I won a Disney Cruise! PTR

I did check in for the Cruise. :banana: One more step closer. So exciting. I was able to enter in our passport info and sign DD up for the Kid's Club. I tried to get a check-in time, but a message came up that said we were Pre-Stay so a check in time wasn't necessary and that a Disney Rep would take care of us. Not exactly sure what that means. :confused3 Anyone out there who could provide a bit of insight to this?

We also went shopping for cruise clothes this weekend for DH and DD. We got DD a new formal. I know this wasn't completely necessary as she has plenty of dresses that would work, but I mentioned it and she was completely for it. Her last formal she wore a couple of times at Disney for meals at the Castle and would pose for pictures and stuff. She rarely willing wears dresses right now, so since she was willing, we went to the local bridal store. We got her a beautiful blue long dress. She is in love with it and said she will wear it a few times. Of course she picked the one dress on the rack that WASN'T on sale. :upsidedow Then DH decided he needed new shorts, shirts, swim suits and stuff.
Next up is DS. I've got to get him some Khakis and dress pants for dinner. He has grown 4 inches since last summer, so none fit.

This free cruise is certainly adding up. :goodvibes

Thanks for reading! Hattisburg is a great place. So if you went to New Orleans from there you passed right by our town. We live in Picayune, right off I-59. Now if you blinked you would be in LA before you realized it.

Oh yes! I know of Picayune! AND I miss Paul's!! Mardi Gras up here in the midwest is just plain boring!!! :rotfl:

Yay for Disney shopping! So much for a "FREE" cruise! :woohoo:

Eeyor44, you are one lucky family.
I am so envious . I would have never believed that Disney would be giving away this awesome cruise. I'm not surprised your so hyped up, I would be too. Love the fact that you got a verandah on deck 7 and the Atlantis aqua advenutre for 4. Well done.
Congratulations.
We'll be on the last August 8n NYC to Bahamas sailing so I guess I've got to wait a while.

In regards to the port arrival time, when you have disney transportation you dont have to worry about scheduling a time. You can go to the port as soon as your transportation gets you there.

I was on the june 2nd cruise, you will have a great time. Remember to RELAX and soak your experience in as much as possible.

Oh yes! I know of Picayune! AND I miss Paul's!! Mardi Gras up here in the midwest is just plain boring!!! :rotfl:

Yay for Disney shopping! So much for a "FREE" cruise! :woohoo:
Ah yes, Paul's Pastry and King Cakes. Something I would definitly miss if I had to move.

Eeyor44, you are one lucky family.
I am so envious . I would have never believed that Disney would be giving away this awesome cruise. I'm not surprised your so hyped up, I would be too. Love the fact that you got a verandah on deck 7 and the Atlantis aqua advenutre for 4. Well done.
Congratulations.
We'll be on the last August 8n NYC to Bahamas sailing so I guess I've got to wait a while.
Thank you. There was a lot I didn't know when I originally won. Little by little Disney is revealing just how awesome this trip is.

In regards to the port arrival time, when you have disney transportation you dont have to worry about scheduling a time. You can go to the port as soon as your transportation gets you there.

I was on the june 2nd cruise, you will have a great time. Remember to RELAX and soak your experience in as much as possible.

Thanks! Yes, I am going to try very hard to relax and enjoy everything. I just want to KNOW everything before I go. :thumbsup2
and thanks for the confirmation about the arrival time. I have seen others mention receiving boarding times but they are all driving in or using local transportation to the terminal.

I have purchased three books about the Disney Cruise Line. First I got Birnbaum Guides for Disney Cruise Line. Pretty much just an expansion of what is on the web site, but it was a good start. Next, Hidden Mickeys Go To Sea. We love searching for Hidden Mickeys so I thought this would be a good book for DD to read. Last I got the Passporters book for the Cruise Line. This book is full of information. WOW! We are going to the Mountains for a week so I am taking this one with us to read while we are gone. I want to know where everything is and how it all works before we get there.

Another project is the Fish Extender. I joined the FE group for our cruise and have had so much fun planning the gifts for the different families. I realized tonight that I forgot to make our Fish Extender this weekend. :headache: I am going to pick out the materials before we leave for the mountains and then I'll put it all together when we get back. We have a couple projects that we can take with us, so DD and I are going to enlist the help me Dsis and DN. I thought it would be a fun project in case of rain, we always have rain.

This trip was planned well before we knew about the cruise and since we had already put the deposit down and and a certain wonderful Aunt was expecting us, we couldn't not go. We will be home from Upstate New York for 10 days and then we fly to NYC. Just enough time to wash, repack and check the mail. :thumbsup2

Let me tell you, I missed me some King Cake this year!!!!!! :sad1:

What is Fish Extender? Is that a cruise thing??

Have fun in the Mountains!!

Let me tell you, I missed me some King Cake this year!!!!!! :sad1:

What is Fish Extender? Is that a cruise thing??

Have fun in the Mountains!!

A fish extender is a type of "Secret Santa" on the Ship, but I believe you know who the little gifts come from. There are all sorts of threads on it-we haven't done it in the past, but I plan to when we cruise next year!!!!:banana:

Eyeor, Hope you have two fabulous vacations....Can't wait to hear about it when you come back (cruise). Are you planning on doing a trip report so I can keep an eye out for it?

A fish extender is a type of "Secret Santa" on the Ship, but I believe you know who the little gifts come from. There are all sorts of threads on it-we haven't done it in the past, but I plan to when we cruise next year!!!!:banana:

Eyeor, Hope you have two fabulous vacations....Can't wait to hear about it when you come back (cruise). Are you planning on doing a trip report so I can keep an eye out for it?

That's awesome! I love that idea! :thumbsup2

is it the brand new passporter book? I had ordered it from Amazon but kept getting messages about how it was going to be delayed. Wondered if it was worth re ordering!

Only a week to wait. I bet you are on pins and needles waiting. I hope you have great time!

is it the brand new passporter book? I had ordered it from Amazon but kept getting messages about how it was going to be delayed. Wondered if it was worth re ordering!

No, I got last years. This years wasn't available yet, but it is full of information. We are taking it with us.

Sorry, I haven't had time to read and answer everyone. Been without internet a lot of the month. We leave today, actually in a few minutes. I will take lots of pictures and lots of notes. We are incrediably excited to finally be going. This has been an amazing journey with Disney so far. Thanks for reading and sharing my excitement. We will return in 9 days.

Congratulations Lisa!!!!!

I came across this tonight, I knew you were cruising but I didn't know you had won it, how cool is that!

We are way overdue for another DIS meet, I can't wait to hear all about it.

Have a great time,

Debbie

cant wait to hear and see all about it. have a blast

Sorry, I haven't had time to read and answer everyone. Been without internet a lot of the month. We leave today, actually in a few minutes. I will take lots of pictures and lots of notes. We are incrediably excited to finally be going. This has been an amazing journey with Disney so far. Thanks for reading and sharing my excitement. We will return in 9 days.

:dance3: How exciting! Hope your trip is perfect!!! Now, off to play the latest round of the game myself!!!! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter