I have to wait HOW LONG to go back to Disney?!!!!

Hey, TinksThree, we'll be there at the same time, and we're taking two 13 yr old girls (one is my DD)...looks like you've got the teenage thing going, too! Congrats on staying at POR -- my best friend absolutely LOVES that resort.

You should start a PTR and give us more details! :thumbsup2

Hey, TinksThree, we'll be there at the same time, and we're taking two 13 yr old girls (one is my DD)...looks like you've got the teenage thing going, too! Congrats on staying at POR -- my best friend absolutely LOVES that resort.

You should start a PTR and give us more details! :thumbsup2

Perhaps I should! My biggest concerns have been 1) failure to keep up and 2) failure to keep people awake! It could be a good sleeping aid!! :rotfl2:

We do have the teen thing going. It is funny how WDW changes as your kids grow! You appreciate different aspects (and sometimes miss the "old")!! My kids keep asking to take a friend but I am trying to hold off until DS turns 18 and DD turns Sweet 16 and let that be their big gift since it is "important" birthdays. I will work it so it is prior to DS's actual birthday though! ;)

I didn't mention where we were staying did I? Maybe it was a subconscience slip! I actually changed my mind last night. Slept on a couple of options and made the change this AM! We were staying at POP. It would have been our first time at POP. Then yesterday afternoon I got to thinking that we are getting a 40% military discount on the rooms so what if I upgraded? I wanted to go Deluxe but it added $800 where a Moderate only adds $250 :confused3 That is a huge difference. So we looked at CSR, POR/POFQ and Caribbean Beach. CBR just didn't appeal and CSR looks HOT, so we are now staying at POR.

I think POR is a good choice. I'm going to miss staying onsite this trip. :upsidedow

We really liked Sci-Fi. The burgers and milkshakes are good and we really like the car tables and the hokie movies. It has a bad rap, but we enjoyed it enough to definitely go back!

I'm noticing a pattern. Everyone who enjoyed Sci-Fi seems to keep it simple with burgers and shakes. Also, I think having realistic expectations helps. We are going fo the airconditioned break and the atmosphere. As long as the burgers are not as nasty as the ones we had at ABC Commissary, I don't see how we could be disappointed.

I am so excited about the 8am Tusker rezzies and then straight to Safari!! From what I can tell (based on what I have read) it should be right at rope drop when you finish unless you really linger. Since my kids are older, I am hopeful we will be right on time!:thumbsup2 The breakfast character meals were not by design, just happended.

Perfect! I'm hoping DH can run and get FPs for Everest while we finish breakfast. :cool1: Last June we walked very slowly back to Safari (It was probably 9:15 by the time we got there) and the we still only waited 5 minutes. So I'm not too worried about rushing. The breakfast is perfect for us since my father would have trouble walking quickly all the way from the front of the park to Safari and I'm sure we will want to ride it first.

And they wanted to end the Disney portion with Le Cellier which puts Epcot as the final day! Plus Touring Plans has Wed as a good day so that works!

Sounds like you have a great plan. We considered EPCOT on Weds but it looked like a good day for the MK as well. DH didn't want to wait until Weds to visit EPCOT so we are going on Mon instead.

I read your PTR and it's funny that reading your plans and 2nd guesses sounded so like me! I considered doing a PTR just to have decision making help!!:rotfl2: You have a great mix of down time and play time!! I really like the house! Also, Love the princess dresses :love:, the autograph book will be awesome, such a cool keepsake! and the pillowcases are too cool! Where did you get the iron-on patterns? My DD would really like that! Your DD is adorable! She looks like a little princess!

Thank you! We loved our down time at the pool last June. It was so darn hot, we really needed a break.

I made the design using Photoshop and I bought some iron on transfers to print them on. I haven't actually done it yet but I'm sure I'll post pics when they are done. I am happy to attempt to make something for your DD, just let me know. There is a lot of inspiration on the Creative DISigns board.

St Augustine: I went in 4th grade...long time ago. So I am excited to get to go back! Have you ever done Fountain of Youth? Everyone on Trip Advisor says it is a tourist trap. When I went in 4th grade we "peeked" through the fence! I'm torn because the kids want to go but I don't want to waste money if it is too touristy!

I haven't been but heard it was lame by a co-worker. Of course, this is the same co-worker that said cruises are boring. :confused3

Wishes: this is what I found, looks like Wishes is gone until at least August 15 but the new stuff doesn't begin until June 6 so there could be a chance to see both Wishes and the new fireworks!!

Fireworks light the night over Magic Kingdom

What could be more summery than fireworks on a star-studded night? Magic Kingdom will treat guests to “Summer Nightastic Fireworks Spectacular,” filling the night sky with vivid colors and brilliant visual effects while whimsical music fills the air.

Thanks for the info. We are going to MK on the 5th and 9th. Hopefully we will be able to see both. ;)

I'll read your pre-trip report if you start one and I promise not to fall asleep. :goodvibes

In exactly two months from today we will be at the MK. I'm so excited. :cool1:

Sorry, I've been MIA! We went to the beach for Spring Break. It was so great. The weather was perfect all week and we had so much fun. We camped at Topsail Hill Preserve State Park :lovestruc and spent the entire week riding bikes, relaxing at the beach and pool and eating yummy seafood. Well, I ate seafood, the freaks I was traveling with don't like it. :confused3 Here are a few photos:

Is DD happy to be a the beach or what? :lmao::

0062.jpg

013.jpg

011.jpg

She must have gotten the iPhone gene from me. Yes, my 5 year old texts. :lmao:

180.jpg

TopsailHillPreserve065.jpg

050BandW.jpg

272.jpg

454.jpg

552.jpg

084.jpg

258.jpg

003.jpg

Now that we are back from the beach, I'm in full Disney mode!:cool1: And with less than 2 months to go, I'm getting more and more excited. :banana::banana: At 6 months out the trip always seems soooo far away but at two months it seems right around the corner. Especially with my long to do list. I make the final payment on the house this week and I'm planning to get our tickets about 4 weeks out. I need to order DD's autograph book, print a ton of stuff, and start shopping for the trip ASAP. :cool1: I'm happy to report that I cleaned up our guest bedroom/storage room and I got out the suitcases. I also took all the DW "stuff" I've been hiding out of my closet and organized it in the spare bedroom.

One more bit of good news. DD went to a spend the night party this weekend so I went to dinner with just my father and I. :love: He brought up the Disney trip and was talking about how excited he is :banana:. In my entire 31 years, I have never, ever, ever seen my father excited about a vacation. Normally, he complains about it for months before, has an OK time on the trip but then refers to it as the trip from h*** for months afterwards. The best news is that he told me he has been exercising and he is now able to walk 2 miles without needing an ambulance!!!!:woohoo: I'm so proud of him! I told him that I thought if he could walk 3 miles without being exhausted or sore the next day that he would survive Disney. Does that sound right to you guys? Remember that we are planning on keeping the walking to a minimum and not staying at the parks for more than about 3 hours. I've heard that people walk anywhere from 5-13 miles a day at DW. So, if he can walk 3 easily than he should be able to do 5 without hurting himself. Right?:confused3

I should have more updates comming soon. :banana:

First of all, those pictures of your daughter at the beach are amazing! What a beautiful little girl she is!:cutie: Congratulations.

And what's up with people not liking sea food?? I can live on it. Seriously. ;)More for us, I guess.

I know! Two months sounds pretty good, doesn't it? And the way the weeks are passing so fast we will all be at WDW in no time. :wizard:

And that is great your dad is excited about Disney. He should be! And that is so cute he is even trainning for it just like someone would train for a marathon. Oh wait. It is a marathon. :laughing:

Have a great week!

Q

Those beach pics are beyond precious! I love them all. She looks like she had an absolute blast. And I love that she texts! :rotfl:

I think POR is a good choice. I'm going to miss staying onsite this trip. :upsidedow

I'm noticing a pattern. Everyone who enjoyed Sci-Fi seems to keep it simple with burgers and shakes. Also, I think having realistic expectations helps. We are going fo the airconditioned break and the atmosphere. As long as the burgers are not as nasty as the ones we had at ABC Commissary, I don't see how we could be disappointed.

Perfect! I'm hoping DH can run and get FPs for Everest while we finish breakfast. :cool1: Last June we walked very slowly back to Safari (It was probably 9:15 by the time we got there) and the we still only waited 5 minutes. So I'm not too worried about rushing. The breakfast is perfect for us since my father would have trouble walking quickly all the way from the front of the park to Safari and I'm sure we will want to ride it first.

Sounds like you have a great plan. We considered EPCOT on Weds but it looked like a good day for the MK as well. DH didn't want to wait until Weds to visit EPCOT so we are going on Mon instead.

Thank you! We loved our down time at the pool last June. It was so darn hot, we really needed a break.

I made the design using Photoshop and I bought some iron on transfers to print them on. I haven't actually done it yet but I'm sure I'll post pics when they are done. I am happy to attempt to make something for your DD, just let me know. There is a lot of inspiration on the Creative DISigns board.

I haven't been but heard it was lame by a co-worker. Of course, this is the same co-worker that said cruises are boring. :confused3

Thanks for the info. We are going to MK on the 5th and 9th. Hopefully we will be able to see both. ;)

I'll read your pre-trip report if you start one and I promise not to fall asleep. :goodvibes

I am planning on sending my kids off for the FPs so I am thinking about heading to KS first and then after we finish there sending them towards EE for FPs and we can make our way over a little slower. I don't want to wear my husband out! Sunday I was playing with the app on our I-phone thinking with it being Easter Sunday how much worse could June 6th be?? And the crowd levels were "not too bad" so I am thinking maybe it will be manageable at AK that day. (I hope I didn't just jinx myself!):rolleyes1

The one thing I DID NOT like at Sci-fi was the cucumber/melon salad. I am not usually picky and I like both cucumbers and watermelon but that salad had a weird flavor. I also got the Reuban and it was okay but not great. I am going with the burger this time. Madison got that last time and it was good...and huge! The onion rings are good as well!!

I am seriously considering doing a "walk-by" of Fountain of Youth. I have heard nothing but negative reviews on it. My husband doesn't like cruises either...says there is nothing to do??? :confused3 And we stayed busy the whole time...some people!! :laughing:

I started a PTR. I am finding it a learning experience but I figured out posting pictures...so I think maybe I can get the hang of it!! :rotfl:

Your beach pictures are so beautiful!! I love photography and I am begging for a good camera!! And I can't imagine someone not liking seafood!! I could live on it if I had to!!

First of all, those pictures of your daughter at the beach are amazing! What a beautiful little girl she is!:cutie: Congratulations.

And what's up with people not liking sea food?? I can live on it. Seriously. ;)More for us, I guess.

I know! Two months sounds pretty good, doesn't it? And the way the weeks are passing so fast we will all be at WDW in no time. :wizard:

And that is great your dad is excited about Disney. He should be! And that is so cute he is even trainning for it just like someone would train for a marathon. Oh wait. It is a marathon. :laughing:

Have a great week!

Q

Thank you.:goodvibes I love taking photos. My job is technical so I love any chance to attempt to be creative. ;)

:lmao: It is a marathon. He is taking his training seriously. Mom says he even got a sweatband :rotfl:. Hopefully he won't wear it to the parks.

Those beach pics are beyond precious! I love them all. She looks like she had an absolute blast. And I love that she texts! :rotfl:

It was so nice to get away. I always forget how much I like the beach until I get there. DD is growing up too fast for me. :)

I am planning on sending my kids off for the FPs so I am thinking about heading to KS first and then after we finish there sending them towards EE for FPs and we can make our way over a little slower. I don't want to wear my husband out! Sunday I was playing with the app on our I-phone thinking with it being Easter Sunday how much worse could June 6th be?? And the crowd levels were "not too bad" so I am thinking maybe it will be manageable at AK that day. (I hope I didn't just jinx myself!):rolleyes1

The one thing I DID NOT like at Sci-fi was the cucumber/melon salad. I am not usually picky and I like both cucumbers and watermelon but that salad had a weird flavor. I also got the Reuban and it was okay but not great. I am going with the burger this time. Madison got that last time and it was good...and huge! The onion rings are good as well!!

I am seriously considering doing a "walk-by" of Fountain of Youth. I have heard nothing but negative reviews on it. My husband doesn't like cruises either...says there is nothing to do??? :confused3 And we stayed busy the whole time...some people!! :laughing:

I started a PTR. I am finding it a learning experience but I figured out posting pictures...so I think maybe I can get the hang of it!! :rotfl:

Your beach pictures are so beautiful!! I love photography and I am begging for a good camera!! And I can't imagine someone not liking seafood!! I could live on it if I had to!!

I think that will work perfectly for AK. There is always a huge group of people that go straight for EE fast passes at rope drop. The line will probably be shorter after you ride Safari. We found the single rider line at EE last year and it was pretty short. Check it out if you don't mind riding with strangers.

I got an Canon Rebel in Nov. 2008 and I love it! :lovestruc They were not willing to even try the seafood. ;) I heated up a box of frozen chicken nuggets in case DD wouldn't eat the fish. DD and I ended up enjoying the seafood while DH and DFL ate the nuggets. :confused3

:woohoo: for being under two months!! :woohoo: I cannot believe how quickly the time is flying by. Great pictures of your daughter at the beach! So adorable. Topsail, as in NC? We were there briefly last summer and I think this next summer we might go down for a short weekend visit. :cool1: for making the final payment on the house--I am really looking forward to how you like it. :yay: for your Dad being excited!! Epcot is 9 miles long, but that depends on how you walk it. Not sure on the other parks, but I would think 3 miles of continuous walking would be great. I convinced my DMIL to start walking again--she is doing much better than she had. My DFIL on the other hand, has done nothing to prep for Disney. I am a bit worried how he is going to handle it, especially given the hit and humidity. :confused3

I am kind of a late arrival - just now joining your PTR. We will be there June 7-15 so overlapping a little.

I love all the pics of your DD! She seems to have the biggest smile in every one! I love her Cinderella dress from last year too. I also collect princess dresses. ;) I have 2 DDs and they each have 3-4 plus one for BBB this year that they don't yet know about. :goodvibes

I look forward to the rest of your PTR!

Topsail, as in NC?

It's Topsail Hill Preserve in Fl between Destin and Panama City. The beaches are beautiful and that area is not crowded with condos and touristy stuff. But the campground is what makes the place special.

Epcot is 9 miles long, but that depends on how you walk it. Not sure on the other parks, but I would think 3 miles of continuous walking would be great. I convinced my DMIL to start walking again--she is doing much better than she had. My DFIL on the other hand, has done nothing to prep for Disney. I am a bit worried how he is going to handle it, especially given the hit and humidity. :confused3

9 miles!:scared1: Wow! I know there is no way we can do the WS and FW on the same day with my Dad in tow. We will either need to do EPCOT both Mon and Fri. or only go Mon but skip a ton of stuff. I'm torn because we loved the WS in Jan but when we went last June it was soooooooooo hot that we were miserable and it was one of my least favorite days. We were in the WS between 11-1 and we couldn't find a single character. It may have just been bad luck though. In Jan we saw tons of characters in the WS between 2-5 but I don't even want to think about how hot it will be then. I would love suggestions about our EPCOT delima. The must-do's are Spaceship Earth, Innoventions, Soarin' and explore at least some of the WS. What do you think? One day or two?

I am kind of a late arrival - just now joining your PTR. We will be there June 7-15 so overlapping a little.

I love all the pics of your DD! She seems to have the biggest smile in every one! I love her Cinderella dress from last year too. I also collect princess dresses. ;) I have 2 DDs and they each have 3-4 plus one for BBB this year that they don't yet know about. :goodvibes

I look forward to the rest of your PTR!

:welcome: You're under the two month mark now too!!! How old are your DDs? BTW, you can never have too many princess dresses. ;)

I look forward to checking out your pre-trip report.

Yes, 9 miles!! That Unofficial Guide to WDW w/Kids talks about getting your KIDS ready for that kind of mileage, too! I've started my family on going walks either every day or every other day -- I'm trying to run every other day, myself, but adding another walk in the day doesn't hurt! I mean, really -- how many times can you get yourself time in the day for even a 3-4 mile walk? It's almost impossible to get yourself to being used to walking that length of time!

There's a product you can buy from the sports stores that you put on your feet that makes them less prone to blisters...which I am prone to. I intend to find it and use it this year...but the book also mentions moleskin, for when you get a blister, anyway!

Yes, 9 miles!! That Unofficial Guide to WDW w/Kids talks about getting your KIDS ready for that kind of mileage, too! I've started my family on going walks either every day or every other day -- I'm trying to run every other day, myself, but adding another walk in the day doesn't hurt! I mean, really -- how many times can you get yourself time in the day for even a 3-4 mile walk? It's almost impossible to get yourself to being used to walking that length of time!

There's a product you can buy from the sports stores that you put on your feet that makes them less prone to blisters...which I am prone to. I intend to find it and use it this year...but the book also mentions moleskin, for when you get a blister, anyway!

You are so right. There is no way to "train" for DW unless you walk all day, every day. Well....actually my Mom is a Kindergarten teacher and chases 5 year olds all day so she will be ready.

I've heard of moleskin before but not the other product. The only problem we have had with our feet is wearing wet socks after water rides. DD has crocks but the rest of us only have tennis shoes and flip-flops. I am seriously condsidering wearing my flip-flops to the parks or bringing extra socks.

I thought I had posted recently, but I guess I was wrong. YAY for being under the 2 month mark.

After walking the first park on the first day, I am always a slight bit sore the next day. 9 miles around Epcot doesn't surprise me at all. I know you run around it to run the 1/2 marathon, and that's 13 miles. I normally bring more than one pair of shoes - normally three. That way I never wear the same shoes two days in a row. If I am doing a water ride, I wear shoes accordingly. Hopefully, all this running I have been doing will make me less tired/sore from all the walking we do.

Yeah for being under 2 months! :banana:

Your picturs of DD from the beach are beautiful! It looks like you had a great time! It is great that your dad is in 'training' for Disney. I made DH walk from my dad's house to a local ice cream place...not too far, maybe 1/4 mile, and he was moaning the whole time...more to bug me than really complaining, but I told him we are going to start walking more regularly to train for Disney! I walk/run regularly, so I think I am in pretty good shape for Disney. I have been taking DS for lots of walks in his stroller so he is used to riding in it. He is pretty happy in it, so that is a wonderful thing!

As for your Epcot delima, I say go for 2 days. Maybe come back and do the WS after a break at the house in the evening when it might be cooling off a little? If you don't make it all the way around, you can always take the boat back across to FW so you don't have to walk all the way around. Plus, there are pleanty of places to stop and grab a drink/snack around the World and take a break from walking. Hope that helps!

Hi fellow Georgian :wave: I just found your PTR today and spent an enjoyable morning reading about your plans. You have a beautiful daughter and I know she will be over the moon when you surprise her on the way to WDW.

We're headed down right before you for a 5 night stay at Universal and a short 2 night stay at AKV.

Hope you have a wonderful trip, I can't wait to read all about it.

I got an Canon Rebel in Nov. 2008 and I love it! :lovestruc They were not willing to even try the seafood. ;) I heated up a box of frozen chicken nuggets in case DD wouldn't eat the fish. DD and I ended up enjoying the seafood while DH and DFL ate the nuggets. :confused3

That is exactly yhe camera I have been looking at--Cannon Rebel. Is yours a DSLR?

Not even try the seafood...that is a travesty!! :rotfl2: I am proud of your DD though!! :thumbsup2

I thought I had posted recently, but I guess I was wrong. YAY for being under the 2 month mark.

After walking the first park on the first day, I am always a slight bit sore the next day. 9 miles around Epcot doesn't surprise me at all. I know you run around it to run the 1/2 marathon, and that's 13 miles. I normally bring more than one pair of shoes - normally three. That way I never wear the same shoes two days in a row. If I am doing a water ride, I wear shoes accordingly. Hopefully, all this running I have been doing will make me less tired/sore from all the walking we do.

My ankles are always sore. :confused3:lmao: I need to do a shoe inventory and make sure we have enough. The only problem is when the entire park turns into a water ride after an afternoon storm. I've been reading about your running on your PTR. I'm sure you'll notice a huge difference at DW.

Yeah for being under 2 months! :banana:

Your picturs of DD from the beach are beautiful! It looks like you had a great time! It is great that your dad is in 'training' for Disney. I made DH walk from my dad's house to a local ice cream place...not too far, maybe 1/4 mile, and he was moaning the whole time...more to bug me than really complaining, but I told him we are going to start walking more regularly to train for Disney! I walk/run regularly, so I think I am in pretty good shape for Disney. I have been taking DS for lots of walks in his stroller so he is used to riding in it. He is pretty happy in it, so that is a wonderful thing!

As for your Epcot delima, I say go for 2 days. Maybe come back and do the WS after a break at the house in the evening when it might be cooling off a little? If you don't make it all the way around, you can always take the boat back across to FW so you don't have to walk all the way around. Plus, there are pleanty of places to stop and grab a drink/snack around the World and take a break from walking. Hope that helps!

Hopefully your DH will get into the Disney magic and not even notice the walking (but better begin training just in case). Strollers for the little onces make all the difference. Not only do they not have to walk but he can have a snack or drink without everyone stopping.

My Mom says my Dad is so dedicated to his training that he's dropping the ball on everything else. :lmao: I keep picturing Rocky when he is going to fight the Russian and has to go away to the cabin in the woods so he can focus. "It's the eye of the tiger, it's the cream of the fight.Rising up to the challenge of our rival." :rolleyes1 Sorry got distracted for a second.

:thumbsup2 I forgot about the boat in the WS. That's our kind of ride. 2 days at EPCOT will probably what we decide. I really need a list of good places to stop, sit down and have an air conditioned break. Any ideas?:worship: Which shows can you sit down in?

Hi fellow Georgian :wave: I just found your PTR today and spent an enjoyable morning reading about your plans. You have a beautiful daughter and I know she will be over the moon when you surprise her on the way to WDW.

We're headed down right before you for a 5 night stay at Universal and a short 2 night stay at AKV.

Hope you have a wonderful trip, I can't wait to read all about it.

:welcome: and thank you.

I hope you have a wonderful trip too. Are you going to visit any parks while you stay at AKV? Will the Harry Potter world be open when you are at Universal?

That is exactly yhe camera I have been looking at--Cannon Rebel. Is yours a DSLR?

Not even try the seafood...that is a travesty!! :rotfl2: I am proud of your DD though!! :thumbsup2

Yeah. It's a DSLR. I don't know how I lived without it. :lovestruc They are pretty affordable if you can find one on sale. I got mine off Amazon. The lens that comes with the camera is not bad. I don't think you will be disappointed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter