"I could care less about Disney" she said.....until she went once!

I just saw that you have a 30th coming up!!!!!! Mine is October so we are celebrating it at WDW when we are there!!!!!!!!!!!

How cool!!! :goodvibes

By the way, hope things get better for your brother...

My brother is in the Air Force... Got back from Afghanistan in January and looks like he is going back next January... :guilty: I hate it when he is overseas... He is in North Carolina now, and that is far enough!!

How cool!!! :goodvibes

By the way, hope things get better for your brother...

My brother is in the Air Force... Got back from Afghanistan in January and looks like he is going back next January... :guilty: I hate it when he is overseas... He is in North Carolina now, and that is far enough!!

Thanks, he had a rough time over there.....

DH is USAF too. He was supposed to go to Kuwait a few months ago but we had a few issues with our son and he was able to stay home. We have been lucky for the past few years. He has been able to get out of most deployments because of our son. He feels bad though each time someone else has to go in his place. If your brother ever needs a place to visit, we are in VA!!!!!

Thanks, he had a rough time over there.....

DH is USAF too. He was supposed to go to Kuwait a few months ago but we had a few issues with our son and he was able to stay home. We have been lucky for the past few years. He has been able to get out of most deployments because of our son. He feels bad though each time someone else has to go in his place. If your brother ever needs a place to visit, we are in VA!!!!!

I think it's great that he was able to stay for your son... Being with him is important...

He was suppose to be home for Christmas last year and one of his co workers was told he had to stay until January, well, his co worker has a wife and kids, so my brother volunteered to stay and let the other guy be home with his family... :lovestruc From what I hear, he got quite the hug from the guys wife once he made it home!!! And dinner from the guys Mom... :goodvibes

I think it's great that he was able to stay for your son... Being with him is important...

He was suppose to be home for Christmas last year and one of his co workers was told he had to stay until January, well, his co worker has a wife and kids, so my brother volunteered to stay and let the other guy be home with his family... :lovestruc From what I hear, he got quite the hug from the guys wife once he made it home!!! And dinner from the guys Mom... :goodvibes

That is great! I don't think we have ever had a holiday meal without a few "strays"!!! My mom always did it when we were growing up and now that i'm a wife I can see why she did it! Some of these guys are so far from home, they all deserve a great meal for the work they do!

That is great! I don't think we have ever had a holiday meal without a few "strays"!!! My mom always did it when we were growing up and now that i'm a wife I can see why she did it! Some of these guys are so far from home, they all deserve a great meal for the work they do!

My brother hates being so far away from home... :guilty: He misses the simple things too... Like me making him grilled cheese and chili... I have to stock up for when he comes home in June on leave...

When he was in Afghanistan my Mom and I both sent boxes weekly full of baked good and random stuff that he wanted, he shared with guys who's families didn't send stuff or a few of them didn't really have any family at all... It made my heart hurt for them... :sad1:

Sounds like a roller coaster of "no fun and games"!

My own son is hopefully going into the ROTC program this fall, barring he can pass his physical with his childhood asthma history, and we really hope he understands that it is likely he'll see combat, and likely it will change him forever. 19 years olds have a hard understanding what that means! :guilty:

It's good to hear your DB is improving.

DW had a cousin who was in the Marine back in the early 80s. Unfortunately, he never made it. He was killed at the Beirut bombing in 1983. Luckily, they were able to find his body and shipped it back to his hometown.

Sounds like a roller coaster of "no fun and games"!

My own son is hopefully going into the ROTC program this fall, barring he can pass his physical with his childhood asthma history, and we really hope he understands that it is likely he'll see combat, and likely it will change him forever. 19 years olds have a hard understanding what that means! :guilty:

That is so true. They think it's gonna be a great time "playing" Soldier. It doesn't hit them until it is 30 degrees out and they are hiding behind a dumpster taking fire! My brother was a "Gun-Hoe" type of Soldier. Reality hit him like a brick wall. I think that all yound people that enlist should talk to other young people who enlisted before them! It takes a special person to enlist in the Armed Forces while the country is at war. I just pray that he gets a better understanding of what it means!!!!!!!

It's good to hear your DB is improving.

DW had a cousin who was in the Marine back in the early 80s. Unfortunately, he never made it. He was killed at the Beirut bombing in 1983. Luckily, they were able to find his body and shipped it back to his hometown.

Topdog, I am so sorry for Mrs. Topdog's family's loss. I am greatful that her family got his body back though. Not everyone is that lucky. I truely believe that everyone in the military past and present is making the world a better place for my children. And I teach my children to be greatful to all of the soldiers who have died for their freedom. It is because of them that we get to live the lives we live!

Hi Rebecca! I'm glad to hear that your brother is getting the help he needs. I agree that it's sad that it took something so drastic for that to happen. I pray he's on the road to recovery and is able to find a career that suits him perfectly.

I hope you had a Happy Easter....sounds like a fun day at Busch Gardens! :thumbsup2 My son is headed to Virginia Beach on Friday for a band/chorus trip for school and they will be at Busch Gardens on Saturday. It's the same one, right? They are going to Colonial Williamsburg as well and competing in a music competition at Norfolk University. Should be a fun trip!

Hi Rebecca! I'm glad to hear that your brother is getting the help he needs. I agree that it's sad that it took something so drastic for that to happen. I pray he's on the road to recovery and is able to find a career that suits him perfectly.

I hope you had a Happy Easter....sounds like a fun day at Busch Gardens! :thumbsup2 My son is headed to Virginia Beach on Friday for a band/chorus trip for school and they will be at Busch Gardens on Saturday. It's the same one, right? They are going to Colonial Williamsburg as well and competing in a music competition at Norfolk University. Should be a fun trip!

Yup Missy, it's the same one! We are lucky enough to live less than 15 minutes from Williamsburg VA. That is awesome that he is coming down here. How come you aren't chaperoning?!?!?!?!

Colonial Williamsburg is amazing. If your son likes root beer tell him to buy some from bakery's in there. They make it onsite using the the same recipe the colonists used to use! It is great! I don't think I've ever been there without having some. It's great living here. I'm 5 minutes away from the Yorktown Battlefields, 15 from Busch and Water Country, and Colonial Williamsburg and 20 from Historic Jamestown!

Wish him luck for me at the competition! I'm sure he'll do great. Also, make sure he packs warm, its going to be 92 degrees here today!

Hi Rebecca I'm Tracy, I followed you from oregonmommyof2's PTR. There are a lot of us going to Pop around the same time.

Your children are beautiful. Please thank you family for serving our country and thank you for taking care of a soldier.

I loved reading about your first trip. Wishes is one of my favorite things in all of WDW.

I am so sorry to read about your brother's problems. It is horrible that he wasn't able to get an appointment when he got home. We need to make sure our veterans are taken care of and make sure they get counseling when they get back to us.

in some of our pictures you might get to see a Cabbage PAtch kid. It is a bald little boy that we had specially made for AJ. His name is Andy and he has matching scars. After his first surgery we contacted the CPK company and explained our situation. They custom made a baby for him and even painted on the first set of scars. They sent us some of the paint that they used so each time Aj has surgery Andy can have surgery too. I think it has been a great thing for him to have!

That is so wonderful for him to have that, it made me teary eyed to read that.

So sorry you had a bad experience at AK. I do hope you give it another try, the Festival of the Lion King and the Nemo shows are really good. Lion King can be a little loud, if AJ is still having problems with noises would he tolerate earplugs?

I can't wait to read more about your first trip and about the plans for the upcoming one.

Hey Rebecca, I didnt' realize you lived near DC. Did you know we're planning a Meet there on August 29 or 30th or Sept. 1st?? Woudl you want to join us??? Plans are still being made!

I would love to! I don't get up there often enough! As long as I have enough advance knowlege I can make arrangements for AJ. I won't bring him up.......he's hard to wrangle! Are other people planning on bringing kids? Well, keep me posted.....I was actually in DC a few months ago. I was on my way to take AJ to PA to see his grandma and I missed my exit!!!!!!!!:scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1: I ended up in the heard of DC trying to get the heck outta there! Stupid GPS! I'm pretty sure she got me lost on purpose!

I think it would be great to meet everyone. I always refer to the DIS as my imaginary friends!

I really don't know how many are bringing kids. I do know that we can't guarantee that there will be no margharitas. ;) But if that doesn't bother you, feel free to do whatever you need to to get you there.

I'll PM you the list of who are most likely to be there. I'm trying to set something up for sure through my sis. but some depends on when I buy my ticket for. I'm shooting for that Sunday, so the out-of towner's can be more likely to make it. Will definitely keep you posted! :goodvibes

I really don't know how many are bringing kids. I do know that we can't guarantee that there will be no margharitas. ;) But if that doesn't bother you, feel free to do whatever you need to to get you there.

I'll PM you the list of who are most likely to be there. I'm trying to set something up for sure through my sis. but some depends on when I buy my ticket for. I'm shooting for that Sunday, so the out-of towner's can be more likely to make it. Will definitely keep you posted! :goodvibes

Just let me know as soon as you have a date! I'll try my best to be there!

So as all of my loyal imaginary friends know I had a breast reduction on March 4th. I went to the DR yesterday fearing an infection. Turns out Im just paranoid!!!!! I found out that a total of 1.2lbs were removed from each side. BUT......I have a total weight loss of 13lbs! That means that in 1 month I've lost 11lbs on my own!!!!! I am in shock. I dont feel like i've lost it but I weighed in on the same scale as before so I know it's right.

So, we have major A/C issues in my house. We are in base housing. This week we've had 90 degree weather and it has been dreadful. The unit worked but was leaking. When they built our house they neglected to run the condensation line outside. We are in a handicap unit. This is going to be our 3rd summer in this house and they dont believe they can fix the problem. They are going to come in next week to see if it is possible. If it is they will replace our entire carpet within 2 weeks. If not we will be moving. I am hoping for the move. We qualify for a 4 bedroom due to Rank. Our hope is that they will condemn out unit and we will move into a bigger 4 bedroom....with a garage. That would be the best case senario. So pray to whatever God you believe in that this works out! We need this. A 4 bedroom would allow for my brother to have a room to come home to and a door to shut!

I promise to post an actual WDW update eventually. It is in the works. We are in the process of figuring out our ADRs right now. We are 6 weeks away from booking. Here is what I know for sure:
~We want to do lunch at the Sci-Fi Cafe~just for fun
~1 character breakfast, not sure which one yet.
~Dinner at Whispering Canyon....hello skillet!
~Dinner at Coral Reef
~We are doing Spirit of Aloha for sure.....I'm diggin the Island Vibe
~I'm not sure what else we want to do. These are just the ones that we have all agreed on. We know we are doing T-Rex the night we get to WDW.

As for counter service, I think we are just going to wing it. We plan on having breakfast in our room most of the time. We are big cereal and bagel people so it would be a waste to use too many meal credits for breakfast!

So, thats it for now. I have 19 lbs to go to hit my goal weight before November. Once I get healed up again, I will hit the gym!!!

peace out homies!

Hey Pyrate!!! Dude, 13 POUNDS!!!?? You rock!!

I can't even believe that! Way to go!

Bummer on the potential move/ non-fixing the A/C problem. That stinks!!
Hope they can fix it- moving is a huge pain in the butt!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter