I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

I’m going to be buying about $2000 in Disney gift cards soon. I’m looking to put them on the best card for cash back. I’m thinking about applying for the chase freedom flex (I have the chase freedom unlimited) so I can get the 5% back at Sam’s club and buy my cards through Sam’s Club at a discount.. looks like they are about 3% off usually so that would be 8% total. I would also get an $200 bonus after spending $500. Any ideas for a better plan?
Right now, you can get two $200 gift cards from Sam’s for $180. I think the deal ends tonight though (it was a “doorbuster” deal for this weekend) and you’ll get the 5x points with your freedom if you have.

Love all the feedback and the recommendations!

I absolutely agree about the service on Singapore Airlines. PlanePrincess and I have been tossing around the idea of going to Singapore for a street food trip. But the real purpose is just to fly SQ suites again :laughing:
i saw the tpg video on this looks like 220k for fc out of NYC, how long do you need in signapore? a week?

Right now, you can get two $200 gift cards from Sam’s for $180. I think the deal ends tonight though (it was a “doorbuster” deal for this weekend) and you’ll get the 5x points with your freedom if you have.
I got this a few days ago but it was sold out when I looked last night after seeing @justme0729 's post.

Did 19% off my DVC dues using various offers. Adding in gifted gift cards makes it 26% off. I always tell my kids - no stuff - give me any size Disney gift card. Only one gets it because she lives here and understands we have too much stuff.

You can try, but I feel like they would want to cancel and rebook and there's no guarantee there will be a standard room in inventory. Another option is they might have to call the property and get permission to drop the one night.
So there is a standard room available for one night, and I can book it using 90,000 points, but it doesn't seem like the chat agents can see that availability. And unfortunately DH doesn't get home until 8:30PM CST today, will the phone agents be able to see the standard room?

Question - when does support usually post from Chase. I supported DD to get the Disney Premier card and she has completed spend and received the $400 statement credit.

Crickets on my side. Application was October 10.
@palhockeymomof2

Answering my own question. The 100 showed up today as pending on my next statement close.

Didn't bother looking up when that will be as my next trip isn't until December.

My referral was from my Premier card that I had product changed to a no fee card and the points showed up on my original no fee card which I am getting ready to close out. I did look on both as late as after midnite so it showed today.

So there is a standard room available for one night, and I can book it using 90,000 points, but it doesn't seem like the chat agents can see that availability. And unfortunately DH doesn't get home until 8:30PM CST today, will the phone agents be able to see the standard room?

Before you mentioned chat, I always called to use DH's FNCs. They never once asked to talk to him. All they need is the code that they send to his e-mail.

Exactly what @wanderlust7 said. If you can get access to his 2 factor identification codes that Hilton sends, you should be able to book this using his FNC with no problem. The Hilton Diamond desk number is 1-877-444-9847

Before you mentioned chat, I always called to use DH's FNCs. They never once asked to talk to him. All they need is the code that they send to his e-mail.
Always HUCA. I got back on Chat and the next agent was able to book it. I think the other was looking at a different hotel, because she mentioned a room category that I didn't see online. We are good to go.

Thanks for the information.

I think that if I go the new CIC route, I will apply under my own name. It's one thing to use my parents' cards to make payments online. If I need to make purchases in person, I don't need the anxiety of using someone else's credit card without them being present with me, if I can avoid it....

They can get the support bonus! :D
Couldn't you just apply under their name and then just add you as an AU (since it is a Biz card, shouldn't matter). That way it is under their account but you will get a card in your name too.

@LilSweetPeaPhoto There's availability on JetBlue's Mint, BOS to DUB over St. Patrick's Day for only 38,750 Avios. You can now book using Qatar Avios. I believe you can transfer Avios to BA Avios to Qatar Avios. Taxes/fees are super cheap at like $50 RT. Maybe you can get your mom in biz class!! Run!!!
I saw that but I felt the dates said starting 3/18. And I think she wants to be on our flight. We're connecting in PHL. But I'll let my mom know is she wants FC she can fly solo, LOL.

Couldn't you just apply under their name and then just add you as an AU (since it is a Biz card, shouldn't matter). That way it is under their account but you will get a card in your name too.

Thanks for the idea! That is probably what I will do as I currently have too many business cards open with Chase and my parents are the ones that need to accumulate URs quickly. I had totally forgotten that was an option as I no longer add AU on any cards out of habit due to the personal card issue.

I should add my DH as an AU as well, so I can drag him into Staples with me and he can follow me in line and purchase some GCs in a separate transaction. Boy, he is going to LOVE that! :rolleyes1

Does anyone that stayed at Los Altos this year remember what time the daily breakfast is, or what time it starts at least? I'm planning our excursions for each day, but I have us leaving on tours at 7:30-8am almost every day and wondering if that means we're going to miss out on the included breakfast.

Glad it worked for you. I am having similar issues because Hilton (and Hyatt, too) is putting minimum night stays on their points reservations at some of the places I've been trying to book. :(

WWYD
still stalking FB for oct 16 24 ewr to cdg. lowest so far is 275k pp one way. monday is 130k but can't go then
comfort plus is 35k pp one way. if I booked that and Biz fell could I change?

i'm thinking it's off season, after Olympics, something better should come out!

on another note: finished msr for amex plat and latest CIU.

thinking united but the current offers are meh.

going to close IHG, just have to remember to use my 140k points!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter