I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: fedex is terrible. It makes me so mad that target continues to use them. I’m so glad amazon doesn’t. We bought a toy for our son and bottle parts that we really needed. They were supposed to come yesterday and the tracking info hasn’t been updated since Tuesday. No estimated delivery date or anything now

Opposite experience here this week. I'm always juggling the auto ship from Chewy.com and I had it at 10 weeks when I really needed 6 weeks.

Ordered Monday, late afternoon, after 6 when I realized there were no more boxes to fill up my bin with the little cans. This is the urinary health stuff, so we always get it online since the stores are hit or miss. Had plenty of Fancy Feast and dry food. Fedex delivered Tuesday morning just before 10am, less than a day.

It's more likely regional issues with FedEx. I had a FedEx package from another retailer do the same thing last week. Retailer shipped on time, FedEx scheduled delivery for Thursday. As of tracking on Wed it was still a whole state away which normally isn't too concerning, but later that night it changed to, basically, 'we're late and have no idea when it's arriving.' Apparently it still had two more hubs to get through before out for delivery and I didn't get it until Saturday. Normally not an issue but it was something I wanted for Saturday out of town, so it was too late.

In my area UPS is way more reliable than FedEx. I know this isn't the case everywhere though.
Where did your package ship from? Ours was coming from Oregon and I had a feeling it was going to be late

I don’t think it’s a target issue because it departed a FedEx building Tuesday and the tracking hasn’t changed since. I would think that’s fedex’s fault but I could be wrong. We get things shipper from amazon a lot and it’s almost always usps. We rarely have an issue with them.

Our Amazon is usually a truck that says Amazon on it. No issues with them either.

Our Amazon is usually a truck that says Amazon on it. No issues with them either.
Ours is almost always usps if it’s coming from amazon and they seem to do a great job. It’s probably a regional thing. I’ve never seen the amazon truck before

Agree with Fedex!! I bought something from Love Your Melon, it just stopped tracking on FedEx for 10 days, so they refunded my money. It showed up a week later. Now I am returning something else to Love Your Melon and it was supposed to be delivered Thursday (it was sent the Tuesday of the week before) and now it's not moving again.

Last edited:

I just received my CFF Mastercard and paid my ATT bill. Am I safe to immediately remove my cell phone insurance on my ATT account?

Where did your package ship from? Ours was coming from Oregon and I had a feeling it was going to be late
I think it was California. Everything was moving fine and on pace until it got local. Seeing OH the day before is not out of the norm but for whatever reason it hit the hub in PA then travelled to MD (i assumed another hub?) and then on to the local facility in Philly to get on the truck.

I don't know but I assume it got misdirected to MD which added another full day after they realized there was a delay between OH and PA.

Had similar happen with USPS. Came from MA, overshot PA by a bit and ended up in St Louis before coming back to to the Philadelphia distribution center where it normally goes. I'm sure UPS has their horror stories too, but - knock wood - we seem to have a good region here and haven't had any issues with them not making it when they say. FedEx and USPS are good just not as reliable.

It's more likely regional issues with FedEx. I had a FedEx package from another retailer do the same thing last week. Retailer shipped on time, FedEx scheduled delivery for Thursday. As of tracking on Wed it was still a whole state away which normally isn't too concerning, but later that night it changed to, basically, 'we're late and have no idea when it's arriving.' Apparently it still had two more hubs to get through before out for delivery and I didn't get it until Saturday. Normally not an issue but it was something I wanted for Saturday out of town, so it was too late.

In my area UPS is way more reliable than FedEx. I know this isn't the case everywhere though.
This is exactly us. UPS does well around here. FedEx is a cluster.

Ours is almost always usps if it’s coming from amazon and they seem to do a great job. It’s probably a regional thing. I’ve never seen the amazon truck before
They currently only travel a short distance from the distribution centers, although that is changing rapidly with the amount of trucks and delivery drivers Amazon is hiring and getting legal. My company has added 20 people and a second shift just to work on Amazon commercial vehicles and drivers.
I just received my CFF Mastercard and paid my ATT bill. Am I safe to immediately remove my cell phone insurance on my ATT account?
FIrst of the month the Mastercard protections will be in place.

Major accomplishment for me today - I finally completed my quest to use PYB to cash out all of my URs. Only 2,002 points remain and I now am $12,000 the richer after 5 months of effort!

Honestly, I never though twice about cashing out all of my URs at 1.5cpp. For me, this was a fantastic opportunity and I'm glad it came along! I can always earn more URs - and I certainly plan to replenish quickly!! I hope the PYB categories remain the same or provide other good opportunities come Q4 (which I guess we should find out more about that VERY soon).

I think it was California. Everything was moving fine and on pace until it got local. Seeing OH the day before is not out of the norm but for whatever reason it hit the hub in PA then travelled to MD (i assumed another hub?) and then on to the local facility in Philly to get on the truck.

I don't know but I assume it got misdirected to MD which added another full day after they realized there was a delay between OH and PA.

Had similar happen with USPS. Came from MA, overshot PA by a bit and ended up in St Louis before coming back to to the Philadelphia distribution center where it normally goes. I'm sure UPS has their horror stories too, but - knock wood - we seem to have a good region here and haven't had any issues with them not making it when they say. FedEx and USPS are good just not as reliable.
This happens to us with UPS, usually from an Amazon distribution center I believe is in Kentucky. Packages will track thru Indiana, to south suburbs of Chicago, north past Chicago to Wisconsin, then back to us in west suburbs of Chicago. It happens less now because Amazon has more distribution centers in Chicago area. There is a center a few miles from us with a parking lot full of Prime trucks like @Judique pictured.
We have issues with USPS, UPS and FedEx. None is perfect. I only prefer UPS and FedEx because I can at least see tracking. Most USPS packages have no tracking. SurePost is the worst because it starts with FedEx or UPS and ends with local USPS. Last one was at USPS 5 days before we got it.

Dd and I rewatched Father of the Bride tonight and followed up with Father of the Bride part three-ish. It was so great. Funny, sweet, made me cry. What a fun Friday night.
I am so excited to watch part three-ish! My DD has to have a medical procedure on Mon, Oct 5, so next Friday she has to get CVD tested and then quarantine for the weekend. She's never seen any of the movies, so I think I will wait and binge watch them all with her next weekend. She's nervous about the whole thing, so it will be a fun distraction!

Major accomplishment for me today - I finally completed my quest to use PYB to cash out all of my URs. Only 2,002 points remain and I now am $12,000 the richer after 5 months of effort!

Honestly, I never though twice about cashing out all of my URs at 1.5cpp. For me, this was a fantastic opportunity and I'm glad it came along! I can always earn more URs - and I certainly plan to replenish quickly!! I hope the PYB categories remain the same or provide other good opportunities come Q4 (which I guess we should find out more about that VERY soon).

First of all I like your style! I think the balanced use that you make of this sport is great! Congrats on your addition to what I'm guessing is the FIRE fund!

So, 'how' 'what' is the plan to replenish quickly?? No more zippy.....even though we have some good news.

You can feel free to answer here, elsewhere or not answer at all.

I will be surprised if multiples remain an option for the future.

And, how is that streaming thing for the team going? I feel invested after voting and want to know if there are any positive results.

wowwwwwwwww you are so brave! I have spent around 400k ,but kept a stash of around 250k for (hopefully) future travel stuff.... I have to admit, it's been fun NOT spending on all this stuff..... but I guess I'm hesitatnt to spend it all bc I'm not confident of tons more coming in....altho I may be overly cautious (ok I am) Is there any word at all on if this will continue in some form? it's almost October!

First of all I like your style! I think the balanced use that you make of this sport is great! Congrats on your addition to what I'm guessing is the FIRE fund!

So, 'how' 'what' is the plan to replenish quickly?? No more zippy.....even though we have some good news.

You can feel free to answer here, elsewhere or not answer at all.

I will be surprised if multiples remain an option for the future.

And, how is that streaming thing for the team going? I feel invested after voting and want to know if there are any positive results.
I was decisive in my conclusion to cash out URs. This was pretty easy for me as I’ve never achieved > 1.5 cpp in any redemption. I’ll take the cash today, I can always pay cash later for travel should I choose to do so. And you definitely guessed right, all of this money is basically adding to the FIRE fund!

Since we appear to be back in “business” I’m banking on that as a method to replenish. I also could do a Sapphire MDD anytime I want to - I’ve been eligible since March but I have had other MSRs on my plate and I’m 2/24 so plenty of room there. My wife is 0/24 but can’t do Sapphires until Sept 2022.

With the cards we have open, via PC I could achieve 6 CFFs next quarter so we could get a decent haul out of that. We also are both eligible for CFU and CFF bonuses so that’s an option too.

In general, I think we’ll be back above 100k URs within a couple of months and I’ll keep cashing out if 1.5cpp remains an option somehow.

I haven’t yet heard the results of the streaming vote. I hope it works out for Friday’s game! It’s a huge conference game for us, basically a must win!

My friends... it deeply troubles me that I am missing South Fayette games this year. 😔

Live streams have been bad thus far. If you’re willing to take a minute and vote for SOUTH FAYETTE below so that maybe they’d get a professionally produced live stream in a couple of weeks, I’d really appreciate it!

(you don’t have to check any of the boxes to subscribe but make sure to click submit)

https://tribweb.secondstreetapp.com/TribLIVE-HSSN-Game-of-the-Week---Oct-2/gallery/
We won the vote!!! Thanks everybody!!! Friday 10/2 on https://tribhssn.triblive.com/ my Lions 🦁 take on the Moon tigers 🐯 in a huge conference matchup!! And we will be getting a broadcast quality livestream. Thank You all for voting!! 😊

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter