would have said the heck with it, called in sic, and canceled the event altogether. But thats not Hulas way. Sick or not she 'tried' to make you all happy and what does she get? More complaints once again. I for one feel bad for her and hope that you stop and think about it next time. Hula always tries to go above and beyond for us all.

Hula thanks for the great event and dear next time, call out sick, get back into bed, and get better soon. As hard as it may be we will all live without a TDM pin or anything else you decide to give out.

Get better soon Hula! :hug:

I wasn't able to get it though, (sigh), oh well maybe next time.
So was it only open still for those without the pass? i am still kinda confused.

I didn't have a pass so was still able to enter the room. I guess she only closed it for people who had the pass.

I didn't have a pass so was still able to enter the room. I guess she only closed it for people who had the pass.

Well your pretty lucky, i think next time i am not using a pass, lol. Thanks for the help.

Good News:
I got through to the room and got the magic

Bad News:
When I used the magic I found nothing lol :rotfl:

Well I don't care that I didn't get anything from the treasure because I'm so happy that I managed to get through to the room. Thankyou very much Host_Hula, you are a star :wizard:

Well your pretty lucky, i think next time i am not using a pass, lol. Thanks for the help.

I am going to do that too, never know that it would happen again, well anyway thanks hula since you still made some people happy (expect me but actually, I was happy to be in the winter wonderland room so I did not miss everything)

I think people need to stop giving Hula a hard time. Seriously. Well all know she was in VMK on time (due to the fact her winter room opened hehe) and yes the pin trade room was open a few minute behind schedule, most likely because of the same lag we all had.

And yes people were sitting there talking to her. Why? Because the room was switched from pin trading to a talk and ride through. People complain when it is a ride through and are 'rushed' through and there is no time to visit, people complain when there isn't enough pins given out. Make up your minds.

If Hula had wanted us all to run through she would have slapped down a porter in the doorway so we could all run through like a bunch of wild crazed TDM addicts that we are. Even so with everyones complaining I know for a fact that over 600 people made it into her room before she 'soft closed the room' (anyone waiting without a pass still made it in). My own kid was waiting in a line at 680 and he made it in. BTW he says thanks Hula and he won 5,000 credits Woot!

We all know she was feeling pretty ill today and you know what if I was her? I would have said the heck with it, called in sic, and canceled the event altogether. But thats not Hulas way. Sick or not she 'tried' to make you all happy and what does she get? More complaints once again. I for one feel bad for her and hope that you stop and think about it next time. Hula always tries to go above and beyond for us all.

Hula thanks for the great event and dear next time, call out sick, get back into bed, and get better soon. As hard as it may be we will all live without a TDM pin or anything else you decide to give out.

I guess i have been complaining alot:blush: . I'm sorry everyone about my complaining. Thank you for posting this, i will try not to complain as much anymore.
Get well Hula! I'm sure your room was amazing, even though i didn't have a chance to see it. Thank you so much for coming to work and doing this room even though you probably don't feel the greatest:sick: .
I too like Forever would probably stay home and not even want to get out of bed. Thank you for everything you do. I look forward to seeing your next room!

So there is no way 680 made it in. I was at 5 queue when it closed. I was in line at about 40 queue with 30 minutes before closing. So people were really holding up the game. I think it was selfish. It is the same people who get in week after week. Guessing their computers are of the better sort to get in so fast.

...when you are in a host room dont last in the room
If that is the type of room it is, it is okay to hang for a little bit. That's the idea behind a "come say hi and visit" room. Just don't stay too long so no one else can come in.
that is cool hula opened her room bc some ppl make it in but it could have been even better (bc i was not even 40 no from being in the room with the pass),
LOTS of ppl went through that room today. I am sorry you pulled a higher number than the number of ppl that made it through.

..and being ill why did she not make it just simply a direct teleporter (bc it was more work for her the way she did) ?
Obviously I don't know the complete answer to that question but my guess would be... To allow players to have some fun. People visited, took pictures, and got a chance to win something very cool from treasure finder magic.

But i am not expecting answer from anyone.
Hope the above helps. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter