• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Hula's Magical Pin Switch 1-21 MERGED

If that is the type of room it is, it is okay to hang for a little bit. That's the idea behind a "come say hi and visit" room. Just don't stay too long so no one else can come in.

LOTS of ppl went through that room today. I am sorry you pulled a higher number than the number of ppl that made it through.

Obviously I don't know the complete answer to that question but my guess would be... To allow players to have some fun. People visited, took pictures, and got a chance to win something very cool from treasure finder magic.

Hope the above helps. :)

Obviously you cant read so I wont even read what you wrote :) i am j/k actually http://disboards.com/showpost.php?p=22703970&postcount=197

So there is no way 680 made it in. I was at 5 queue when it closed. I was in line at about 40 queue with 30 minutes before closing. So people were really holding up the game. I think it was selfish. It is the same people who get in week after week. Guessing their computers are of the better sort to get in so fast.

I agree, it was selfish. I have one of those faster computers and it didn't help much when people are standing around talking. It is one thing to go in and say hi and ask a question and a whole other thing to just hang out. Especially when these people know, by reading the boards, that some are waiting somewhat patiently to get in.

Plus, I don't think people are giving Hula a hard time. It is the players that are standing around holding up the line.

Thanks to Hula for at least showing up when she wasn't feeling well. :thumbsup2

Do NOT get out of line. It is NOT a pin switch. It is a ride through.

I had a lucky click this morning and got right in. Hula explained we were going to do things a bit differently today. It's a pin ride through.

You do not have to give a pin. You go through the teleporter and get a pin. That simple.

Everyone gets the same pin.

pinswitch.jpg

Just to clear up a few things people have said here:

Hula did not plan on the event being a ride through.

If she had intended for it to be a ride through, she would have set the room up so that you could not go anywhere BUT to the start, as she did at the very end.

She is fighting bronchitis. Instead of having no trade event at all, Hula decided to open the room as a "come say hi, visit a while, get treasure magic" event.

People who hung out for an excessive amount of time were very nicely encouraged to go through the teleporter to make room for others.

And for anyone who is wondering, since there seem to be some implications throughout this thread: I had a lucky click and was among some of the first in the room. I stayed for a short visit and on my way out was invited to stay and help move people through the room.

Feel better soon Hula! Thanks for the treasure finder magic!

:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:
I'm sure its nice to get what your after once in a while

I can tell you first hand that ppl were still going through ride and getting their prizes up to atleast an hour after it closed. My little sister was glued to her seat watching the ppl ride by her. The last time I saw her and looked at the clock it was over an hour after it closed. So ppl that were still in queue were getting through. They didn't close it down as they usually do when time is up. They just took the room off the guest rooms list so nobody new could get in queue. I sure hope this info helps someone

So there is no way 680 made it in. I was at 5 queue when it closed. I was in line at about 40 queue with 30 minutes before closing. So people were really holding up the game. I think it was selfish. It is the same people who get in week after week. Guessing their computers are of the better sort to get in so fast.

I got in line with 1500 and eventually made it in. I think I was about 300 at 11:30 and just stayed in line. The room was roped off and empty but, there was a start piece that you could get on.

BTW you can get back in line even after getting a pass. You just select the room again and you end up in line where you were with your pass. Of course the room still needs to be open and you need to get into the same room you had the pass for. Works fine for single room Host events, but not as easy with multiple rooms during quests.

Hula may I say thank you for keeping your room open. Even though I crashed and my queue was super long, I thank for keeping it open so I could get in! :woohoo:

Here is a couple of cute pictures as to what happened with my sister. Maybe because I am related, I think they're cute. Show's Hula at her finest. So sorry she isn't feeling well.
LilpalHulastuckinroon.jpg

LilpalStuckHulaRoom.jpg

Well.. I was under pressure to quickly set up an account for her, knowing she would forget anything I created. Had to think of something quickly. She agreed to the title and there it was. I took a couple of other pictures too when she was stuck. She got so funny, thanking ppl for riding, hoping they would enjoy their magic and wishing them a magical day. So cute. I could hear her giggle while she typed it all.

BTW you can get back in line even after getting a pass. You just select the room again and you end up in line where you were with your pass. Of course the room still needs to be open and you need to get into the same room you had the pass for. Works fine for single room Host events, but not as easy with multiple rooms during quests.

Oh, that's really good info!! I coulda had my fix today if I'd known that! :rotfl:

She got so funny, thanking ppl for riding, hoping they would enjoy their magic and wishing them a magical day. So cute. I could hear her giggle while she typed it all.

That is TOO sweet!!! She ought to get an Honorable Host award!! :)

Just to clear up a few things people have said here:

Hula did not plan on the event being a ride through.

If she had intended for it to be a ride through, she would have set the room up so that you could not go anywhere BUT to the start, as she did at the very end.

She is fighting bronchitis. Instead of having no trade event at all, Hula decided to open the room as a "come say hi, visit a while, get treasure magic" event.

Hi Hula, hope you get better soon. I worked during the times of the pin switch so I could not say that personally. What a trooper (and a great person) to open your room for all the VMK players :) We glove ya !

Hula, Thanks for coming into work today even though you were sick. I hope you feel better. Putting the players in VMK before yourself was a very sweet thing to do.

Now that is the disney experience. Hula cared so much that we get some magic she when out of her way to have it happen.The extra pixie dust. Though very sad to here you are sick. Next time stay in bed cause we do not want you getting more sick then there would be no Hula pixie dust.

Get well and look after your self. Hugs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter