I have to wait HOW LONG to go back to Disney?!!!!

Got the link from when you posted on my pretrippie. sorry it's taken me so long to get over here. Btw, your daughter is really cute! Right, now lots to comment on.

Things we have never done-I left out restaurants and characters that we are not interested in:
Tried a Dole Whip!
Never eaten at Cinderella’s Royal Table
Indiana Jones Stunt Show
One Man’s Dream
Dine with the Princess in Norway
Illuminations-technically we were there during Illuminations in Jan but we didn’t really see it.
Maharajah Jungle Trek
Met Pocahontas

Ok, I picked my faves of the list you had. Dole whips I wasn't sure about but I LOVED it...and I'm a fussy eater. I enjoyed eating at CRT. Akershus was better but CRT is in the castle. Indiana SS is amazing, one of my faves. One Man's Dream I loved as a disney fan (or Walt fan) but not sure how your daughter would do with it. Fun to see all the exhibits though. Maharajah is the better of the two treks in my opinion - the tigers are great. As for meeting Pocahontas? She's a must. She's my fave character so I couldn't miss her. We normally meet her in Conservation Station but I hear she's in Camp M&M now too.

Picture113.jpg

oooohh, where is that?

oooh, now I have a blackberry and I'm assuming these are Iphone. But my travelling companion has an ipone. Where did you find these apps?

I've never been, but Beaches & Cream is there somewhere and that's the place that has the "kitchen sink" ice cream mountainesque conglomeration.

Beaches and Cream is awesome!!

Possibly something in EPCOT or maybe Ohana, Rainforest Cafe or Boma.

I really liked Boma. Not been to Ohana but Boma was great!

often think that, too -- I write, and think, "well, somebody's looking, but I guess I'm too boring to comment about...: FAIL." :rotfl2:

Have that feeling myself on mine. I just keep rambling on and on :)

I spent some time on the Creative DISigns board checking out the autograph books people have made. I love the idea and think it would make a great souvenir. So... I'm going to attempt to create one. :cool1:

And they look FABULOUS! Well done.

That's a really cool idea! Unfortunately for me, my DD is too old to really want anything like signatures or scrapbooks...she has no interest in putting stuff like that together anymore! :sad2:

Too old? I'm nearly 34 and I've done autograph books for my two friends ;)

Is this your dog? My dogs used to love playing in the snow too. Cats...not so keen.

weight loss--I am in the same boat! I am working on losing before visiting the Mouse. :thumbsup2

With you on that...although doing badly at the mo, which is totally my fault.

Ok, think I've caught up!

:welcome:party:

As for meeting Pocahontas? She's a must. She's my fave character so I couldn't miss her. We normally meet her in Conservation Station but I hear she's in Camp M&M now too.!

We've never met Pocahontas! We are going to have to track her down this year.

oooohh, where is that?

It's in HS. Somewhere in the streets of america.

oooh, now I have a blackberry and I'm assuming these are Iphone. But my travelling companion has an ipone. Where did you find these apps?

Yes, I have an iPhone. All of them are in the app store. Search "Disney" and you will find tons.

Is this your dog? My dogs used to love playing in the snow too. Cats...not so keen.

That's one of my fur babies. His name is Mojo and he's a 3 year old Great Dane. He got sick of the snow fast but my German Shepherd LOVED it. :lmao:

Hello everyone! :wave2:

I have a few small updates:

1. I was able to move our BBB appt on our first day from 11:30 to 12:30. :woohoo: Now we won't feel as rushed. The guys can still leave at 11:30 if they want. More girly time. :cool1:

2. I also made an appointment for the Pirates League for Weds. DD has been into dress up lately so I think she would enjoy it. She is more of a princess than a pirate. Hopefully, they can make her a pretty pirate. princess: I can't find much information about the Pirate's league. Has anyone done it?

3. I GOT OFF OF WORK ON FRIDAY!!! I had to really negotiate to get some co-workers to cover for me. So now we can leave when we want. We are considering two options:

1. Leave GA at 5:00 AM so DD will sleep for the first part of the drive. Arrive in WDW about 1:00. Go to DTD to shop and eat. Then pick up a few groceries before we check in to the rental house. Hang at the rental house until bedtime.
  2. Wait till after rush hour and leave GA at 8:00 AM. Plan to stop several times on our way down there. Arrive at WDW between 3-4 and pick up groceries before we check in to the rental house.

I'm leaning toward leaving at 5:00. I'll be up by then anyway. :lmao:

4. I may have mentioned it before but we have not talked to DD about the trip since the initial planning. At the time, we had about a year to go and it was too long for DD to wait. Occasionally, we will say "One day when we go to Disney...." or something like that. So she knows we will go one day but not when. We are considering surprising her the day we leave. She is not the type of kid to ask too many questions and she goes with the flow. So, we need to find a way to surprise her. I think we should tell her the day we leave but DH mentioned a few days before. But I worry that a few days can feel like eternity when you are 5. :) Anyone have experience?

5. One last thing. Ever since we adjusted our MK plans to include some girl only time, DH and I have been talking about finding some time for just him and I. Should be spend some time in a park or just go to dinner? Which park would be best for a couple?

I'm glad you were able to find some extra girly time. Hopefully, she likes the pirate league too. We have not surprised our kids with a trip before. I would be horrible about keeping Disney secrets. I can't help but talk about the next trip.

I would say do both. Plan a dinner for you and DH at a restaurant in Epcot. You can then spend the evening strolling through World SHowcase.

YAY on the extra time to travel when you originally wanted to.

I would say do both. Plan a dinner for you and DH at a restaurant in Epcot. You can then spend the evening strolling through World SHowcase.

That sounds nice! :lovestruc

As strange as it sounds, I might be leaning toward AK. I think the park will be open till 7. We could use some Everest or Dinosaur FPs from that morning and maybe explore one of the trails.

We've never met Pocahontas! We are going to have to track her down this year.
Good luck. I've met her several times and she's always been lovely :) .

It's in HS. Somewhere in the streets of america.

Thanks, I'll have a look for it. Photo opportunity!

Yes, I have an iPhone. All of them are in the app store. Search "Disney" and you will find tons.

I'll get my friend to have a look. I've got a Blackberry instead

That's one of my fur babies. His name is Mojo and he's a 3 year old Great Dane. He got sick of the snow fast but my German Shepherd LOVED it. :lmao:

LOL I love them. Used to help out at an animal shelter...and had four dogs of my own once. Fur babies are the best and he at least looked like he had some fun. My cats are house cats but I took my kitten (he's 1 but like a kitten) out to see the snow. I held on to him and he thought it was great until about 5 flakes landed on him then he decided he didn't like it after all :lmao: One of my old dogs used to come back in looking like the abominable snowman cause it would all stick to her fur. :rotfl:

Hello! I am glad you were able to get a BBB you are happy with and fits with your ideal schedule. Such a great thing--gal time at Disney!! Pirates League--how cute! I will be looking forward to reading about what DD thinks of it. :goodvibes: Hmm...:scratchin: I would want to leave at 5:00 a.m. too to have a greater chance of DD sleeping the first part. No experience in surprising someone with a trip to Disney. You know your daughter best--it may be best to tell her a few days in advance, just so you can pack without having to hide it? :confused2: Hmm, date night: I would say a nice dinner and a walk around a resort OR a night in Epcot would be our choices. Both IMO would be nice options! :idea:You could go eat a nice dinner than watch Wishes from the POLY beach if it works out during your stay as another idea.

All very exciting updates! For some couple time, you could pick a restaurant that you and your husband think sounds good but your DD wouldn't like. The World Showcase idea sounds fun too. Good luck!

LOL I love them. Used to help out at an animal shelter...and had four dogs of my own once. Fur babies are the best and he at least looked like he had some fun. My cats are house cats but I took my kitten (he's 1 but like a kitten) out to see the snow. I held on to him and he thought it was great until about 5 flakes landed on him then he decided he didn't like it after all :lmao: One of my old dogs used to come back in looking like the abominable snowman cause it would all stick to her fur. :rotfl:

:lmao: Cats and snow do not mix. I wish I could volunteer at our animal shelter but I already collect too many pets that need a home. ;)

We had so much snow this year. All the animals surprised me with their reaction. My pig, Bacon Bits, loved it! Believe it or not, this is his happy face:

Picture155.jpg

My goats on the other hand, were mad:

Picture099.jpg

The last snow we had was really wet. This is what Scooter looks like normally:

This is what he looked like after playing in the snow :lmao::

029-1.jpg

Hmm...:scratchin: I would want to leave at 5:00 a.m. too to have a greater chance of DD sleeping the first part. No experience in surprising someone with a trip to Disney. You know your daughter best--it may be best to tell her a few days in advance, just so you can pack without having to hide it? :confused2: Hmm, date night: I would say a nice dinner and a walk around a resort OR a night in Epcot would be our choices. Both IMO would be nice options! :idea:You could go eat a nice dinner than watch Wishes from the POLY beach if it works out during your stay as another idea.

I'm leaning toward the 5am departure. I can cover some serious miles if DD and DH are asleep. ;) Everyone is suggesting EPCOT. I need to check out some EPCOT menus and make an ADR sometime this week before everything is booked. It might be fun to get snacks from several CS places though.

All very exciting updates! For some couple time, you could pick a restaurant that you and your husband think sounds good but your DD wouldn't like. The World Showcase idea sounds fun too. Good luck!

Thanks for the advice. I need to talk to DH and see where he would like to eat.

If you are going to be up anyway, I say leave at 5:00! The earlier, the better, when going to Disney! :) That only gives you more time in FL!

We surprised our kids with a trip last year. I can only speak for our family, but we probably won't be doing that again! :laughing: At least not the way we did, which was to not tell them until we were in the car, on the way, and only after about 3 or so hours. They were glad to be going, but sad that they had not told anyone or anything "goodbye" properly. The must be like their Mommy & need a little prep. time! :laughing:

Epcot Date Night sounds like fun!

We surprised our kids with a trip last year. I can only speak for our family, but we probably won't be doing that again! :laughing: At least not the way we did, which was to not tell them until we were in the car, on the way, and only after about 3 or so hours. They were glad to be going, but sad that they had not told anyone or anything "goodbye" properly. The must be like their Mommy & need a little prep. time! :laughing:

Unlike her Mommy, DD really lives in the moment. ;) I'm afraid if I tell her a few days before she'll say, "I have to wait two whole days! Can we go now instead?". I can't tell her the night before because DH will be at work plus she will never go to sleep. Packing without her knowledge is not a problem so I'm leaning toward just waiting and telling her on the way down there. I remember a lot of rest stops on I-75 in south Ga. Maybe we can stop at one of those and tell her. I know once she wakes up, she's going to want to know where she is going.

Everyone is suggesting EPCOT. I need to check out some EPCOT menus and make an ADR sometime this week before everything is booked. It might be fun to get snacks from several CS places though.

Well, DH and I took a look at the menus and talked about a romantic evening enjoying a nice dinner and stroll around the World Showcase. But....we decided it was not for us. :lmao: We are really big kids and we want rides! So instead we are going to return to either AK or HS on Tuesday or Thursday. :banana:Hopefully we can gather some FPs earlier in the day for RnRC, ToT, or EE.:) If not, we will wonder around and see what trouble we can get in.

We are really big kids and we want rides! So instead we are going to return to either AK or HS on Tuesday or Thursday. :banana:Hopefully we can gather some FPs earlier in the day for RnRC, ToT, or EE.:) If not, we will wonder around and see what trouble we can get in.

That will be lots of fun, too! I don't like to do any rides by myself...it's just more fun when someone is with you. Being able to have a night to do all the big rides you want with your DH: :thumbsup2!

Well, DH and I took a look at the menus and talked about a romantic evening enjoying a nice dinner and stroll around the World Showcase. But....we decided it was not for us. :lmao: We are really big kids and we want rides! So instead we are going to return to either AK or HS on Tuesday or Thursday. :banana:Hopefully we can gather some FPs earlier in the day for RnRC, ToT, or EE.:) If not, we will wonder around and see what trouble we can get in.

I am totally with you on this! DH and I are the same way! Especially this year with the baby, we will not be able to ride many rides together. If we had a night together we would spend it riding the thrill rides! :scared1:

It's funny -- I always want to spend more time at Epcot, but those rides are CALLING! :laughing: Epcot really is a 2 day park, but when and if it ever happens that you have time just to stroll, shop and enjoy, I would imagine it would be a favorite park of mine for that.

As for getting up in the morning. You all are going to think I am crazy, but when we get up early to drive for a long way for a vacation, I get everyone going at 3 am, and out the door by 3:30.

I know what you're thinking. "THREE a.m.???" Yes. BECAUSE. I LOVE to get out on the road when no one is even THINKING about getting out on the road. I make everyone take a nap in the afternoon and get to bed early the evening before, with everything packed and put in the car that can be done prior.

Adrenaline kicks in when the alarm goes off for 3 am. By the time the "early birds" are getting out to go to work, I have made EXCELLENT time getting out of their way...and when and if I hit some other city's traffic jam, my comfort is that I am a couple of hours ahead of what I might have been.

And when DD was little, she would sleep easier in the car seat from being up at that earlier time...don't know if that makes sense--!
:cutie:

Subbing!! We will be there the exact same time! So cool!! :cool1: I skimmed the first two pages when I saw your dates but now must get back to work :sad2: so I will go back and catch-up later! We will actually be there only June 5-June 10 but this is a "introductory" trip for my DH who totally surprised me by saying "Let's go to Disney World" (he was high from a NO Saints Super Bowl win the night before!! :rotfl2:) The kids and I have been but DH always has said "No Way!" So I am hoping for manageable crowds and decent heat!!

I am totally with you on this! DH and I are the same way! Especially this year with the baby, we will not be able to ride many rides together. If we had a night together we would spend it riding the thrill rides! :scared1:

It's just not the same riding with a stranger.:sad2: DH and I got to ride a few things together on our last trip with our neices and nephews. Call me weird but I thought it was romantic. :lovestruc

It's funny -- I always want to spend more time at Epcot, but those rides are CALLING! :laughing: Epcot really is a 2 day park, but when and if it ever happens that you have time just to stroll, shop and enjoy, I would imagine it would be a favorite park of mine for that.

As for getting up in the morning. You all are going to think I am crazy, but when we get up early to drive for a long way for a vacation, I get everyone going at 3 am, and out the door by 3:30.

I know what you're thinking. "THREE a.m.???" Yes. BECAUSE. I LOVE to get out on the road when no one is even THINKING about getting out on the road. I make everyone take a nap in the afternoon and get to bed early the evening before, with everything packed and put in the car that can be done prior.

Adrenaline kicks in when the alarm goes off for 3 am. By the time the "early birds" are getting out to go to work, I have made EXCELLENT time getting out of their way...and when and if I hit some other city's traffic jam, my comfort is that I am a couple of hours ahead of what I might have been.

And when DD was little, she would sleep easier in the car seat from being up at that earlier time...don't know if that makes sense--!
:cutie:

On our last trip we only had one day at EPCOT and we missed a lot. I could spend every evening strolling around EPCOT. :thumbsup2

3:00 AM! Yeah! Someone crazier than me. :lmao: I would much rather get on the road early. DH always laughs when the alarm goes off and I spring out of the bed like the house is on fire. Usually still tangled in the sheets. :rotfl2: We are lucky because DD can sleep anywhere. She will have no problem sleeping for a few hours in her car seat. DH usually falls asleep too and I drive trying to contain my excitement. :thumbsup2

Subbing!! We will be there the exact same time! So cool!! :cool1: I skimmed the first two pages when I saw your dates but now must get back to work :sad2: so I will go back and catch-up later! We will actually be there only June 5-June 10 but this is a "introductory" trip for my DH who totally surprised me by saying "Let's go to Disney World" (he was high from a NO Saints Super Bowl win the night before!! :rotfl2:) The kids and I have been but DH always has said "No Way!" So I am hoping for manageable crowds and decent heat!!

:welcome: Have you planned which parks for each day? Any ADRs? If you would like to share any of your plans, I would love to hear about them. Hopefully your DH will become a Disney lover. :) Have you ever been in June before? I know everyone has a different tolerance for the heat and crowds. Last year I learned that rope drop and a touring plan really help with the crowds. With only a few exceptions, we never waited more than about 15 minutes but we took full advantage of the fast passes. :thumbsup2 So the crowds didn't really affect us. The heat was HORRIBLE last year. We had a brief rain shower on the first day and then sunny skies the rest of the trip. I would have loved an overcast morning or an afternoon shower to help with the heat. The good news is that the Farmer's Almanac says June should be a few degrees cooler than average and normal rainfall. For a more accurate forecast, I asked DD's magic eight ball if we were going to die of heat stokes and it said "It is decidedly so". :scared1::lmao:

That is really scary about the magic eight ball…they are always right!!!:rotfl2:

The kids and I went for Spring Break last year and completely used rope drops and FPs. Looking back at the crowd pictures I took, I am still amazed that the longest we waited was 45 minutes for BTMR after Wishes and 30 min for IASW in mid-afternoon. I also used Touring Plans and that worked so well, that I am following the same pattern this year! The trip is a little different in what I would normally plan for just me and the kids. Originally we were going to S. Dakota but then DH changed our minds and of course we jumped at going back. We were planning a trip this Christmas with my parents but now that will probably be pushed to a different time. But you never know!

We live in MS so heat/humidity we are used to, although it is different in WDW. We had two days above 90 last year and it was hot but not unbearable. I am hoping that if the temps are around that (90/92) in June, we will survive. Plus we have ADRs in afternoons that will give us a break. My kids LOVE table service. Their only requests for this trip were Character meals (and they are both teens which totally surprises me!!:confused3) and Le Cellier. All of the ADRs are per their choosing and the trip is revolving around making it pleasant for DH and hopefully he will feel the magic!

We are doing 4 days, no PH or add-ons. My husband is retired from the military so we are taking advantage of the $99 tickets. Normally, I would do PH but I think with 4 days/4 parks, we will just focus on a park a day and then outside park stuff. This is my “plan” so far:

Sat: arriving mid-afternoon, DTD and relax at hotel in preparation for the next 4 days!!
Sun: Animal Kingdom (8am ADR at Tusker House and 7:35pm ADR at Whispering Canyon)
Mon: DHS (late lunch ADR at Sci-Fi) and that evening is wide open; this is a PM EMH for DHS but we will play it ear
Tues: Magic Kingdom (AM EMH) and late breakfast ADR at Ohana; we will probably take an afternoon break and head back for the parade and fireworks (I am kind of excited about the changes since we just saw Spectro and Wishes last year)
Wed: Epcot with late lunch at Le Cellier
Thurs: breakfast at Chef Mickey’s and then we are going to St. Augustine. My kids actually enjoy history and we will be staying on the beach. Plus this gives DH a “Disney” break

Sorry, a little long winded…I get overly excited when I talk Disney! :rolleyes1I plan to read your report tonight since it is my only non-soccer game night this week!! I can’t wait to really hear all of your plans!!

That is really scary about the magic eight ball…they are always right!!!:rotfl2:

The kids and I went for Spring Break last year and completely used rope drops and FPs. Looking back at the crowd pictures I took, I am still amazed that the longest we waited was 45 minutes for BTMR after Wishes and 30 min for IASW in mid-afternoon. I also used Touring Plans and that worked so well, that I am following the same pattern this year! The trip is a little different in what I would normally plan for just me and the kids. Originally we were going to S. Dakota but then DH changed our minds and of course we jumped at going back. We were planning a trip this Christmas with my parents but now that will probably be pushed to a different time. But you never know!

We live in MS so heat/humidity we are used to, although it is different in WDW. We had two days above 90 last year and it was hot but not unbearable. I am hoping that if the temps are around that (90/92) in June, we will survive. Plus we have ADRs in afternoons that will give us a break. My kids LOVE table service. Their only requests for this trip were Character meals (and they are both teens which totally surprises me!!:confused3) and Le Cellier. All of the ADRs are per their choosing and the trip is revolving around making it pleasant for DH and hopefully he will feel the magic!

We are doing 4 days, no PH or add-ons. My husband is retired from the military so we are taking advantage of the $99 tickets. Normally, I would do PH but I think with 4 days/4 parks, we will just focus on a park a day and then outside park stuff. This is my “plan” so far:

Sat: arriving mid-afternoon, DTD and relax at hotel in preparation for the next 4 days!!
Sun: Animal Kingdom (8am ADR at Tusker House and 7:35pm ADR at Whispering Canyon)
Mon: DHS (late lunch ADR at Sci-Fi) and that evening is wide open; this is a PM EMH for DHS but we will play it ear
Tues: Magic Kingdom (AM EMH) and late breakfast ADR at Ohana; we will probably take an afternoon break and head back for the parade and fireworks (I am kind of excited about the changes since we just saw Spectro and Wishes last year)
Wed: Epcot with late lunch at Le Cellier
Thurs: breakfast at Chef Mickey’s and then we are going to St. Augustine. My kids actually enjoy history and we will be staying on the beach. Plus this gives DH a “Disney” break

Sorry, a little long winded…I get overly excited when I talk Disney! :rolleyes1I plan to read your report tonight since it is my only non-soccer game night this week!! I can’t wait to really hear all of your plans!!

Your plans sound great! Don't worry about being long winded, I love reading about other peoples plans.:) AK is our backup plan on Sunday. Most likely we will sleep-in and enjoy the rental house and then see Fantasmic that evening but if it looks like F! may get cancelled from rain or if we don't feel like sitting around all day, we will be at AK. We are planning a Tusker House breakfast on Thursday. I am looking forward to this meal the most. It will be so cool to get into AK before it opens and be so close to Safari at 9:00. Do you know any tricks to finish your meal by park opening? Is an hour enough time to meet all the characters? This will be our first character breakfast. :lovestruc LOL, we are eating at Sci-Fi for lunch on our HS day. Have you ever eaten there before? At MK, is wishes being changed or just Spectro? Weds should be a great day for EPCOT and a wonderful finish to your Disney part of the trip. You are doing a lot of character breakfast meals. Do you prefer them or is that just how your schedule worked out? We :lovestruc St. Augustine too.

You never mentioned where you are staying. Onsite? Anywhere new?

I didn't mention where we were staying did I? Maybe it was a subconscience slip! I actually changed my mind last night. Slept on a couple of options and made the change this AM! We were staying at POP. It would have been our first time at POP. Then yesterday afternoon I got to thinking that we are getting a 40% military discount on the rooms so what if I upgraded? I wanted to go Deluxe but it added $800 where a Moderate only adds $250 :confused3 That is a huge difference. So we looked at CSR, POR/POFQ and Caribbean Beach. CBR just didn't appeal and CSR looks HOT, so we are now staying at POR.

We really liked Sci-Fi. The burgers and milkshakes are good and we really like the car tables and the hokie movies. It has a bad rap, but we enjoyed it enough to definitely go back! I am so excited about the 8am Tusker rezzies and then straight to Safari!! From what I can tell (based on what I have read) it should be right at rope drop when you finish unless you really linger. Since my kids are older, I am hopeful we will be right on time!:thumbsup2 The breakfast character meals were not by design, just happended. We did Ohana last year and DS LOVED it. :lovestruc Really good food!! I had considered Chef Mickey's on arrival night (we had supper last year there, good food) but I didn't want to be tied to anything in case we were tired from the drive. I wanted TH because I love Donald and Daisy :love: So in the end it was 3 character breakfasts. But ohana is at 10:30am so that will be more like brunch. And they wanted to end the Disney portion with Le Cellier which puts Epcot as the final day! Plus Touring Plans has Wed as a good day so that works!

I read your PTR and it's funny that reading your plans and 2nd guesses sounded so like me! I considered doing a PTR just to have decision making help!!:rotfl2: You have a great mix of down time and play time!! I really like the house! Also, Love the princess dresses :love:, the autograph book will be awesome, such a cool keepsake! and the pillowcases are too cool! Where did you get the iron-on patterns? My DD would really like that! Your DD is adorable! She looks like a little princess!

St Augustine: I went in 4th grade...long time ago. So I am excited to get to go back! Have you ever done Fountain of Youth? Everyone on Trip Advisor says it is a tourist trap. When I went in 4th grade we "peeked" through the fence! I'm torn because the kids want to go but I don't want to waste money if it is too touristy!

Wishes: this is what I found, looks like Wishes is gone until at least August 15 but the new stuff doesn't begin until June 6 so there could be a chance to see both Wishes and the new fireworks!!

Fireworks light the night over Magic Kingdom

What could be more summery than fireworks on a star-studded night? Magic Kingdom will treat guests to “Summer Nightastic Fireworks Spectacular,” filling the night sky with vivid colors and brilliant visual effects while whimsical music fills the air.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter