I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

Last week we had our much anticipated trip to California to visit Super Nintendo World for my son's 9th birthday.
We did 3 nights at the Hilton Universal City. I used up my DH's Hilton points and transferred some of his MRs when there was a transfer bonus to top off.
I booked the VIP Tour Experience through the UR portal. We had several friends go over the summer who also did the tour and let us know we could add on the Nintendo Early Entry. So I paid cash for that and then paid myself back off some Instacart purchases to cover it with URs.
The day worked out more perfectly than I had hoped and it was well worth it. We got to do all of Nintendo, including 2 rides on Mario Kart and 2 plays of Bowser Jr., before our tour even started. Squeezed in Toadstool Cafe just before it closed for Horror Nights.
My husband and step-daughter did HHN the next night while my DS and I hit the pool and used our daily food credit on room service.
We flew in and out of Burbank which was super easy and very convenient to the hotel/park. Used SW points and CP plus some credits for EBCI for return flights.
All told we paid $381.46 out of pocket for our flights, hotel, park tickets, Uber, and airport parking. Total without points would have been $5,791.39.
I love this hobby!
Thanks for sharing! I've been looking into a Nintendo World trip for my son's bday also. I didn't see the VIP tour experience in the chase portal though. Did you book a while back? Hoping it comes back. I haven't done too much research yet, but the kids have low tolerance for lines so that would be the best option. Also did you just do 1 day? Is that sufficient? Initially I was thinking of 2 day general admission so we can catch what we missed / too long a line on the 2nd day. But if we can get everything done on the VIP tour, that would be great too.

I only have one Old Navy near me but they no longer carry the 3rd party GC's like they used to. I don't know if it's a nationwide change or not. I know I used to get them there. Not a change that I like.
I have a 20% chase offer, but unfortunately my Old Navy no longer carries 3rd party GCs (CA). I know for sure they used to, but it's been at least a year since I last checked.
Yeah, Edge is the only browser I don’t have at home. I guess I’m going to have breakdown and put it on my computer. I have pulled the 170k Biz Plat. multiple times, and when I do the best offer I see for the Gold is 125k. I’ll give this exact process a try tomorrow, and let you know if I have success. Thanks for the help 🙂
Do you have an elevated support? I wasn't able to pull the 150k offer, but I had a 25k support link that was able to pull the 125k offer so essentially the same...

Same here. I'm going to do Grubhub pickup for dinner tomorrow if it doesn't post by then. I tried to Google for Staples charges falling off (unrelated to the biz gold credit) and saw some say it can be up to 30 days. Not sure if that's true. I might just do Grubhub going forward.
Circling back that my Grubhub charge didn't post until 11/1! The credit came through quick, but it now says I've used my credit for the month. :( Win some, lose some I guess. But the Staples charge still hasn't shown up!
Does anyone know anything about Microsoft Cashback? My Sam's Club order seems to have generated (at least an email) some cash back.

I don't follow that and other than the fact that they are always stalking me online, I've never received anything before.

I did see a pop up which I see all the time, but didn't actually read it.

Well, probably no cash for me. Gift cards are excluded.
I'd like to know too! I forgot to go through a portal for my sam's order but I got an email saying that the Microsoft cashback tracked.
FYI if interested: I just noticed you can now buy WDW tickets with points through the Chase UR portal. They’re priced about 15-19% more than buying direct from the park from what I can tell from the few dates I played around with.
Thank you for this! I checked my dates and they're about 15% higher but might still be worth it since I have a CSR.

Do you have an elevated support? I wasn't able to pull the 150k offer, but I had a 25k support link that was able to pull the 125k offer so essentially the same...
I do have elevated support. 30k as a matter of fact. Problem is we’ve both had Business Gold cards before using support, so when I try that route I get the pop-up. It’s a great idea, and believe me, I tried 👍🏻

Circling back that my Grubhub charge didn't post until 11/1! The credit came through quick, but it now says I've used my credit for the month. :( Win some, lose some I guess. But the Staples charge still hasn't shown up!

How frustrating! I remember you ordered a day before me too. I ordered on 10/30, it was pending for awhile, but posted with a 10/31 date and my tracker hasn't moved. No Staples charge here either! Guess I'll be doing Grubhub again if it doesn't show up, but I better do it earlier based on your DP.

Waiting to checkout at Aldi and see that they sell Disney gift cards. There was an offer on Chase cards that came out a few days ago. @Judique
Thank you for mentioning this! I let everyone know about the 10% on my Chase card but forgot about the possibility of a Disney card at Aldi.

I'm building up my stash to start paying off 2024's DVC dues. Last year I did well and used all gift cards, or redemption cards, all above 10%. Some were free money and I haven't done the match to see what my actual % saved was but my guess is above 20%.

And, if no offers came by, I'd always have a minimum of 5% with CIC at Staples.

Question - when does support usually post from Chase. I supported DD to get the Disney Premier card and she has completed spend and received the $400 statement credit.

Crickets on my side. Application was October 10.

The cash price thru Chase portal is 12% higher than Disney. So with CSR, I need about 63,000 UR. With CSP, you would need about 74,000 UR for a 5 day hopper. View attachment 807760

I decided to check this out to try to compare what it would have cost if I used UR's on my Grand's tickets for next March. We bought base tickets as it's difficult to project what the energy level of all parties will be, and we can always add on parkhopper or extra day if we want to. First off, it wouldn't let me outright buy a base ticket.

I'm happy this option is here even though theoretically, it's more expensive. If I needed a ticket I'd use it. Although UR's are pretty valuable to me, I'm collecting a nice stash that can be used instead of cash for fun things. Most of us are quite willing to use points on luxuries that many of us would pass up if we had to pay out of pocket. Even my hard headed son has come around to this way of thinking. That almost made my head explode, lol.

Hope I can ask this question here.
TL:DR. Can you have both a business and personal PayPal account?

About ten years ago, I tried to start an online business and started a PayPal business account. The business went nowhere, but I still used the PayPal account for my everyday use.

Then all this talk about using PayPal Billpay. I tried using it, and I get this message: “This feature isn't available to business accounts
To add or manage bills, create or log in to your personal account.”

Honestly, I didn’t even know I had a business account. I tried converting it to a personal account, but I couldn’t. And I’m seriously considering another online business. (After all, I need something to earn those Inks).

So should I establish a new, personal PayPal account?

I’m going to be buying about $2000 in Disney gift cards soon. I’m looking to put them on the best card for cash back. I’m thinking about applying for the chase freedom flex (I have the chase freedom unlimited) so I can get the 5% back at Sam’s club and buy my cards through Sam’s Club at a discount.. looks like they are about 3% off usually so that would be 8% total. I would also get an $200 bonus after spending $500. Any ideas for a better plan?

If you can it’s definitely worth applying for a new CIC…since you get 90,000URs after a $6,000 MSR in 3 months…make sure you use your support link for the extra 40k points…The staples fee free MGCs run 11/5 to 11/11…the visa GCs will probably run 11/12 to 11/18. Both are for the $200 cards so would have to buy 5 if they want to gift $1,000.

Thanks for the information.

I think that if I go the new CIC route, I will apply under my own name. It's one thing to use my parents' cards to make payments online. If I need to make purchases in person, I don't need the anxiety of using someone else's credit card without them being present with me, if I can avoid it....

They can get the support bonus! :D

Thanks for sharing! I've been looking into a Nintendo World trip for my son's bday also. I didn't see the VIP tour experience in the chase portal though. Did you book a while back? Hoping it comes back. I haven't done too much research yet, but the kids have low tolerance for lines so that would be the best option. Also did you just do 1 day? Is that sufficient? Initially I was thinking of 2 day general admission so we can catch what we missed / too long a line on the 2nd day. But if we can get everything done on the VIP tour, that would be great too.

You're welcome!
I booked back at the beginning of July. The Portal was being finicky and kept erroring when I tried to book the 9:45 tour so I ended up with the 10:15 tour. I think this ended up being for the best. You actually check in for the tour when you arrive for early entry so we got our VIP badges at about 6:30am. Then when we went to Super Nintendo World we were able to use the Express Pass on the badges for Mario Kart. We just did the one day and if the park hadn't been closing at 5:30 for HHN we definitely would have been able to hit everything. The only thing I am sad we missed was Secret Life of Pets. We are also local to Universal Orlando so Nintendo was really our only goal and must see of the trip.

I decided to make some changes to our 1 night Disney World trip for MVMCP, we are now going 2 nights and want to use our 2 Hilton FNC (DH and I each have one). I check and 2 standard nights were available, I booked mine no problem, but when I went to book the second night with DH's FNC they don't have any standard rooms. I had them book 2 nights in his account, 1 with the FNC and the second with points. I'm going to try to get them to cancel the second night and get the 90K points back. Is that possible?

I decided to make some changes to our 1 night Disney World trip for MVMCP, we are now going 2 nights and want to use our 2 Hilton FNC (DH and I each have one). I check and 2 standard nights were available, I booked mine no problem, but when I went to book the second night with DH's FNC they don't have any standard rooms. I had them book 2 nights in his account, 1 with the FNC and the second with points. I'm going to try to get them to cancel the second night and get the 90K points back. Is that possible?
You can try, but I feel like they would want to cancel and rebook and there's no guarantee there will be a standard room in inventory. Another option is they might have to call the property and get permission to drop the one night.

Thanks for the information.

I think that if I go the new CIC route, I will apply under my own name. It's one thing to use my parents' cards to make payments online. If I need to make purchases in person, I don't need the anxiety of using someone else's credit card without them being present with me, if I can avoid it....

They can get the support bonus! :D
Agree…90% of the time I don’t have to show my DL at staples…but you definitely don’t need the stress

Question - when does support usually post from Chase. I supported DD to get the Disney Premier card and she has completed spend and received the $400 statement credit.

Crickets on my side. Application was October 10.
I don’t have any experience with Disney support posting…only with URs and RR points …..usually I see them pending 2 or 3 weeks after approval when I check on a Wednesday morning…they post when my next statement closes

For my dates, 15% cheaper to buy direct from Disney. However, buying Disney gc during a Kroger fuel points sale and PYB saves me 9% over the Chase portal, so that may be the way I go. On the other hand, that's a big chunk of money that could go to an MSR, so maybe the Chase portal is the way to go. Decisions, decisions...

I just did Universal tickets for an upcoming trip and a signature suite at the Swan Reserve through Chase for a future Disney trip. Let's keep this little secret on this board if possible.

I'd like to know too! I forgot to go through a portal for my sam's order but I got an email saying that the Microsoft cashback tracked.

Thank you for this! I checked my dates and they're about 15% higher but might still be worth it since I have a CSR.
It always annoys me to “pay” more than buying direct. But free is for me! So I’m debating on using my points for Universal tickets or Disney tickets now.
I used them for DL tickets this summer, so my balance is low ish but want to take advantage of the opportunity to buy with points while it still exists.

It always annoys me to “pay” more than buying direct. But free is for me! So I’m debating on using my points for Universal tickets or Disney tickets now.
I used them for DL tickets this summer, so my balance is low ish but want to take advantage of the opportunity to buy with points while it still exists.
Some things to consider:
- Disney gcs can be bought for a discount and used to buy tix, whereas it doesn't seem the option exists for Universal
-Universal tix are cheaper than WDW, so if your balance is low, this might work better
- I thought my math showed Universal tix for my dates were marked up about 10%, while Disney was about 15%

It's a hard decision. That fomo about the rare availability makes me want the WDW tickets as well.

I’m going to be buying about $2000 in Disney gift cards soon. I’m looking to put them on the best card for cash back. I’m thinking about applying for the chase freedom flex (I have the chase freedom unlimited) so I can get the 5% back at Sam’s club and buy my cards through Sam’s Club at a discount.. looks like they are about 3% off usually so that would be 8% total. I would also get an $200 bonus after spending $500. Any ideas for a better plan?
Check for chase offers. I have offers on multiple cards for 10% at best buy and lowes. I can buy up to $250 for $25 back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter