I love him but he can drive me crazy!!

Rock'n Robin

Disney Queen
I didn't feel very well last night--I laid down on the couch about 5:30--DH got home at 7 and told me to go to bed. I went upstairs and thumbed through a book then went down to sleep about 9. It was really nice of him to keep an eye on the kids AND have them clean the basement.
BUT...I've been up since a little after 5AM (good thing I got the extra sleep!) because of that darn SNORING!! I know he can't help it, but I only want to wake him up and say "Honey, roll on your stomach" so many times in one night! I have a VERY stiff neck which is probably from laying there tensing up every time I am about to fall asleep and a big snore rips out! I just went up to shut off my alarm because it doesn't even wake him up!
He's probably slept on the couch 80% of the time since 1992--I have always seemed to have one of the kids in bed--now that DS is 4 we try to have everyone in their own--which means DH is upstairs more often. God love him and so do I, but I sure sleep better when he's downstairs!
Robin M.

:D I feel for you!

My brother bought these air purifier things from Sharper Image for his house & it turns out that a side benefit (besides cleaner air) for them is that he stopped snoring!

If he snores REALLY loud, and sometimes sounds like he stops breathing almost, it could be sleep apnea, which can be indicative of toher problems. I'd mention it to his doctor, and see if they want to do a sleep study.

If he's just a normal snorer, but you're a light sleepr, then maybe one of those air purifier things would help.

MY DH is a snorer too, but I am a VERY heavy sleeper, so it doesn't bother me.

You got one of those too??? Do you know what I had to do? After months of getting little or no sleep due to dh's snoring I decided it was time to put up the spare bed in the loft ( right outside of the masterbedroom ) and when he starts with his snoring and wakes me up I go straight into the spare bed.
He says he does not have a problem and he does not want to go to get a sleep test , so I keep going to the spare bed. I guess he got tired of waking up with nobody next to him and he says he's going to the doctor next week to discuss what can be done.
Right now when he goes to sleep before me and I'm on my computer ( in the loft also ) if I hear him snore I don't even bother and I go straight into the spare bed.
Sad to have to do this but I can't keep getting nights with little or no sleep, I just can't function!

Buy some of the Breath Strips...they really work....my DH would get mad at me when I told him he snores..but he actually tried the strips and they helped alot!...

(I end up on the couch when he snores)

Holycow

Originally posted by Rock'n Robin
BUT...I've been up since a little after 5AM (good thing I got the extra sleep!) because of that darn SNORING!!

Welcome to my world! :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter