I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

With that much organic spend, I'd look at one of the high sub Amex cards unless you've already held the Platinum/Gold charge cards (Biz and personal) and premium co-branded cards (Delta Reserve, Marriott Brilliant, etc) or have no interest in them.

If Amex isn't an option, US Bank's Business Leverage card is still at an elevated offer of $900 after spending $7,500 (AF waived 1st year): https://creditcardapply.usbank.com/ar/business-leverage-card?bankercode=100usb
I have the Amex Gold personal and have had the Gold biz. I just can't justify the AF on the platinums without a solid plan for the benefits. The US Bank Business Leverage card looks interesting. I haven't heard of that one before. I might go for it in addition to at least one other card.

thoughts on Marriot biz card? 3 free nights with spend does it get better p2 did 5 nights on personal last year

we're both 4/24 with chase biz cards recently as well. Blowing thru my msr for my latest ink.

i have 150k mr from them, every time I look at amex its not worthwhile to use. same with my fhr. any thoughts?

thank you

booked flight to lis and back from bcn using UR. hotels we went with small local places so have to do cash. :(

thoughts on Marriot biz card? 3 free nights with spend does it get better p2 did 5 nights on personal last year

we're both 4/24 with chase biz cards recently as well. Blowing thru my msr for my latest ink.

i have 150k mr from them, every time I look at amex its not worthwhile to use. same with my fhr. any thoughts?

thank you

booked flight to lis and back from bcn using UR. hotels we went with small local places so have to do cash. :(

It was recently 5 FNC. Unfortunately, expired now.

We just returned from a new-to-us but fun experience. We helped prepare an inn in Bar Harbor, ME for the season in exchange for free room/breakfast.

Each morning we looked at a list of tasks that needed to be completed and chose what we wanted to work on. We finished work at 1 p.m. and were free for the rest of the day to explore Acadia. We stayed at this particular inn a few years ago and loved it so when they put out the call to help prepare for the season we jumped on it. We got to see how much work it is to run a B&B and maintain an historic building. And we made some new friends through working side-by-side and communal meals. It's something I'd definitely do again.

Our daughter is very interested in this type of travel experience and has been scouring World Packers so I'd love to hear of any experiences with them or other work-for-accommodations arrangements.

(side note: our friends went on this experience with us and didn't really understand why I preferred to pay for everything and have them reimburse me. They kept trying to be helpful by paying cash for shared expenses.)
I've had this on my "when I'm semi-retired" bucket list for a while: Helping Hands
5 - 6 weeks of residential work opening Yellowstone NP - 20 hours a week, the rest of the time free for exploring!

I've probably asked this before (sorry)

If you were flying to take a cruise that starts and ends in Miami (carnival cruise if that matters), would you fly into MIA or FLL? What would I need to consider for either location?

I would fly in the night before, but I would fly out the same day that the cruise returns.

This is in December, if that makes a difference.
December is the start of our super busy events season with Art Basel and hotel prices reflect that. Traffic is also impacted. Have you checked hotel costs yet? If costs are similar, I would stay in Miami and avoid the drive.
Flights in my window have just opened. I am not limited on when I go so really looking for a good bargain on tickets in the last week of April - first week of May. I found a biz class flight for 50K miles on AF going from DTW to CDG to FCO. The layover is 4 hours (not ideal). Will I have access to a lounge in CDG during the layover? Not sure if I should jump on this or wait to see if something with a shorter layover becomes available.

We've spent a few 5 hour layovers in CDG. Yes, you get the lounge, although it's not the larger international one but the EU "domestic" one. It's big and has a lot of food and places to sit, but every time I've found that the many windows there make it pretty hot (so dress accordingly haha). They have showers there, too, and it's much better than the gate areas which seem over crowded. There is also some fun shopping one can do at CDG. ;)
Lucky you that have will have access to Biz lounges. The Priority Pass lounge at CDG was ridiculously out of the way, not Airside which wasn't made clear in the app so we ended up going through security twice (and the scanners weren't happy we scanned in twice and had to wait for a supervisor who looked at us like we had 2 heads when we explained what we had done) and there wasn't a bar or real food, just candy and canned olives and nuts. Still, as a CSR perk, and for "free", I shouldn't complain.

I've had this on my "when I'm semi-retired" bucket list for a while: Helping Hands
5 - 6 weeks of residential work opening Yellowstone NP - 20 hours a week, the rest of the time free for exploring!
Omg. Thanks for posting this. My bucket list includes working at a national park for a season once I retire. I really want to work for NPS but this would be great as well.

Chase will not approve the CSP application if it has not been 48 months from when he received the bonus…can you look back and see when it posted
really? I had thought chase would approve it, you just wouldn't get the bonus (and find out later)

On booking hotel rooms for someone else in your own hotel member profile:

I can book hotel nights for others through my Marriott account and accrue both the nights and points on my own account.
Does Hyatt also work this way?

On booking hotel rooms for someone else in your own hotel member profile:

I can book hotel nights for others through my Marriott account and accrue both the nights and points on my own account.
Does Hyatt also work this way?

I'm surprised Marriott works this way. Hyatt does not. You only get the night credit for the room you stay in and points for up to 3 rooms on the same stay.

I'm totally scared by high Annual Fees, yet I just applied for and was approved for the Amex Platinum Business Card for a 250,000 SUB with $20K spend in 3 months! I can actually meet the spend as I mentioned in another post, but I still feel so nervous about it. I plan on using bank bonus money to cover the AF, but still $695 is huge!
I was getting the 200,000 SUB and was thinking about going for it, but then I took too long and it went away. I then kept pulling up 150,000. I tried another incongito window and pulled the 250,000, so I saw it as a sign that I had to go for it. Tell me I did the right thing and please share any tips on getting the most value out of the perks this card offers! Thanks!

I'm surprised Marriott works this way. Hyatt does not. You only get the night credit for the room you stay in and points for up to 3 rooms on the same stay.
Honestly, I'm surprised myself. It clearly says that you cannot accrue points and nights if it's not your name on the reservation, but I do with about 90% success - as in the only times it hasn't worked is if I book more than one room, in any Marriott property, per night.

Good to know that Hyatt doesn't allow it. Thanks!

Just curious- do Chase Inks not show up on your credit report bc they are business cards?

Just happened to be checking my credit report and don’t see my cards having any balance. I used my ink to pay tuition and am waiting for work reimbursement so have just been paying it off slowly with 0% interest.

Extremely frustrated. Venture X is giving my wife a hard time by not giving her credit for my salary in her household income calculations, despite the fact that credit applications are *specifically* supposed to include all of the income someone has access to for applicants over 21.

We've run into this once before with Amex Platinum, and it's infuriating.
Update... 1 week later and we're still sitting in limbo waiting for the income verification review to be complete. They said 3 to 5 business days which would be EOD today but I'm not confident.

Just curious- do Chase Inks not show up on your credit report bc they are business cards?

Just happened to be checking my credit report and don’t see my cards having any balance. I used my ink to pay tuition and am waiting for work reimbursement so have just been paying it off slowly with 0% interest.
Correct. The hard inquiry when you apply for them will show up on your credit report but the accounts will not as long as they're in good standing.

This isn't a hard-and-fast rule. There are some issuers who do report business cards to the personal credit bureaus. But for the two biggest issuers, Chase and Amex, they do not report positive information but will report negative information.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter