I Just Got Spam By A Dis Member. But Lava Boy Saves the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just hope that the reason he got banned was bc of scamming and not bc of the chat :sad2:

He was back on this morning in one of his rooms that was filled with buyables. He was laughing and telling everyone how poor he now is (he wore a pirate had and no rare clothes on.) I think he meant that he had traded all his rare to his other accounts in case he got banned. At one point he said he had been banned (must have been for just a couple of hours if he was) and that he thought it was funny, then later told someone else that it made him mad. He has a group of followers that were in and out of the room, a couple from Dis who were obviously still friends with him.

And I wonder what the las vegas odds will be for this young man ending up On America's Most wanted list. As one of those extremely talented con men.

I am sorry if you do this to this extent in a virtual game you must be doing it to some extent in the real world. I can not believe you can turn your conscience off that easily.

If he says "I don't care about a ban, it's just a game," his reason of thinking is probably "I don't care about scamming others, it's just a game."

If he says "I don't care about a ban, it's just a game," his reason of thinking is probably "I don't care about scamming others, it's just a game."

yes he did say that, and one of his accounts has been banned only for a month so i hear... this has been covered in the previous post(s)

I dont really think name calling is called for is it? I mean come on people lets all play nice on here :grouphug: Ilikethetitanic was just trying to inform everyone about the one month ban..

He was joking. ;)

Card was just being...Card. :lmao:

He was back on this morning in one of his rooms that was filled with buyables. He was laughing and telling everyone how poor he now is (he wore a pirate had and no rare clothes on.) I think he meant that he had traded all his rare to his other accounts in case he got banned. At one point he said he had been banned (must have been for just a couple of hours if he was) and that he thought it was funny, then later told someone else that it made him mad. He has a group of followers that were in and out of the room, a couple from Dis who were obviously still friends with him.

I thought VMK's rule was if your banned you are not allowed back on with another character, thus your circumventing there ban. Once again VMK is picking favorites and not applying the rules to everyone.

I thought VMK's rule was if your banned you are not allowed back on with another character, thus your circumventing there ban. Once again VMK is picking favorites and not applying the rules to everyone.

Sadly it seems that way. If they don't start changing things its just going to get worse. Not only with this guy but with others. There will be those that see this and decide to do the same things and end up allowed on with other toons. VMK really has to stop playing favorites or whatever they call it. And I would really hope that they didn't believe the stories this guy feeds everyone. :confused: I'm annoyed at how it seems some here have been treated lately over stupid things or being scammed somehow themselves and yet its ok for the bad apples to run around still. :confused3 :sad2:

As far as his ban goes I do not think VMK is playing favorites, as anyone who posts or lurks here knows all you have to do to get back in the game is use a character that was not banned to play or in case of an IP ban change your IP.... if that is the case VMK relies on the players to report the id who is really a banned player circumventing the ban.

What needs to happen with Scammers is a computer ban where even if they change their IP they can not get back into the game or any "Disney" run game from that computer!

Harsh? I do not think so.

As far as his ban goes I do not think VMK is playing favorites, as anyone who posts or lurks here knows all you have to do to get back in the game is use a character that was not banned to play or in case of an IP ban change your IP.... if that is the case VMK relies on the players to report the id who is really a banned player circumventing the ban.

What needs to happen with Scammers is a computer ban where even if they change their IP they can not get back into the game or any "Disney" run game from that computer!

I agree completely. Scammer need to start getting serious consequences for what they've done to people. Sure it may seem harsh to some, but it would be a lesson learned.

My question is if he is seen on VMK on another character are people reporting him. And also those that are hanging with him. Taking his side that is your choice because you may believe he is being framed. However, if you know he has been banned and is going around this ban you are in the wrong there. And you could be reported for not reporting him. Something to think about.

I could have swore that was illigal they have the right to ban your ip but going in and banning your computers system has to be illigal it's private data hacking into ones computer with a trojan can be illigal if you get caught so if a site bans someones computer from going there it to is illigal

Thats like, EXACTLY what i think. Just ban all the computers in his house that share the IP he scammed people on. But then we cant stop him when he gets a new computer. So the only thing to do is find out, if its Riser on a new character. You can tell if its somebody by they're title, signature, and actions.

That sounded like garbage ^ ^ ^ rofl.

I could have swore that was illigal they have the right to ban your ip but going in and banning your computers system has to be illigal it's private data hacking into ones computer with a trojan can be illigal if you get caught so if a site bans someones computer from going there it to is illigal

Jazz, I am not an attorney and would not want to weigh in on that legally but I will find out, as far as I know they are not hacking into anything you computer has a recognizable id just like a fingerprint and they can ban that, from what I understand of it.

I am sure some that are more legally minded can weigh in.

Am i the only one on the Dis boards who has no idea who it is?!!?!?!? At least i no its not me lol :D

Jazz, I am not an attorney and would not want to weigh in on that legally but I will find out, as far as I know they are not hacking into anything you computer has a recognizable id just like a fingerprint and they can ban that, from what I understand of it.

I am sure some that are more legally minded can weigh in.

You just block their MAC address or IP address from entering your site. It's no trojan, it's common information.

I think there is a way to ban it like Mal said. It should be done that way. Its not harsh. If any person that scams or breaks the rules to the point that they get a ban that is for more then a few hours or a day then yes it should be a ban of the computer(s) that person uses to log into the game. Otherwise you see them back on in no time at all. So what does that tell other players that find out about this person? It says basically "its ok go ahead and scam people....get banned and hey there are ways to get around that with no problems." Not right at all. And its really not right at all to those that are scammed.

My question is if he is seen on VMK on another character are people reporting him. And also those that are hanging with him. Taking his side that is your choice because you may believe he is being framed. However, if you know he has been banned and is going around this ban you are in the wrong there. And you could be reported for not reporting him. Something to think about.

I was wondering about this too. I haven't seen the person in game at all and have no clue what his other names are in the game. But really if they are found out he should be reported. ESPECIALLY if he is banned on one name..or more. And those that cover for the person should be as well given a ban.

I remember Yavn speaking up in a newsletter about how it angers them that people dont report a user who is on another account when they are banned. If anyone knows it to be true, I hope they do the right thing.

If you "think" you know dont report it, but if you know for sure, no doubt. Use contact us and give the details or report in game with the appropriate information.

I spoke with Vince from Operations regarding this incident. While he couldn't go into much of the information, he stated that VMK will take action if this character has had repeatable offenses such as this in VMK. They are on the case!:thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter