I Just Got Spam By A Dis Member. But Lava Boy Saves the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Truly GREAT news! I felt optimistic on this one! Still do ;)

I spoke with Vince from Operations regarding this incident. While he couldn't go into much of the information, he stated that VMK will take action if this character has had repeatable offenses such as this in VMK. They are on the case!:thumbsup2

that's wonderful news! Now we know they are trying to do something about it!

;) Thanks for the update.... your Dis friends wil be all over this one!!!:hippie:

This is great news! I'm so happy that this case will be looked into. I hope the scammer gets appropriate punishment.

I spoke with Vince from Operations regarding this incident. While he couldn't go into much of the information, he stated that VMK will take action if this character has had repeatable offenses such as this in VMK. They are on the case!:thumbsup2

I hope they look at ALL the PEEPS under his IP... not just the two biggies... (if that is even posible)

I hope they look at ALL the PEEPS under his IP... not just the two biggies... (if that is even posible)

That may be what's taking so long to get rid of him. :)
I'm sure there's a long trail of scams involving all his characters. And there may be a lot of cross checking of IP's to see which IP's he's used as well.

I also hope they look carefully at any player who has gotten a nice one-sided trade with one of his characters. If he went into a Corner Bakery with free wifi and used a "clean" IP address to complete a few Ned pin for inferno trades, that new account should be roundfiled, too.

I'm glad to hear the update. However, I have seen him still on VMK laughing it up with his friends, about how "silly it is" that people think he's guilty. The best side of me wants to believe he is telling the truth, but I know he is not, and something should be done about it.

That may be what's taking so long to get rid of him. :)
I'm sure there's a long trail of scams involving all his characters. And there may be a lot of cross checking of IP's to see which IP's he's used as well.

I would say that is what is taking the longest ;)

Sorry to hear about the scam, what a shame. I have no idea who this person is but it sounds like this is a common occurance with this player. Maybe nobody should trade with them ever again to prevent this from happening again.

Sorry to hear about the scam, what a shame. I have no idea who this person is but it sounds like this is a common occurance with this player. Maybe nobody should trade with them ever again to prevent this from happening again.

It would be great if it were that easy, but unfortuantely the number of people on VMK vs the number of Dissers who are onto him greatly differ. :(

pixiedust:
Pixiedust to the mods and people working at VMK so they make the right decision on what to do with this poor soul. I think that he deserves the biggest sentence that a VMK'er could possibly get! Although I already feel that his punishment has begun by betraying lots on the DIS boards and many here losing their trust and friendship with him - to me that is a lot of punishment in and of itself. But if he is truly as heartless as I think he is, this is definitely not enough for him!

Truly Great news about them looking into it. I want this person banned.

Why dont they just delete his 2 main accounts?

And then block his IP. Then we at least know those 2 can never be accessed

Why dont they just delete his 2 main accounts?

And then block his IP. Then we at least know those 2 can never be accessed

Because he has lots of other characters and he knows how to change his IP. It wouldn't really solve the problem of him scamming people.

Because he has lots of other characters and he knows how to change his IP. It wouldn't really solve the problem of him scamming people.

As of yesterday he was still on his main account. I didn't report, because are we sure that he was banned? (We know he should be, but was he?) I don't want to get in trouble for sending in a false report if he's not really banned.

Glad they are looking into it but does it need to be repeatable to end up banned for this sort of action? As was mentioned, I can imagine it is taking time to deal with this all because of all the characters he made. Sadly how many more is he still scamming right now though because he isnt' gone? I do hope they delete every toon they can find of his. This way he won't have that stuff and even if he was to change the ip he would have nothing since they would be gone. I really hope though they take more action then this and make it so he is not allowed on at all. As well as anyone else who decides to try to be like that guy. :sad2:

That low life good for nothing piece of scum! Scammers you better watch it because you had your laugh, and now it's our turn. My brother was scammed of all his football clothes. I spit on people like that (ok not really but I will if that stops them.) Low lifes like that should burn and rot in forever burning flames. I can't tell you what I'd do if I knew that scum personally. But oh, I'd make sure that they wished they never scammed anyone!

Scammers feel the wrath of VanillaIceCream!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter