• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I Saw Mommy Kissing Goofy Claus - Dec '09 - DAY ONE, FINALLY (2/20) - PG# 40

Congrats! on the great deals you found!!! the stroller and the mixer!!! :yay: :cheer2:

1 week and 2 days how awesome is that!!!!:dancer: :dancer: :dancer:

check out my ticker... I reached my first of a year of celebrations...under the 365 day mark :rotfl: party:

Congrats! on the great deals you found!!! the stroller and the mixer!!!

1 week and 2 days how awesome is that!!!!:dancer: :dancer: :dancer:

check out my ticker... I reached my first of a year of celebrations...under the 365 day mark :rotfl: party:

1 week and 2 days equals...

SINGLE DIGIT DANCE TIME!!!
:banana::yay::woohoo::yay::banana:

Congrats on being under 365! My friends on Facebook have been telling me that they remember when I was in the 200's, so I know how you feel!!!

As you can see from the above post, I am officially in the "Single Digit Club!!!" Thanksgiving was great, my pumpkin pie/chocolate pudding/whipped topping pie won over the crowd! We got in from my dad's around 6, Madi was down by 7/7:30 and I went in for a nap at 8:30... Cause I was getting up at midnight! A friend and I hit up Walmart to hag out with the crazies... oh wait, we were two of those crazies! Alison was after the $50 Rockband set up and a few other odds and ends, I was after the GPS for Shamus, the $50 Philips Portable DVD Player for Madi for our trip, and a few other odds and ends... Way more than I care to admit later, we left the rest of the crazies and headed home to our nice warm beds. I got Madi the cutest Snow White tricycle... let me find a pic:

pTRU1-5999711dt.jpg

It wasn't on my list, but Madi had seen it before and liked it. She needs a bike, it was a good price... so I got it! I came home, took a nap and then Shamus & I decided to...

PACK!!!

Everything is just about good to go. Our carry on backpacks aren't done yet, but we've got plenty of time for those! What is everyone's thoughts on this: I know we are going to buy a bunch of souvies, so I decided to bring the large suitcase with the slightly smaller suitcase packed with our clothes packed into the larger suitcase. Do you think I will have any issues from security? Is a glowstick considered a liquid? I may need to put those in the stow-away. Any-hoots... we're nine days out and READY to go!!!

Things to Do & Days to Do Stuff:
- buy diapers, opting not to do a Garden Grocer order...
- buy razors for me
- buy hair ties for me
- buy toothbrush for Shamus
- buy "under garments" for me
- buy rechargable and lithium batteries
- get my eyebrows done
- Shamus needs a hair cut
- confirm/edit guest count on ADRs
- purchase bus fare
- look in to Renter's Insurance
- pre-pay bills while on vaca
- get cash for Mousekeeping, etc.

Sunday (11/29) - Cut down the Christmas tree
Tuesday (12/1) - Dentist :confused3
Wed/Thurs (12/2&3) - babysit 9A-5P
Thurs or Fri (12/3 or 4) - last minute Walmart trip
Saturday (12/5) - Online Check-in for Delta
- Main Street Stroll (Christmas Event here in town)
Sunday (12/6) - 3:10AM Bus to LOGAN!!! 7:05AM Flight to DISNEY!!!

I think that about sums it up... for today!

Sorry! I meant "You gotta love a great deal!", inclusive of all of us! *smacks forehead* My brain works faster than my fingers.

I edited it above.

It's ok, my brain reads faster than my eyes, I understood completely! :goodvibes

very nice bike!!!!!

My brother stood outside of Sears at 1am-4am when the store opened for the $600 Samsung TV and GPS (garmin) for our Mom and we got EVERYTHING!! We liked that you went to the registers to pay for the stuff instead of running over people to get stuff sitting out. We did have to wait 30 mins to get it from package pick up and load the TV in the SUV but it was worth it!

I'm glad you got what you wanted!!! Do you have to put the bike together???

LOVE all the deals you got!!!! I can't believe how close your trip is!!! :cool1:

AHHHH I am SOOO excited!!! :woohoo:

very nice bike!!!!!

My brother stood outside of Sears at 1am-4am when the store opened for the $600 Samsung TV and GPS (garmin) for our Mom and we got EVERYTHING!! We liked that you went to the registers to pay for the stuff instead of running over people to get stuff sitting out. We did have to wait 30 mins to get it from package pick up and load the TV in the SUV but it was worth it!

I'm glad you got what you wanted!!! Do you have to put the bike together???

Walmarts procedure was similar, they had 10 "Hot Ticket" items set up through out the store - they gave you a map to show you where to go if that was the item you wanted. You had to stand in line from 4 until 5 (we got in the store at 4, but could not claim "Hot Ticket" items or check out until 5) once the line "opened" you were given a barcoded slip that you could pay for at any register and then pick up your item at Tire & Lube. It was really easy and I didn't run in to any "nut jobs" (is that DIS profanity, if so, sorry...). For the most part people were there with a plan and stayed out of each others way, although Alison and I were not out for big ticket items, so maybe those people got crazy! :rotfl2:

I assume we will have to put the bike together ourselves, I am sure I could take it to Toys R Us and ask them to do it for $10, and maybe I will - if not I will put it together! What is it with men, they can do their work at work flawlessly, but you ask them to put something together at home and they half-butt it! :sad2:

LOL another stroller!?!?! Well at least this one will really meet every need you have including your concerns on theft!!!

Oh and your final days in Disney seem perfect. Again I comend you for just going with the flow.

The kitchenaid is an awesome deal. I LOVE mine!!!! I got a similar deal on mine. Bed, Bath and Beyond has a few shelves of stuff that they sell that is either a little damaged, or opened, or is a set or 2 instead of a set or 4. Anyway, Greg and I were walking into BB&B and we see this kitchenaid sitting on this shelf marked 50% off!!! So the sticker says that it's scratched and the lady that works there says to take it out and look at it. The stand part had a minuscule scratch on it. After our 20% off coupon we got the mixer for like $140. Best deal we ever got!! You are going to love this mixer. It's a little heavy but when it comes to baking nothing beats it. I even mixed 10lbs of potatoes in it for Thanksgiving (in batches).

yeah on the stand mixer- i got mine for my wedding almost 9 years ago and love it!!!

the most recent updates on days/schedules looks good! and love that stroller, never seen one before.

the snow white bike is just adorable! sounds like you have a lot done and not much left to do. it will be here beofre you know it. my how time has flown recently huh? :thumbsup2

Jen!!!!! My friend!!!! Sorry I have been so busy lately and not on here...trying to check items off that huge list I have! LOL

Congrats on the great BF deals! Good job on the packing! AND....really??? Another stroller??

Do you realize next Monday we will be meeting in person for the 1st time??!! Yay!!!

Dude, I totally missed your post about the bicycle!! It's so cute!!! Madi is going to love it.

This is the first year in 5 years I opted not the do the Black Friday shopping. I honestly don't think I would have been really good company, LOL I was really tired on Friday and I think I would have been in a very fowl mood if I was with my MIL and SIL at 4:30AM.

The list looks pretty good. I had a list myself and I think my brain is just getting fuzzy because I've been forgetting things. So I have a few last minute trips to make myself. I think I'll be okay. Honestly, I have all the major stuff set/done. If I forget something at this point it is not the end of the world. I really just want to get on the plane already!!!

LOL another stroller!?!?! Well at least this one will really meet every need you have including your concerns on theft!!!

Oh and your final days in Disney seem perfect. Again I comend you for just going with the flow.

The kitchenaid is an awesome deal. I LOVE mine!!!! I got a similar deal on mine. Bed, Bath and Beyond has a few shelves of stuff that they sell that is either a little damaged, or opened, or is a set or 2 instead of a set or 4. Anyway, Greg and I were walking into BB&B and we see this kitchenaid sitting on this shelf marked 50% off!!! So the sticker says that it's scratched and the lady that works there says to take it out and look at it. The stand part had a minuscule scratch on it. After our 20% off coupon we got the mixer for like $140. Best deal we ever got!! You are going to love this mixer. It's a little heavy but when it comes to baking nothing beats it. I even mixed 10lbs of potatoes in it for Thanksgiving (in batches).

Nice deal on your Kitchenaid too!!! I love "damaged" goods!

Oh man... don't think I'm crazy, but I think the newest stroller is going to be left at home and we'll take the $15 cheap-o. It has a larger basket and better recline... Ugh - strollers!

See ya a week (and 3.5 hours) from today! :goodvibes

yeah on the stand mixer- i got mine for my wedding almost 9 years ago and love it!!!

the most recent updates on days/schedules looks good! and love that stroller, never seen one before.

the snow white bike is just adorable! sounds like you have a lot done and not much left to do. it will be here beofre you know it. my how time has flown recently huh? :thumbsup2

I have an unhealthy obsession with strollers, I have come to that conclusion!

I am still in shock that in less than a week we will be in DISNEY!!!

Jen!!!!! My friend!!!! Sorry I have been so busy lately and not on here...trying to check items off that huge list I have! LOL

Congrats on the great BF deals! Good job on the packing! AND....really??? Another stroller??

Do you realize next Monday we will be meeting in person for the 1st time??!! Yay!!!

Like I said to exwdwcm, I have an unhealthy stroller obsession... Oy!

SOOOO excited for our meet up!!!

Dude, I totally missed your post about the bicycle!! It's so cute!!! Madi is going to love it.

This is the first year in 5 years I opted not the do the Black Friday shopping. I honestly don't think I would have been really good company, LOL I was really tired on Friday and I think I would have been in a very fowl mood if I was with my MIL and SIL at 4:30AM.

The list looks pretty good. I had a list myself and I think my brain is just getting fuzzy because I've been forgetting things. So I have a few last minute trips to make myself. I think I'll be okay. Honestly, I have all the major stuff set/done. If I forget something at this point it is not the end of the world. I really just want to get on the plane already!!!

Madi is going to love that bike, considering she came traipsing into my room and saw it... :sad2: Bit it's in the box, so the real thing will be amazing to her!!! Come on Christmas Morning!!!

Honestly, whatever is left to my list I could leave today and feel okay. But there are a few things that really need to be done, like pay bills LOL

I'm sure we all remember my going back and forth between Ohana and Liberty Tree for our MVMCP night and I was bummed that I had canceled my LTT ressies... well guess what ladies! Thanks to Erin (she put the idea in my head), I called Disney Dining to confirm all my ressies and low and behold, I never DID cancel the LTT! YAHOOO!!! So I had the very nice cast member go ahead and cancel the Ohana and we will now get to enjoy Liberty Tree! :woohoo: I posted over on the Dec canceled ressie thread and some one was quickly able to scoop up the Ohana! I also edited my guest counts to the appropriate 2A/1C. I am so flippin excited! COME ONE SUNDAY!!! :yay::yay::yay:

To Do & When!
DONE
NOT YET
SOME WHAT

Things to Do & Days to Do Stuff:
- buy diapers,
- buy razors for me found a stash, no need to buy more!
- buy hair ties for me
- buy toothbrush for Shamus

- buy "under garments" for me
- buy rechargable and lithium batteries
- get my eyebrows done
- Shamus needs a hair cut
- confirm/edit guest count on ADRs

- purchase bus fare intend to do this Friday
- look in to Renter's Insurance and it probably won't...
- pre-pay bills while on vaca intend to do this Thursday
- get cash for Mousekeeping, etc. - Will do this Friday when I make deposits

Tuesday (12/1) - Dentist :scared:
Wed/Thurs (12/2&3) - babysit 9A-5P - This has now turned into Mon/Wed/Thurs and possibly Tues and/or Fri
Thurs or Fri (12/3 or 4) - last minute Walmart trip - No need!!!
Thursday (12/3) - Pay Verizon & Comcast bills
Friday (12/4) - Bank run/deposits, get "change."
- Purchase bus fare
- Pay rent
Saturday (12/5) - Online Check-in for Delta
- Main Street Stroll (Christmas Event here in town)
Sunday (12/6) - 3:10AM Bus to LOGAN!!! 7:05AM Flight to DISNEY!!!

WOOHOO!!! This time next week we will be either lingering around Magic Kingdom or back at CBR taking a break/nap! :cloud9:

Just caught up with your ptr! Your daughter is so cute. I loved all the cute things you did for her bday! 6 days!! see you around lol!

You are just about done with your list Jen!!! You know what that means...you will be in Disney soon!!!!! Yay!!! I can't wait...what did you decide about the video camera?? Sorry I didn't text you back today...had to take the little guy for bloodwork then had all my last minute running around to do!

Almost there!

I hope today is over soon, so you will be closer to vaca :goodvibes & the dentist is done!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter