I Saw Mommy Kissing Goofy Claus - Dec '09 - DAY ONE, FINALLY (2/20) - PG# 40

YAY PHOTO SESSION!!!!! :yay::yay::yay::yay:

I must tell you that there is nothing like professional pictures. And you'll have them forever and it will be such a wonderful memory of Madi's first trip!!! They're going to be beautiful, I just know it already!!!

Soooooo close, soooooo excited!!! LOL I am currently working for a construction company (answering phones) and this morning I walked in and the radio station they always have playingin the factory has switched to 24 hour Christmas music. It just makes the whole thing that much more real, and closer, and actually tangible!!! Plus the 15 day forecast has our Disney days in it!!!!!

Glad you looked into the photo session...it is a great opportunity to get some great family shots. Make a list of certain ones that you want and bring it with you! The Poly looks like a great location too! I thought about doing it there, but did it at AKL out of convenience since we will be there anyway.

I guess we will probably keep that Ohana 5:05 ressie after all! When in Rome... eat in Rome :confused3

I bet you'll get some BEAUTIFUL pics!!!

I hope so! :goodvibes

love WCC and CP!! we are doing both as well!!

can't wait to see your photos from your photoshoot. My sister's boss gifted her one for our trip. So they are doing family photos at the WL on our trip. DH hates having his pic taken, so asking him to pose for photopass will be enough without an actual photoshoot! :rotfl2::confused3:rotfl: i bet they turn out fabulous though!

I am hoping for a good mix of silly and serious, just what we are! :laughing:

The photo shoot on Party Night does make sense--gives you time to get it done and then you all are right there.

I can't believe how close you are!!!!

you can't believe it - I Can't Believe It!!!!:eek:

YAY PHOTO SESSION!!!!! :yay::yay::yay::yay:

I must tell you that there is nothing like professional pictures. And you'll have them forever and it will be such a wonderful memory of Madi's first trip!!! They're going to be beautiful, I just know it already!!!

Soooooo close, soooooo excited!!! LOL I am currently working for a construction company (answering phones) and this morning I walked in and the radio station they always have playingin the factory has switched to 24 hour Christmas music. It just makes the whole thing that much more real, and closer, and actually tangible!!! Plus the 15 day forecast has our Disney days in it!!!!!

I am so glad that the idea found me :rolleyes: These will be great for Madi - and us :)

I spent yesterdays nap time wrapping gifts and listening to the "Sounds of the Season" on our cable box music channels! :thumbsup2 Tomorrow we should be in the 15 day forecast! :yay:

Day One Edit - So this photo session has thrown a small monkey wrench into our plans. We now will not be able to do the SciFi lunch on our HS half day as that day has turned in to HS/photo session/MVMCP we'll have to leave HS at our ADR time. SO, bring back in to play the 8:15P SciFi dinner at HS on arrival day. I won't cancel it before our trip, but if the night has just been long enough, we'll skip out.

Day Three - Epcot - December 8
Epcot is our one day that we have 3 TS meals. There are just SO many good places to eat here! We're starting our day with an 8:10A Princess Storybook Breakfast at Akershus, Norway. Madilynn will be dressed to the nines in her Snow White dress, crown & shoes! Please keep your fingers crossed that Snow White will be in attendance this day!

After breakfast we'll probably take in Future World as we have a 12:30 ADR for Coral Reef! I am hoping to have a great view/seats near the tank. I am looking forward to this meal a lot! I am just hoping that the service is on par, have heard so not so good things about the service here.

After lunch we'll walk around the World, popping in to shops and such, visiting with Santa's (still gotta print off Madi's Holidays Around The World Autograph Book) until our 6:20 Teppan Edo ADR. Another meal I can not wait to eat! Epcot may be my favorite eats day! After Teppan Edo we'll scope out our IllumiNations viewing spot.

Day three is a lot less structured, but we have to work around our 3 ADRs. Here's wishing us luck that we never wait more than 10 minutes to be seated, otherwise it may throw off the universe... :laughing:

YAAAAAAAY for 2 weels :banana: :banana: :banana:

I'm so glad you decided to do a photoshoot!! It will be great and i'm sure you will love the photos :love: Can't wait to see them!! :cutie:

:banana::banana::banana::banana: YAY TWO WEEKS!!!!!

Epcot is my favorite eats day too!!! We'll have two days there, the first day we're going to do our drink around the world and then we have a ressie at Rose an Crown and then our second day we'll have Le Cellier dinner package for the CLP.

Don't worry about the day being a little unstructured, it gives you more time to just enjoy what comes along and like you said you do have 3 ADR's. Plus Madi is going to have a blast with all the Santa's!! I love World Showcase, I think it's the shopping from all around the world!!! Oooo and don't forget about your pick a pearl!!! That will be fun for mommy and Madi!

WOOOOOOHOOOOOOO two weeks!!! Epcot is the BESTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!! The food, the drinks, the people, the countries, the atmosphere!!!!! All so wonderful!

I love the idea of a photo shoot, what a grand idea. I want to do that on my next trip, whether it be with Kent or with my brother and his family, I just want to do it.

2 weeks, super cool. The time will fly, heck the time is flying. It's to the point that I'm a little sad that the sooner I go the sooner it will all be over, get what I'm saying? But I won't dwell on that.

wooo hoooo! two weeks :dancer: :dancer:

BTW: have you seen this...tells you where to find Santa Goofy
http://www.wdwinfo.com/holidays/christmas_downtown_disney.htm

:santa:Connie

Thanks for that Connie!

YAAAAAAAY for 2 weels :banana: :banana: :banana:

I'm so glad you decided to do a photoshoot!! It will be great and i'm sure you will love the photos :love: Can't wait to see them!! :cutie:

I am looking forward to getting some nice shots of us! The last family pics we have are from when Madi was 1 or 3 months old... :scared:

:banana::banana::banana::banana: YAY TWO WEEKS!!!!!

Epcot is my favorite eats day too!!! We'll have two days there, the first day we're going to do our drink around the world and then we have a ressie at Rose an Crown and then our second day we'll have Le Cellier dinner package for the CLP.

Don't worry about the day being a little unstructured, it gives you more time to just enjoy what comes along and like you said you do have 3 ADR's. Plus Madi is going to have a blast with all the Santa's!! I love World Showcase, I think it's the shopping from all around the world!!! Oooo and don't forget about your pick a pearl!!! That will be fun for mommy and Madi!

I am super jealous seeing people do the single digit dance... mine doesn't come til Black Friday! Thanks for the Pick-a-Pearl reminder lol! I love Epcot a lot too, I wouldn't be surprised if we go back to Epcot for our last (undecided) day, Friday 11th.

WOOOOOOHOOOOOOO two weeks!!! Epcot is the BESTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!! The food, the drinks, the people, the countries, the atmosphere!!!!! All so wonderful!

I do love Epcot!!!

I love the idea of a photo shoot, what a grand idea. I want to do that on my next trip, whether it be with Kent or with my brother and his family, I just want to do it.

2 weeks, super cool. The time will fly, heck the time is flying. It's to the point that I'm a little sad that the sooner I go the sooner it will all be over, get what I'm saying? But I won't dwell on that.

I think the photo session will be a great addition to help with the memories! Is it to soon for me to pack? :rolleyes1

sounds perfect- we love Norway breakfast and have it for our last full day. We also have Coral Reef lunch too- this will be our first time- have you done it before? I've been dying to try Teppan Endo too- i've heard such great things on it- i am sure it will be delicious!!! yes, i agree, so hard to choose, so many good places to eat Epcot! at least you won't be hungry that day! :thumbsup2

2 Weeks?!?!? Wow--Epcot is a great park for food. We've done Le Cellier, Coral Reef, and Tutto Italia there. Coral Reef is definitely great for the atmosphere.

UPDATE @ 2:05PM - We will do our photo session at the Polynesian at 4:00 on Dec 10 - PARTY NIGHT!!! Thsi made the most sense. We will be at HS for the morning, head back to CBR for a nap and photo session prep, 4:00 Poly photo session, PARTY like it's MVMCP from there!
:thumbsup2

Whoo-hoooo! Go Photoshoot! :yay:
You'll have such a great pic since you'll be all rested up and dressed up!

Day One Edit - So this photo session has thrown a small monkey wrench into our plans. We now will not be able to do the SciFi lunch on our HS half day as that day has turned in to HS/photo session/MVMCP we'll have to leave HS at our ADR time. SO, bring back in to play the 8:15P SciFi dinner at HS on arrival day. I won't cancel it before our trip, but if the night has just been long enough, we'll skip out.

Ooohhh, as long as you get Sci-Fi in! Such a great place!

Day Three - Epcot - December 8
Epcot is our one day that we have 3 TS meals. There are just SO many good places to eat here! We're starting our day with an 8:10A Princess Storybook Breakfast at Akershus, Norway. Madilynn will be dressed to the nines in her Snow White dress, crown & shoes! Please keep your fingers crossed that Snow White will be in attendance this day!

After breakfast we'll probably take in Future World as we have a 12:30 ADR for Coral Reef! I am hoping to have a great view/seats near the tank. I am looking forward to this meal a lot! I am just hoping that the service is on par, have heard so not so good things about the service here.

After lunch we'll walk around the World, popping in to shops and such, visiting with Santa's (still gotta print off Madi's Holidays Around The World Autograph Book) until our 6:20 Teppan Edo ADR. Another meal I can not wait to eat! Epcot may be my favorite eats day! After Teppan Edo we'll scope out our IllumiNations viewing spot.

Day three is a lot less structured, but we have to work around our 3 ADRs. Here's wishing us luck that we never wait more than 10 minutes to be seated, otherwise it may throw off the universe... :laughing:

Ahhh! My fav park, Epcot. :goodvibes Wow, you got quite a day there.

Princess Storybook Breakfast at Akershus, Norway - had a great time there! I went for Jenna's (my niece) actual 15th bday day. Snow White was indeed there and she was awesome! I actually booked that for Aurora and she was th only on NOT there. :rotfl: We found her later in France.
The castle is GORGEOUS inside. I'm plotting a way to see if I can go back solo. :laughing:

Coral Reef - I ate there once; I don't remember once. we wre seated at the tank and it was the coolest. I don't remember how the food was.

Teppan Edo - I really want to ry this one as well. I didn't make an ADR but I would imagine I probably have a good chance for a walk-up as a party of 1. If not, it'll be on the "next time" list. I want to make sure I see all the Santas before i committed to an Epcot ADR!

And WOOT!!! It's almost here!!!

sounds perfect- we love Norway breakfast and have it for our last full day. We also have Coral Reef lunch too- this will be our first time- have you done it before? I've been dying to try Teppan Endo too- i've heard such great things on it- i am sure it will be delicious!!! yes, i agree, so hard to choose, so many good places to eat Epcot! at least you won't be hungry that day! :thumbsup2

This is my first time at most of my ADRs! When I went in '06 I remember Crystal Palace, Rain Forest Cafe (AK), Nine Dragons, 50's Prime Time & Sunshine Seasons.

2 Weeks?!?!? Wow--Epcot is a great park for food. We've done Le Cellier, Coral Reef, and Tutto Italia there. Coral Reef is definitely great for the atmosphere.

Madi is going to love Coral Reef!

Whoo-hoooo! Go Photoshoot! :yay:
You'll have such a great pic since you'll be all rested up and dressed up!

Ooohhh, as long as you get Sci-Fi in! Such a great place!

Ahhh! My fav park, Epcot. :goodvibes Wow, you got quite a day there.

Princess Storybook Breakfast at Akershus, Norway - had a great time there! I went for Jenna's (my niece) actual 15th bday day. Snow White was indeed there and she was awesome! I actually booked that for Aurora and she was th only on NOT there. :rotfl: We found her later in France.
The castle is GORGEOUS inside. I'm plotting a way to see if I can go back solo. :laughing:

Coral Reef - I ate there once; I don't remember once. we wre seated at the tank and it was the coolest. I don't remember how the food was.

Teppan Edo - I really want to ry this one as well. I didn't make an ADR but I would imagine I probably have a good chance for a walk-up as a party of 1. If not, it'll be on the "next time" list. I want to make sure I see all the Santas before i committed to an Epcot ADR!

And WOOT!!! It's almost here!!!

I really hope we aren't too tired to get to our SciFi 8:15 ressie on arrival day! Madi was just telling me yesterday (while watching Snow White for the first time) that she wants to hug Snow White! :goodvibes So Akershus will be GREAT! I hope you are able to get a walk up ressie for 1!

Coral Reef we're going to basically for the environment/aquarium. We can get fresh (local!) seafood right here at home!

And Teppan Edo just looks delicious, and fun!

You have some great ADRs! My goal is always to try new restaurants with every trip because there are just so many!!!! We loved Akershus especially when we met Jasmine and Mulan for the first time. The interaction was great! We are trying Sci-Fi for the first time this trip - mostly for the atmosphere. It's getting so close!!!!

Coral Reef is a must do for my kids because of the fish. The last time we were there, we saw the divers in the tank. It was awesome--seeing the divers with all of the fish. I am still trying to get a lunch reservation there instead of Chefs, but can't.

You have some great ADRs! My goal is always to try new restaurants with every trip because there are just so many!!!! We loved Akershus especially when we met Jasmine and Mulan for the first time. The interaction was great! We are trying Sci-Fi for the first time this trip - mostly for the atmosphere. It's getting so close!!!!

A lot of our choices for ADRs were based on pictures of the restaurants, not so much the menu! Although, we are doing a lot of character dining for Madi too.

Coral Reef is a must do for my kids because of the fish. The last time we were there, we saw the divers in the tank. It was awesome--seeing the divers with all of the fish. I am still trying to get a lunch reservation there instead of Chefs, but can't.

I am hoping we are close to the tank and are able to catch the diver as well! :wizard:

I'm thinking if perhaps, you get there just a shade early and request the tank, I'm sure you will get it.

We were 2 adults when we went and we got the tank, so I'm positive for the adorable Madi and who can resist if she requests the tank. :wizard:

So much to do, so little time! Ack! How is your lists going?

Day Four - December 9th - Animal Kingdom

This is going to be a great day, we've got a whole 12 hours to play with in Animal Kingdom! We've got a pre-park opening ADR with Erin and her family at Tusker House! :thumbsup2 We're both planning to head straight to the safari after breakfast. The rest of our day is open and undecided. We have a dinner ADR at Yak & Yeti for 7PM and the park closes at 8PM. My only must do request is Kali River! We've gotta get on that, twice if possible!!! Madi is tall enough to ride and I loved it in '06! This will either be our last ride of the night, or we'll ride it and take a break back at CBR to freshen up before dinner. We may also go to Downtown Disney after we leave AK to ride the Characters in Flight balloon and hope for a glimps of soem fireworks! Just another "time will tell..." day!

Day Five - December 10th - CRAZY Day!

This day is by far the craziest for us. I think all of the go with the flow days leading up to this one will be a God send! We will start off our day at Grand Floridian for an 8:15AM ADR with Mary Poppins, Alice & all their friends! We will then hope over to Hollywood Studios to check out anything else we want to or may have missed on our arrival day. We plan to hang out at Hollywood Studios until 2PM or so, then it's back to CBR to freshen up for our photo session at Poly and Mickey's Christmas Party!!! I still have my ADR for Ohana and haven't decided if we will use it or not... what is it I like to say? Time will tell! This night we are also enjoying the Wishes Dessert Party!!! WOOHOO!!! I am hoping we can close the park, but we shall see!

Day Six - December 11th - Saying "See Ya Reeeeal Soon!"

We're starting our last day with breakfast with the Mouse himself! I booked us a later ADR for this as we will have been up late for the party, 9:30AM, yes that's "late" for this trip! The rest of the day is unstructured! We will have one final park admission left to use if we should want to dip into a park before bidding Disney ado. I am thinking it will probably be between Epcot and Hollywood Studios. Our flight departs at 7:30PM so I think Magic Express will want us ready for 3 or 4 PM. And with that, we will head home to enjoy the holidays with the ones we love, and plan our next trip to The World - cause I am gonna get an amazing bounceback offer, I can FEEL it!!!

In other, real life news... I bought another stroller... yes... ANOTHER stroller. But I am confident that this is the last stroller I will ever buy! I will gladly sell the Maclaren after setting eyes on this beauty! I found a Quinny Zapp on craigslist for $100 and offered $75 and GOT IT!!!

Here's a pic:
qnyZAPPstb.jpg

It is super lightweight, worlds most compact closed stroller, can fit in the overhead bin of the airplane, which means I can probably lug it on to rides if I am that concerned of theft! - and the lady only used it 5-6 times and they retail for $170+. Good buy in my mind!

Up next, tonight or tomorrow some time - More on the lists that run my life!

Completely off subject...

I GOT MY STAND MIXER!!!

Since the beginning of time I have dreamt (is dreamt suddenly not a word? Why am I being told it is mis-spelled?) of owning a Kitchenaid Stand Mixer! My mom got one with the money she recieved from a car accident. I have fond memories of baking and cooking so many yummy things with the help of that thing. I could never justify, or afford, the near $300 price tag either. Then it happens... BLACK FRIDAY ADS! I browse and find it at Sears for $149! YAHOO!!! Then I see it at Walmart for $139 - bigger YAHOO!!! Oh but wait, then as I am watching Glee tonight I see a commercial for Sears saying "Beat the rush! Shop our doorbusters online NOW!" WHAT THE WHAT?!?!?! BINGO! Not only did I not have to stand in the cold, battle a bunch of other crazies, wake up at an un-godly hour, I also got an additional online discount of 10% off all small appliances! YAHOO!!! again! So, to recap my glory - mixer, whisk attachment, replacement plan, taxACHUSETTS tax, FREE shipping - brings my total to a whopping $155!!!

:woohoo: GO ME!!! :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter