I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This year we had a 3 day weekend at end of Feb/beginning of March. Pulled kid out of school another 2 days (well, one is an early dismissal day) and went to WDW. He is in 3rd grade so not too big a deal (plus he’s a good student, not struggling which also influenced my decision) but we’ve decided after this year to avoid taking him out of school for vacations, so it would be helto have the dang calendar. Last years school year ended the day after Memorial Day. That’s right, they had to go to school one day after the Holiday. :mad:
Our schools used to do that. . Josh school graduation used to be memorial day weekend then they added that Tuesday. By the time I graduated they had extended it thru the whole week.

Hey, Let's have a Wednesday off in the middle of a week followed by a 2 hour delay the following week on a Tuesday for staff development...I'm sure that won't affect any parents work schedules.

Meanwhile I'm sitting saying if you'd have made that a Friday off with a 2 hour delay Monday we're off to Florida for the weekend!! Or an early dismissal Friday with a Monday off, that would work too!
They took all half day institute days away and made every Wednesday early dismissal. We managed to work it out, but it’s a PIA. And DHs job is moving father away (he’s not sure how much longer the drive will be could be 5 minutes or 20depending on traffic) and he’s the drop off person so I can go to work early and leave early for early dismissal days. I hope his boss is understanding when he’s late for work every Wednesday.

Thanks! No big deal truly. I just completely misunderstood the promo thinking the 300 stars got you something besides a gold membership, which isn't all that useful in my case. Now I'm wondering if I link dh's CP to my Starbucks. He doesnt even have a Starbucks acct anyways.

I still think that stinks! I guess I didn't quite realize I was already gold, so I got the 2 bonus awards from my 300 stars.

I feel your pain, y'all! It's so annoying to not be able to plan out. Grr...

Our school district has released the calendars for the next FIVE years but, since my DD is graduating next spring, I keep very impatiently waiting for her graduation date. Every month I hope that it will be released but so far not so good. Ugh. How am I supposed to schedule her graduation trip this way??:eek:

Wow! We are lucky to get our calendar for next year by May. It is ridiculous how long it takes them to get them out. Only 2 more years to deal with it. Of course I have no idea where my DD will be next year so I really have no clue about her calendar. College decision time is so stressful, can't wait till this is decided.

Today's the last day of the offer. I'd hate to send @wendow back to Starbucks to spend more money, but people have had success getting stars for buying a $10 gift card in-store, right? She could load that money back into her Starbucks app.

But yes, if @wendow can go into DH's Chase Pay account, activate the offer and connect her Starbucks account to DH's Chase Pay account, then the Stars should go to her now-Gold account.

Yep, purchasing a new $10 GC with CP triggered the SB offer for me. Essentially, once gold, buying a $10 GC with CP essentially means free 2 free rewards since the $10 is back in your pocket to use again and at 5x UR.

Yep, purchasing a new $10 GC with CP triggered the SB offer for me. Essentially, once gold, buying a $10 GC with CP essentially means free 2 free rewards since the $10 is back in your pocket to use again and at 5x UR.
I think the lowest amount you can do is $5 on a gift card, is there a reason people are going for $10?

I got dinged by one of those. Nowhere on it did it say a convenience fee (almost equivalent to what I bought) was being charged. When I protested with Citi they issued me a courtesy credit for the fee and then admonished me saying vending machines always charge fees and I should have expected that :confused3 Someone in Citi customer service was on their high horse that day but I got my fee back!

I hate to rain on her parade but I NEVER was charged a fee at a vending machine for using a mobile pay or a CC. Could be that they charge outrageous prices for the items so it's baked in ($3 can of coke anyone? :eek:) but I'd have been shocked right with you. And I'm glad you mentioned it, I'm usually very keen to read the fine print for fees but since every one I've hit for the last 4 years hasn't had it I probably stop reading it.
I guess that's it's becoming more widespread it may pop up more, but really, they're making more money accepting a CC than only taking cash because who carries cash around anymore? The mere fact that I never have any "money" is what lets me keep it as I'm not dropping it in the vending machines. Now if work had put in the fancy ones with the credit readers, and I'm getting points for it, that might have been a whole other story :laughing:

Can you still get Disney gift cards with a BestBuy gift card? I was going to go to WholeFoods with my AmazonPrime Visa and buy some BestBuy cards and then head over to get Disney for our trip in May. I figure it would save me 5%.

Can you still get Disney gift cards with a BestBuy gift card? I was going to go to WholeFoods with my AmazonPrime Visa and buy some BestBuy cards and then head over to get Disney for our trip in May. I figure it would save me 5%.

Yes, getting Disney with a BB gift card is still working.

Despite being told by a local cashier that I couldn't after February (sorry for the false alarm!), I was able to use a Best Buy GC and Reward Certificates to buy a Disney GC last week. I haven't heard any news of people being systematically denied, although it's always YMMV with individual stores, managers and cashiers.

I would test with the smallest amount possible at first just to make sure it works at your local store.

Our school district has released the calendars for the next FIVE years but, since my DD is graduating next spring, I keep very impatiently waiting for her graduation date. Every month I hope that it will be released but so far not so good. Ugh. How am I supposed to schedule her graduation trip this way??:eek:
My mom feels the same way. I am done with my MBA, but have yet to hear a official graduation date and she is frustrated. She does not understand how they do not have it on the calendar yet when august will be here soon. Once she finds the date she will next be bugging me about where i am sitting so she can be close.:crazy:

i believe it has to be with a Business Relations Manager for the 100k. they will question you about your business. If you have a "business" its better to apply online.
They meant the business manager when i sent a message, but when i called they mention the marketing team .i already have the 80k offer, but i just got my card a week ago so i am able to ask for the higher offer. Fingers crossed I get approved for the 100k

What I hate is that our school district hasn’t even approved 2018-2019 calendar yet. So we don’t even know when the first day of school is next year, let alon Christmas or Spring breaks. I booked a cruise for May 2019 based on the fact that last day of school this year is before Memorial Day and the high school district has approved their calendar for 2018-19 with same. Fingers crossed.
Wow, I wish ours ended that early. Thanks to our governor we now don’t go back to school until after Labor Day and have to be finished by 6/15. Which means Spring Break is a whopping 2 days that they are required to have off for the Fri before Easter and the Mon after. Now that we have a middle schooler, that sucks since we don’t want to pull him out like we would in elementary school.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter