I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone familiar with DFW? Our AA flight was changed and we have a 55 min. layover. Will that be enough to get us from one flight to the next? There are other direct flights to SLC in case we miss the first one but there is also a flight that leaves an hour earlier from Miami but we would have to be at the airport at 5:45am.
There are 5 terminals, and a tram between them. I wouldn't trust a 55 min layover to be enough time if you land at one terminal but depart from another

Anyone familiar with DFW? Our AA flight was changed and we have a 55 min. layover. Will that be enough to get us from one flight to the next? There are other direct flights to SLC in case we miss the first one but there is also a flight that leaves an hour earlier from Miami but we would have to be at the airport at 5:45am.
55 minutes should be enough time to connect. If you are changing terminals use the SkyLink train. It arrives every four minutes, goes both directions, and can get you to any other terminal in nine minutes or less. There are two stations for SkyLink in each terminal.

Sounds like a great trip! How was your experience with the eMed COVID testing? Exploring our options now for an upcoming international trip and eMed is on my list of options.

It shouldn’t. But there’s always the slim chance of an IT screwup so if that happening would wreck your cc plans don’t do it.

I’m afraid our collective Cap1 knowledge/experience here is on the slim side compared to other issuers. Cap1 is not churner friendly plus they haven’t really had much in the way of hot offer cards (only seem to get a hot card out of them every few years).
thanks- that's what my gut was telling me too:-)

Omg our Disneyland trip is jinxed. I have rebooked everything 3 times due to Covid. Had to get tickets reissued since they were all expired, rebooked hotels near universal Hollywood and DLR, made park reservations, booked flights, managed to get a couple dining reservations and booked World Of Golor dessert party. 42 days before we leave and I fell and broke my shoulder today 😭

Last edited:
Omg our Disneyland trip is jinxed. I have rebooked everything 3 timers due to Covid. Had to get tickets reissued since they were all expired, rebooked hotels near universal Hollywood and DLR, made park reservations, booked flights, managed to get a couple dining reservations and booked World Of Golor dessert party. 42 days before we leave and I fell and broke my shoulder today 😭
OMG OH NO!!! That sounds absurdly painful 😱

Listen, DLR is getting better the longer you wait! They’re slowly getting staffing levels back (they’re not back yet, was there last week and staffing definitely still an issue) & getting everything open again. Can you reschedule for over Holiday Time? Disneyland is freaking MAGIC over the Christmas season! Haunted Mansion Holiday, It’s A Small World Holiday, the park decor is so detailed they even put little wreathes on some of the front doors of the tiny houses on the Storybook boats!

Omg our Disneyland trip is jinxed. I have rebooked everything 3 times due to Covid. Had to get tickets reissued since they were all expired, rebooked hotels near universal Hollywood and DLR, made park reservations, booked flights, managed to get a couple dining reservations and booked World Of Golor dessert party. 42 days before we leave and I fell and broke my shoulder today 😭
Omg I’m so sorry about your shoulder! I hope you’re okay. It stinks you’ve had to move your trip so much

This flat out sucks.

Hi all, I'm looking for advice on booking airfare to England using ultimate reward points.
Our daughter will spend the fall semester in London so she needs a one way flight to Heathrow. My husband and I will try to visit so we need roundtrip flights. Our home airport is St. Louis, although we can drive 5 hours to Chicago if necessary.
Husband's Chase Sapphire Preferred has 34,600 URs
My Chase Sapphire Preferred has 115,200 URs
Is there any particular airline you like for flights to London?
Is it better to book through the Chase portal or transfer the points elsewhere? (I've only used the Chase portal to transfer points to Southwest and book a couple of hotels.) We are considering October. Any advice on this trip is appreciated--we are new to European travel.
With URs, your best bet is likely to transfer to United for flights out of ORD or to British Airways to book BA or AA flights (hub is DFW if you can do a repositioning flight, but I believe they also have some flights out of ORD). I’m in Scotland now and used BA Avios to book my business class flight (DEN to LHR to EDI). With flights through LHR, be prepared for high taxes and fees on award flights using Avios. Can‘t remember how high they are with United.

Thank you for the update. I cancelled the reservation at the Sheraton and booked the Glasshouse for a good rate. The highest suite I could apply my SNUs to is an 820 sq foot room with a terrace overlooking Old Town, however I won't know if this clears until 24-48 hours before our arrival. Since I really want to stay in Old Town, if the SNU doesn't clear I have booked the Market Street Hotel as a backup. We have 2 days where we have to be up early (Jacobite Steam Train and Alnwick Castle days), so being as close to the departure point as possible is important to me.
Please report back on your Jacobite Steam Train and Alnwick Castle excursions. Those are two we haven't done yet.

OMG OH NO!!! That sounds absurdly painful 😱

Listen, DLR is getting better the longer you wait! They’re slowly getting staffing levels back (they’re not back yet, was there last week and staffing definitely still an issue) & getting everything open again. Can you reschedule for over Holiday Time? Disneyland is freaking MAGIC over the Christmas season! Haunted Mansion Holiday, It’s A Small World Holiday, the park decor is so detailed they even put little wreathes on some of the front doors of the tiny houses on the Storybook boats!
I'm just sucking it up and going unless the ortho says no travel. The USH 3 day tix expire end of June, no more extensions and I'm not sure about DLR tix but they might expire before the end of the year too. Plus it's really hard to get 10 days off around the holidays (and this year Christmas is my assigned holiday to work). I'm just going to have to try to book a few more viewing packages and just deal.

Sorry to hear that! Hopefully it’s a small fracture and you’re a quick healer!

Thanks, both of you. It make sense. I’m just trying to get around losing my DD’s travel funds and this was my last ditch effort. If I lose it, it won’t be the end of the world. Maybe they’ll change it again.
Isn't there a way to recoup those travel funds into points (or credits?) after they expire now?

Welcome!
You can apply for the other Chase Ink business cards, the Cash or Unlimited only require $7,500 MSR and you earn 75,000 URs.
With Chase it is best to apply as sole proprietorship, use first name last name as the business name. Each of you could apply for one. Once you have one chase biz card you can use the support link and earn another 20k URs.
Not sure what a support link is? Boy I got a lot to learn! Also should I close the CSR card?

Not sure what a support link is? Boy I got a lot to learn! Also should I close the CSR card?
If you use a support link when you apply, the person whose link you use gets bonus URs. In your case, you could use a third party’s support link so that person gets the bonus URs. But once you get the card, then your P2 (“player 2”) can use YOUR support link, and you get the bonus URs.

And definitely don’t close your CSR for two reasons - first, the credit history helps your credit score. Second, you can transfer the URs from your Biz cards to your CSR and then use your CSR to transfer URs to transfer partners, or book through the Chase travel portal at 1.5 cents per point. If you don’t like the CSR annual fee, you could downgrade it to the $95 CSP and still have the ability to transfer to transfer partners and book via the portal, although at 1.25 cents per point.

There’s definitely a lot to learn, but this is a great group - they’ve taught me almost everything I know and were super patient when I was learning!

DS’s last day of school keeps changing and now he is done on 5/27. Just booked Hilton Marco Island and HR Clearwater Beach for vacay. I figure it will be a nice drive up the Gulf since that is one of the areas we will considering for retirement. Plus DS can check out U of South Florida while we are there.
I’d also recommended checking out Floria Gulf Coast University in Ft Myers if you have time…my son graduated years ago but it’s a beautiful campus

Here is a question I figure someone will know!

There's currently an Amex offer for Sam's Club membership but for new memberships only. I've had one for years so I obviously don't qualify, but would my husband, opening one in his own name, qualify? He is currently an "additional cardholder" on my account (the one that is free to other household members).

We need to renew soon so I thought this might be a good time.

Also, does anyone know (if we were to do this because I've seen "special offers" on Sam's in all sorts of places)... after my own membership has been expired for a year, can I do the offer again after HIS membership expires? Would they consider me "new" again or no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter