I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have not tried to pay with a card with a live person but online and automated is checks. It is a USDA loan.
Honestly, our scores are low 600-depending on the agency, hubs lost his job 3 years ago amd we had a few items in collections.
Unfortunately I don't think anything we discuss here will work for a low 600s credit score :( Especially not CIP & CSR.

Looks like I need to make my way to NYC this summer:
The first official Harry Potter flagship store will open summer 2020 in NYC. The three story 20,000+ square foot store will house the largest collection of Harry Potter and Fantastic Beasts products in the world under one roof. Road trip!
I'm so excited for this!!! If it opens on time, we can go when we're in town for the holidays :woohoo::hyper: Here's hoping for some ACCURATE Ravenclaw merchandise, free of the usual silver!

I’m not familiar with what cards are options when you are in a ‘rebuilding your credit’ stage but I’m thinking you will need to be at least a 650 credit score for anything from chase. I hope I’m wrong but I just don’t know. Maybe someone else here has experience to offer.
It may be for the best anyway- I know this is not the right board for it, but we just finished Financial Peace University anyway- so getting a credit card before we really got the ball rolling on everything else would be unwise ;P

Unfortunately I don't think anything we discuss here will work for a low 600s credit score :( Especially not CIP & CSR.

I appreciate it! Actually, the more I think about it, the less I think we are going to go down that route. We have never been the ones that do well with credit cards anyway, so I think we will stick to the Chase Disney Debit card for the 10% off dining and just buy gift cards with the Target Red Card and leave the credit cards alone :)

Venture denial letter says denial reason is “no revolving balances on existing cards and time of most recent card opening”. Last personal card application was in November 2018... Amex Hilton card.
:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Are you supposed to carry balances? I pay our cards every week... should I be waiting until the statement cuts?

Go Ravenclaw! As a kid I wanted to be a Gryffindor like Harry & Hermione so bad... but I got Ravenclaw on every quiz I took... so I finally accepted my fate :laughing: Now that I'm older I think it's accurate but I used to get so frustrated!!!
DS and I are Ravenclaw also. But DS was way there on his score.

Go Ravenclaw! As a kid I wanted to be a Gryffindor like Harry & Hermione so bad... but I got Ravenclaw on every quiz I took... so I finally accepted my fate :laughing: Now that I'm older I think it's accurate but I used to get so frustrated!!!
I wanted to be a Gryffindor when I was a kid too. I think that’s just because the main characters are in it. I could settle being a hufflepuff but I would rather choose ravenclaw. Dh is a hufflepuff too though

I really hope you get those points. I'm pretty sure we used property tax to meet some MSRs over the past year and a half, so I hope it works for you, too. In sad (but totally first world problem and not actually a real issue) news, we are outside the DoorDash dumpling delivery range (checked both our house and DM's). I had a feeling we were too far North.
:(

That sucks! On the bright side, that means your dumplings would surely be cold by the time they made it to you. You don't want that! :)

If you guys can see them on your statement, I think it's just taking time to transfer for some reason. Those of us who have to had to fight for our points, never even saw them on the statement at all.

That makes me feel a little better. I do see them on my last statement, but worried that they would do a review of the spend and decide that my property taxes don't count.

Keep us posted on this! I’m hoping to put property taxes on an Amex card during MSR within the next month, but don’t remember reading about the possibility of it not counting. Maybe I did and I just forgot.

Will do!

What's the weather like in February? Do you think that's why? Asking because I'm considering going to Arizona, too.

DH, DD and I took about the same amount of time though.

It looks like it might be in the 60s for us. But snowstorms are typical too. I bought a new winter coat just in case since I am a Floridian with very little outerwear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter