I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

I saw that but I felt the dates said starting 3/18. And I think she wants to be on our flight. We're connecting in PHL. But I'll let my mom know is she wants FC she can fly solo, LOL.
Yes, I do think the notification said 3/18, but when I looked at flights I think I saw some as early as 3/14. Just thought the fare was so cheap it might be worth it for all three of you to move to that flight.

A question about Hyatt points: would you pay cash ($96/night) or use points (5,000) for a reservation? If my math is correct, that's .02 per point redemption . . . from my quick search of the points bloggers, that seems slightly low but not terrible.
As all things go, it depends on your travel style and goals. Nothing wrong with a 2 cpp redemption. I've been using Hyatt points for Costa Rica, Hawaii, and Big Sur, and those redemptions are more like 4-6 cpp (that elevated redemption value also includes Globalist benefit's OOP value) but if places like those are not in your foreseeable future then 2cpp is perfectly reasonable IMHO.

I’m wondering if this will work. Will you post if you try it?

I read the offer terms more closely and sadly it *shouldn’t* work - but if I test it out anyway, I’ll report back!

Memory is fuzzy, but pretty sure I tried to trigger an Amex Offer before with an Uber reload and it didn't work. It codes as Uber Cash.

If I see any positive DPs, I'll be sure to report back.

Yes, but it is a wonderful time considering you're on a plane. The service is awesome and the food is good. They release space 355 days out. I know I did something stupid with the points transfer back then but it worked out.

Here is the post #4397 from a mistake about trying to pool points when I booked https://www.disboards.com/threads/i-love-credit-cards-so-much.3528202/page-220#post-57720516

Here is the post that has some pics and thoughts from the flights and lounge. We got to fly both the older A380 plane and the new A380 one on that trip.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/china-trip-report-adults-only-may-2018.3683433/
OK, so how many points was it? My DW and I pool our points (she hates managing accounts ) all she has to do is log into her account and transfer.
Memory is fuzzy, but pretty sure I tried to trigger an Amex Offer before with an Uber reload and it didn't work. It codes as Uber Cash.

If I see any positive DPs, I'll be sure to report back.
I haven't used uber eats in a long time despite the credit i bet you could stack it with one of those 25-45% off credits with food. The problem is I would want to do it one time.

I would make sure the dealership takes Amex and let's you do a payment. Mine only let me do 2k.
I'll definitely make sure I can use it before applying. I also have a Disney cruise to pay for and I was going to use my stash of DGC. I could use the Amex to pay for it and then just sell the DGC on FB. I get them for at least 8-10% off so selling for 6-8% off is pretty easy and I don't lose money.
Both DH and myself took that upgrade offer earlier this year. I think it’s a great deal, and I still continue to get the 150k Biz Plat offers. I think it’s a win for you.
Did your upgrade offer have an expiration? I'm not seeing one on hers.

I would make sure the dealership takes Amex and let's you do a payment. Mine only let me do 2k.

We bought a new car in September and the Honda dealership allowed us to charge 2500 on Amex Plat. Which worked out since I had a “get an extra 3k MRs when you spend 3k” offer. (We’re not currently working on a SUB, so 2x MRs was nice).

And thanks to this board for the Verizon “number porting” set up. Got my first bill since then and it’s down the amount expected. My phone bill hasn’t been this low in many years.

Lastly, I successfully used PayPal Bill Pay to pay some of my Wake County NC taxes in order to get the 5x URs for Q4. I was a little nervous because it took a few days to trickle thru the systems after it wasn’t working at ALL for like 2 weeks. Now I won’t feel worried to pay the remaining balance.

Lastly, I successfully used PayPal Bill Pay to pay some of my Wake County NC taxes in order to get the 5x URs for Q4. I was a little nervous because it took a few days to trickle thru the systems after it wasn’t working at ALL for like 2 weeks. Now I won’t feel worried to pay the remaining balance.
Didn't even think to check if I could pay upcoming vehicle prop tax and house prop tax (both due in December) using Paypal, but I just looked and I can! Yay! That'll finish off Freedom 5x for Q4 for me. Thanks for mentioning this!

Last edited:
There really isn't a "change" with FB. It's a cancel and rebook. 50 euro fee. Seems your dates are pretty firm. I'd be tempted to grab that comfort plus. I do hate fees, but 50 euros isn't the worst if biz class prices became favorable.
thank you

for peace of mind I'll probably book the + then pay the $50 euro if biz comes down to reality!
while I prefer to fly out on the 16th, we could do the 15 or 17th but so far they're just as bad

OK, so how many points was it? My DW and I pool our points (she hates managing accounts ) all she has to do is log into her account and transfer.

Depends on the route to SIN. I see ranges for immediate confirmable seats at 167.5k - 228k one way per person. JFK-FRA is 143.5k pp but a saver can be had for 97k pp.

The Krisflyer miles can all be in your account. Just be sure that the credit card points transferred into your account was in your name. If you are using UR points, have her transfer URs to your UR account and then you transfer from your UR account to your Kirsflyer account.

Big thanks for the info! I don't know why I was thinking it was buffet style. Glad I now know we need a little more time allocated for breakfast. Our national park admission for one morning is the 8-8:40 slot, so we should have time that morning to sit down if we go early. Another morning we're doing Nauyaca waterfall, but self driving there. I wanted to leave by 8, but I guess we could push it to 8:30 so we also have time to sit down for breakfast. And another morning we need to be in Quepos for an 8am mangrove boat tour, so that morning may really be pushing it to try and sit. We'll probably have to ask for a bag breakfast that day.
I would recommend getting to the park (assuming you mean Manuel Antonio) earlier if you can change your tickets. We had 7:30 and already there was a huge line waiting and we didn't get in for 20-30 minutes. Plus the later it is, the hotter it is and the animals are out early. Also pay a guide if you can. They are great at spotting things and have high powered scopes to see.

Last edited:
One more Hyatt question: is the Chase Hyatt card a keeper? That is, do the benefits after the SUB justify the $95 AF?

We have a few nights at a Hyatt this month but the real reason I want the card (and the Discoverist status, which I realize is not worth a lot but is status of some sort) is for a trip next year. Wondering if I should get the card now or later.

One more Hyatt question: is the Chase Hyatt card a keeper? That is, do the benefits after the SUB justify the $95 AF?

We have a few nights at a Hyatt this month but the real reason I want the card (and the Discoverist status, which I realize is not worth a lot but is status of some sort) is for a trip next year. Wondering if I should get the card now or later.
i think so for the free night,15k is ideal though triggers the second certificate.

It has a yearly 4 cat fnc starting at the 1st anniversary. As long as you have a use for that yearly most see it as a keeper. Especially with the subs the past few years, haven't been worth churning.

I think it is based on the FN cert.

The offer on the personal Hyatt card hasn't changed in awhile, so there's no reason to wait. The business card version just dropped down to a single tier SUB and may go back up in the future similar to other Chase co-branded cards (Southwest).

I would recommend getting to the park (assuming you mean Manuel Antonio) earlier if you can change your tickets. We had 7:30 and already there was a huge line waiting and we didn't get in for 20-30 minutes. Plus the later it is, the hotter it is and the animals are out early. Also pay a guide if you can. They are great at spotting things and have high powered scopes to see.
Oh man, there's no way I can see on the site to change the time. Bummer! We'll try to get there right at the beginning of our slot, 8am then. Hopefully since we're going at a lower crowd time, there will be less people. I hope. 🤞Thanks for the tip!

YMMV - I’m one of the rare on here who cancelled after the first anniversary. Looking out a year at my travel, no Hyatts close to my trips so no need For a FNC. Have to look at your travel plans and make the call.

I have consistently been able to get great value from the FNC. In September I used it to stay at the Bank Hotel in Stockholm, cash rate would've been around $400.00 and because it was a SLH I received free breakfast.

My saga with the missing points + FNC for my personal HH card continue. Today marked 8 wks since meeting the MSR; I was told I could file a case today. When I called the CSR verified that I met the spend, then took 5 mins to check the T&Cs to make sure that a foreign purchase would qualify, then told me that I had to wait until December 1st to file a case. She said it would take 7-10 days to receive the points and FNC once the case is filed. What a PITA since I wanted to use dd's and mine together and she received hers at the end of August.

Gosh awful service continues from the STRAF in Milan. I didn't receive the night in my account and need a copy of the invoice to file a case for the missing night. Except I didn't get an invoice; I contacted the hotel asking for it and they said that since the stay is over and it was on points I need to contact Bonblah for the invoice, which is incorrect. Plus I had breakfast and city taxes due (which they said they would waive). So I contacted Bonblah who of course said they cannot access the computer system for the hotel and need an invoice to credit the night stay. I had to file a case with Bonblah to get a copy of the invoice (which the hotel clearly can't provide for some reason) and another for the missing night, which probably won't credit without said invoice (I need the night to count toward maintaining platinum status). PSA to anyone heading to Milan: don't stay at the STRAF, not only is the room design dark and ugly, the rooms are incredibly noisy and the staff are universally awful.

Contrast that to the RC Maldives. The night on points didn't show on my account, so I contacted the hotel. Within 5 hours I had a copy of the invoice e-mailed to me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter